BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

Registered
Wow, 3D printed rider models now, THAT'S new. Makes sense though, although they MIGHT want to also loook at aero with the bike leaned over and the rider hanging off too. Like F1 went to "rolling" windtunnels because they much more closely mimicked actual conditions (i.e. the turbulence created by the turning wheels).
WorldSBK

Registered
Your goofy , tuuli crashed countless times , ran out of gas 2 times they did have a loss of 3rd gear 1 time but no engine faiures ? the F3675 has had a good mechanical record . Not as good as the triumph 765, but that bike/ engine is ridiculously reliable . I think te triumph 765 has had 1 engine failure in 4 years in moto2 and the entire field is running same engine .
I am looking at the de rosa years as well...take the rose tonted blinkers off

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Registered
DErosa didnt have an engine failures he had ecu failure/glitch for 3 races in a row couldnt find the problem(new Elger brand). Not rose colored glasses . I just do not consider electrical ploblems and mechanical failures . I didnt consider Toprak YAmaha R1 dnf as mechanical failure as well as it seems Every manufacture has electrical issues at some point .. RAce engines have become MUCH more durable than years ago.Electronics are now what cause dnfs in wsbk/wss.

I betwith this new format and all the changes electronics will be what cause the most dnfs across the board in ALL brands .

Alex you must admit MV and Triumph do one hell of a job for such tiny companies . True david and goliath situations.

Registered
Speaking f reliability ...Dont be surprised if CF MOTO doesnt get into WSS in 2023 with its new 900cc parallel twin sportbike SR-C21 .CF MOTO owns 51% of KTM so it has ktms RC8c 900cc paralell twin engine all top tier components , SC Project exhausts, brembo stylema brakes Ohlins suspension front/rear . BUT CFMOTO electronics so i can see that being a nightmare lol.

CF MOTO is trying to be a top tier manufacturer ,so just running in and finishing would be a feather in there cap. Again with race electronics i have serious doubts of any success even with there big budget.

Ps CF MOTO is genuinely trying to make better top tier bikes but they are NOT cheap. For the roughly extra 600$ you can get comparable japanese/Euro manufactured bikes. i woudnt take the risk and they are still not on par with Euro/Japanese models .

BTW google the CF MOTO SR-C21 it is a Very Sharp unique looking bike .

Registered
That doesnt surprise me . Asians actually have a saying about copying. Same, same , not same .Even when they have the engineering down pat they use low, low grade metal.

India same deal , Royal Enfields rust and at roughly 40,000 miles the engine cylinders are worn oval.

Btw Royal Enfield has 650 race cup series in UK lol.

I wonder if this is why Honda was having traction problems in WSBK 馃
Ohlins & Brembo have proven to work (R1 & others have them them). This is prob more of a strategic move for Honda to save more. Showa and Nissin sponsor deals are better than Ohlins & Brembo. I'm surprised, OEM RRR SP comes with Ohlins & Brembo. Which they updated on 2022 SP bike.

Reactions: SRod321

Registered
Hi Srod i see where your comming from but i agree with Zoo. Brembo is tried and true,used by most all of the teams so if the problem was in the braking it would show up on other teams bikes.

Srod Leon CAmier was the best superbike set up rider on the planet and he has no answers. Bautista and his crew chief may have been correctwhen they said the cbr 1000rrr chassis has a inherent design flaw that cannot be fixed.

The BMW M1000RR has made more improvement in its 1st year than the cbr1000rrr has in 3 years . Has the cbr 1000rrr hasnt made ANY improvement in 3 years.

Even though the Suzuki gsxr1000rr has power deficit (old long stroke combustion chambers) Ithinkit would beat the Honda cbr 1000rrr .

ps With all the hype and money honda spent i thought the cbr 1000rrr was going to come out of the box a winner.

Registered

I wonder if this is why Honda was having traction problems in WSBK 馃
Nah, I expect it's financial primarily. Showa and Nissin are also both Japanese brands and it will add presitge to win with an all JPN effort. Nissin/Showa supply Honda for OEM parts, right?

Basically this isn't going to 'improve' the bike.

Registered
Nah, I expect it's financial primarily. Showa and Nissin are also both Japanese brands and it will add presitge to win with an all JPN effort. Nissin/Showa supply Honda for OEM parts, right?

Basically this isn't going to 'improve' the bike.
I've seen it before as a matter of pride with the Japanese wanting to use all Japanese products...and they've had varying levels of success with it. Some of the MotoGP teams use Nissin brakes.

Reactions: SRod321

Registered
Honda owns KYB a japanese suspension company who has been in motogp before .Honda is copying Kawasaki using the data they have collected in the past 7 years

Registered
I didn't know they started testing already. I thought it was starting later this month or February.

Registered
Allthe manufacturers in motogp and wsbk want more testing time as it saves them time and money in engineering cost . Also makes job easier fim wont admit mistake .

41 - 56 of 56 Posts