BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Vendor
5,239 Posts
You cannot trust some of the data posted even by BMWAG until a product is completely in production and released to the general dealer network. Then better owners manuals, and parts list are provided.

· Registered
18 Posts
You can see that the presentation is from the 2023 S1000RR. And for what I find out, even in the user manual; the M1000R doesn't have slide control in the DTC, only in the ABS. I also didn't find the M R bringing the steering sensor that the 23' S1000RR has.
Nate was in Spain and I watch him in another video talking about the DTC etc but about the S1000RR. I guess he did mix the reviews... (
)

· Registered
316 Posts
If similar to the cars, if you reset the tire's baseline after adding or removing air it should only warn when the delta is exceeded.

Happens in winter when the temps drop causing the air to condense. If I add air I will continue to get messages until I perform a reset.

· Registered
212 Posts
With the warning turned off in the settings you shouldn't get any massage except if there is a leak
I had one of the first k67 and back then it wasn’t possible. You were getting the messages if system was on and iirc it couldn’t not be turned off. I’m glad that’s changed. If you can turn off initial messages but still be warned if there is pressure loss that would be awesome.
btw I would bet good money that the M1000R will have the system. They didn’t go like the MRR lightest possible with non electronic suspension, no RDC, etc.It seems the MR will have it all

· Registered
212 Posts
If similar to the cars, if you reset the tire's baseline after adding or removing air it should only warn when the delta is exceeded.

Happens in winter when the temps drop causing the air to condense. If I add air I will continue to get messages until I perform a reset.
The bmw system uses a temp pressure sensor (measures temperature and pressure) and thus gives a temperature adjusted pressure which in return means you don’t get the low pressure just because temperature drops.

I also don’t recall an option in setting like in the bmw cars to reset the sensors/tire after adjusting pressure.

· Registered
145 Posts
I had one of the first k67 and back then it wasn’t possible. You were getting the messages if system was on and iirc it couldn’t not be turned off. I’m glad that’s changed. If you can turn off initial messages but still be warned if there is pressure loss that would be awesome.
btw I would bet good money that the M1000R will have the system. They didn’t go like the MRR lightest possible with non electronic suspension, no RDC, etc.It seems the MR will have it all
I agree - I got a publication to send me their press release from BMW post embargo. It lists RDC as a standard feature. Also has slide control listed, which I think someone above was implying it doesn't have.

· Registered
316 Posts
I agree - I got a publication to send me their press release from BMW post embargo. It lists RDC as a standard feature. Also has slide control listed, which I think someone above was implying it doesn't have.
Press Releases are here…

· Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Seen one at the dealer yesterday! Bike looks super aggressive! I want to ride it so bad!! Lots of carbon, DDC and very beefy rearsets!

Tire Vehicle Wheel Motorcycle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Light Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
BMW S1000XR
147 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

I've also seen one in the flesh yesterday at the dealership. This is in Belgium.

It costs a whopping $2.500 to register the MR here and $5.000 for the MRR. Yikes!

Reactions: einzelgänger

· Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Cool. Thanks for sharing. Are they coming quicker in Canada than US?
I guess so. But I’m sure a bunch must have landed south of the border

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 67 Posts