BMW S1000RR Forum banner
421 - 440 of 457 Posts

·
7,486 Posts
The commentator said it, you have your opinion, I have mine.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
No the commentator said fighting for 2nd position between rea and Bassani helped Bautista being he was ahead of them helped Bautista . In that case rea helped bautista also . Your saying it as if Bassani had team orders from Ducati which is wrong = Ducati hate .

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Zoo when I say the Euro bikes are better than the japanese bikes its not an opinion its just fact .
One of the reason euro bikes are better is the fact they use MUCH better components .... Example : My Kawasaki H2 comes stock with Brembo M50 PRODUCTION GRADE Calipers = 2 piece , cast aluminum body with steel pistons/ internals, no coatings ... In comparison The MV Agusta F4 RR comes with Brembo RACING GRADE Calipers = One piece Monoblock Forged Billet aluminum body, Forged Titanium pistons/ internals and coatings
Suspension Kawasaki H2 Ohlins TTX36 PRODUCTION GRADE rear shock = Cast aluminum body, steeel sping , no coatings ........MV F4RR and Ducati V4S Ohlins TTX36 RACING GRADE rear shock= Forged Billet aluminum body, Titanium Spring /internals and has coatings . Same situation with front forks and the rest of components
Same situation with other Euro manufactures BMW, Aprilia KTM They all use Racing grade components and All Japanese Manufacturers use production grade components . Euro bikes cost more but you get what you pay for ....BTW.. if you put the Production grade and Racing Grade shocks/ brake calipers next to one another you can visulally see the difference

I am not saying Japanese bikes are bad, BUT The Euro bikes are just better in all aspects and have been for last 15 years .

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
FYI All....My Doctor thinks my bile duct tumor/cancer may be growing/spreading (its a rare cancer and slowest growing cancer can take 20 years to kill you , or kill you in weeks ). If confirmed , I am buying a MV Agusta brutale 1000RR Nurburing AND A New 2023 gen 5 BMW M1000RR . Pay in cash = Cant take it with me as the old saying goes .

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Thanks Elk , i hope so too .. I am not getting buried under ground bought little marble house in cematary. called a mausoleum. Doctors told me years ago but its the slowest growing form of cancer .
Anyhow Elk stop in to see the podcast i cohost on you tube .. Motogp Mac.. Very informative . Mac is from Ireland, ex racer and really knows Motogp/wsbk/ bsb . Have good members , avid motogp/wsbk fans but no delirious fanboys . Mac puts out a video nearly every day . MUCH better than Crash podcasts . Crash used to be good the one day did a 180 and suddenly became P/c woke Dorna/honda arse kissers .The reason crash went woke /arse kissers is fear of being black liste then losing there job (they do podcast for a living)

·
Registered
608 Posts
It was a foregone conclusion when AB19 didn't fall off like in 2019. To be winning by multiple seconds, everywhere in full race distances is dominance. The bike and rider are well suited. Rea and Raz are having to over-ride to lay a glove on Alvaro/Duc. I would like to see some balancing in the off season. I wonder if personalised rpm limits based on rider&bike combined weight might be an option or just too complex. I say this even though, it's the frontal area that seems to be more important to AB19's success than purely his weight...and messing with the frontal area or setting minimum drag numbers would be way too difficult. But give a bigger rider a few more RPM might see the straights a little more balanced...making the corners more important again.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi Alex performance finds its own level. The Honda is faster than the Ducati . Does honda get penalized also? Legislation on performance screws things up . Look at Kawasaki /Aprilia . Also ... The whole idea behind racing is to go as fast possible .

As far as balancing weight = too complicated and tedious . You would have to weight all the riders every race ... It a small mans sport . I know being i was 240lbs at 7% body fat(low)

Dornas new chassis ruling for 2023 is unfair but BMW and Honda should make a huge step forward .

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you read the rules you'd know that anyone unable to podium for 3 rounds is able to seek concessions...it's not specific to any teams except those not making the podium.

And weighing drivers is done in F1 all the time, easy enough. The process is known and proven.

Never seen a Honda skip passed 2 bikes on the straight like AB on the Duc.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Alex honda consistently have highest trap speeds down the straits . But thats fine . NO manufacturer should be penalized for going too fast . The whole point for a manufacture /in racing is to go as fast as possible . If the japanese/german engineering is to weak and they can not build a competitive bike ... tough.. Get better engineers , build better bikes .. Manufacture/riders should win on the race track not in a courtroom

F1 teams have budgets of 500 million dollars lets not try and follow ALL there rules . Would drive costs 10 fold . I see your point of weight balancing but still a big pain in the arse .

The concession rules are ...if a manufacture has not got a podium in ONE SEASON/year the get concessions . NOT 3 races !! thats ridiculous . Theres 3 races every weekend , Honda would be getting concessions after every race weekend ... Think about it .

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Alex btw Honda/Bmw are not getting concessions . Concessions is allowing a team/manufacture more testing time .

Honda/BMW have been given permission to modify there frame . Something all the manufacturers are NOT allowed to do ... It is not fair .

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
No , ? Where are you hearing this ? Dorna is only letting Honda / bmw to modify frame . Also concessions only after off the podium for 1 year . Narrators have been stating this for 2-3 years now . Alex dont you have a motogp.com /wsbk subscription ? ....I am a tech guy love race engineering . Could care less where a bike is built and i own all brands except benelli =junk. So I dont beleive in any unfair rules /restrictions /penalties ttl8tr off to sleep

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Holy sh*t Stoprak!!!! A second clear of next guy. Guess the tight lines aren't bothering him…
Toprak is riding 110% .He should be in Motogp . Topraks manager just wont put Toprak on yamahas Motogp bike because Yamahas Motogp engine program is So screwed up .

When will Dorna admit they made a mistake with the rpm limits And/Or lift Kawasakis ... too fast.. penalty ?

Its a bit ridiculous that the stock zx10RR has a higher rpm limit than the wsbk? ... FYI... Same situation for all manufacturers except honda .( i was told honda had rpm upped again)

How long before Kawasaki packs there bags and leaves wsbk ? Aprilia did for the same reasons .

·
Registered
835 Posts
Great race 1! Toprak jumped ahead and never looked back. Riding the wheels off of that R1M. BMW another abysmal showing....VDM crashed out of a decent position and Redding...wth??? What's happened?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ducati wins the 2022 WSBK title . Next comes the japanese manufacture fanboys pissing , moaning and making excuses .

I will never understand why people care where a bike is made as long as its a good , well made bike.

421 - 440 of 457 Posts