BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some oil residue on the oil pan around the weep hole last week. I cleaned it all off, rode a for about 300km's yesterday and the oil was back. So far, all the searching I've done leads to the seal on the oil pump failing and needing to be replaced.

The only issue is my dealer doesn't have an available appointment for another month, and I have a trip to the tail in 2 weeks.

Does anyone know if riding the bike like this will lead to any other issues? Or it's just going to be in inconvenience of having to clean the oil off after every ride.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive exhaust

Eye Leg Hood Jaw Automotive design

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
526 Posts
This is me...mine is a dripper too. I've been waiting for 2 months to get it in. I clean it before the ride and monitor the level. I won't take it on the track until it's addressed. That's not kind to other track riders. I still ride it. Just not on the track. I have an appointment o. The 25th to drop it off. This is the second time something has leaked from that weep hole. First time it was coolant. Now oil. It's a PITA
Considering how crazy fussy I am about the bike being clean and well sorted out, like I'm OCD about it being clean and everything being right. This bugs me more than I cam describe.

Reactions: cjc
1 - 2 of 2 Posts