BMW S1000RR Forum banner
401 - 420 of 457 Posts

·
7,486 Posts
BMW's top riders crashed again. Hope they figure it out, Redding looked hurt.

Baut walked away easy with 2 Ducatis behind him holding off Rea & Toprak. He said in interview he won't repeat 2019 lol.
So many passes, WSBK is more thrilling than MotoGP.

Reactions: SRod321

·
7,486 Posts
Toprak won race 1, what a pass on Rea. Timed his pass well to avoid giving time to Baut to catch up.
Baut made great progress from 8th to 2nd, can only pass Rea on the straight.
Fun battle for 4th between Kawi & Duacti.

Redding crashes again WTF.
Cagne from AMA in 19th place, I thought he would do better.
Garret drops fast in races, qualifies well. But I agree with GRT, he is not good enough for WSBK.

·
7,486 Posts
Toprak won superpole.
Baut won race 2. Some sweet passes among the top 3.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Great race weekend, was really hoping to see Toprak pull out the triple crown! Superpole race 2 and SBK Race 2 were quite the scraps. Toprak, man....an absolute beast on the brakes. I thought he was gonna take race 2 as well but that ducati...sheesh...

Reactions: z00

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
822 Posts
Great race weekend, was really hoping to see Toprak pull out the triple crown! Superpole race 2 and SBK Race 2 were quite the scraps. Toprak, man....an absolute beast on the brakes. I thought he was gonna take race 2 as well but that ducati...sheesh...
Yeah, that ducati on the front straight looks like it is on steroids.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Well, it is racing . Every manufacturer is supposed to make there bikes as fast as possible . The Honda is even faster than the Ducati , it just cant turn/handle worth a dam . Honda just cant seem to make a good handling bike be it wsbk or motogp.

That being said .. NEWS. Honda is wanting special treatment from dorna in wsbk( nothing new there ) Honda is crying unfair (again nothing new) stating that the stock honda cbr 1000rr street bike was designed for bridgestone tires and wsbk uses Pirelli tires and this is why the bike cant handle (bullshite) SO honda is asking that they are allowed to redesign there chassis like is done in motogp.

FYI Yamaha R1 and Kawasaki ZX10RR stock bikes come with Bridgestone tires . There bikes handle well on Pirelli tires . Why does only honda get to modify there chassis ?
This is why i dislike hondas business practices and say honda has TOO much influence with Dorna . in comparison Kawasaki has the oldest engine design, the slowest bike yet cant get the ...too fast of a bike penalty lifted .

·
Registered
608 Posts
3rd to 5th is where the Duc really pulls, engine, gearing, 40kg jockey, whatever the reasons it's very depressing impressive. What I think is a massive contributor is the way AB19 had his front wheel planted coming up the hill onto the front straight. I can tell you from having lapped it many times myself that A) the front wants to lift B) keeping it down slows you down. I think their secret is anti-wheelie. They are getting up over that rise (4th to 5th) and not having to back off at all. I don't think it's all electronics either. I suspect Alvaro runs a nose heavy bike to help him get weight on the front in normal corners and provide additional anti wheelie. Just a guess.

WRT to the frame changes being allowed - they are in conjunction with Pirelli and both Honda and BMW are being allowed changes, because they are too restricted by the rules to allow their road bikes to get into the right window for using the Pirelli tyres. BMW and Honda shouldn't have to build a road bike centred around Pirelli tyres. They should have enough adjustment in the rules to get in that window.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Zoo kawasaki and yamaha also come stock with bridgestone tires. Why should honda/bmw get special treatment? Allowing them frame modification is a huge advantage . I can see allowing frame modification but dorna should be fair and allow all manufacturers the same opportunity .

Kawasaki must be furious . They again got shot down this year when they asked for the ...too fast..penalty be revoked .

·
7,486 Posts
All frame & engine WSBK modifications restrictions are the same for all manufacturers.
Subframe, susp, geometry can be modified. What am I missing about special treatment?

Engine RPM limit exists based on power in certain gears from production bikes power ratios. This is not motoGP.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
zoo , in WSBK adding to a frame is allowed , but you cannot lessen a frame for flex and rake/trail cannot be altered .In a eurosport interview a dorna official said they are approving hondas petition for modifying rake/trail and frame stiffness . Honda claims its unfair that there stock bike comes with bridgestones and wsbk runs Pirelli . BMW didnt petition dorna they just gave them the advantage to help them to be competitive ( dorna official stated) Honda always cries unfair blambes tires , conspiracy (remember mandileka bullshite saying michlin gave honda 4 year old tires from a warehouse=complete lie) Honda expects special treatment (and get it ) because they give dorna/fim so much money .
I have nothing against honda racing , i dislike honda pushing dorna to change rules, try to hinder/ ban others tech innovation because there engineering is weak . Win on the track not the court room .

·
7,486 Posts
I have WSBK subscription, I cannot find any references for Honda & BMW frame modifications.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have wsbk/motogp subscription also and also questioned news. I googled ,found the honda petition on mat oxleys site motorsport? But irish podcast buddy sent me the eurosprot interview via whats app.
Zoo its nothing new, honda has always blamed others for there weakness and wanting special treatment from dorna ..

Dorna has made good decisions , like the single tire manufacturer rule . But when dorna makes a bad decision like ZERO track testing for engineering/developement , or kawasakis ..too fast penalties. Dorna never rescinds mistakes.... When dorna announced the new sprint raves next year they stated that dorna NEVER have made a mistake in the history of the company. Thats a huge ego , we ALL make mistakes .

·
7,486 Posts
Toprak crashed passing Baut. Not as fun of a race without him battling up front.
Bassani helping Baut.
Baut won by 2sec.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Basani was not helping Bautista !! Zoo you have your Japanese manufacture/ delirious fanboy/Ducati hater goggles on again . Dont be ridiculous . Jesus, Next you will want Ducati to get a penalty for being too good/too fast Or is it a conspiracy like you said the reason the Euro bikes always beat the japanese bikes in all the comparisons for the past 15 years strait is because all the testers are bribed .

Seriously ... Toprak is the fastest rider in wsbk but he got Passed by Bautista, tried to repass immediately by cutting under him , was in too hot and lost the front end . These things happen even to the best riders . Bautista now leading WSBK riders championship by 81 points !! over Toprak . Rea is only 7 points behind Toprak but i doubt Rea can surpass Toprak as the Kawasaki ZX10RR is visibly slower than the Yamaha R1

Ps ... In case Dorna watches the site . Please rescind the ...too fast.. Penalties (2 of them ) you gave to Kawasaki . Even the announcers stated Kawasaki ZX10RR are now the SLOWEST bike in WSBK and the oldest engine design in WSBK. (Kawasaki ZX10RR is the only bike still using long stroke combustion chambers )

401 - 420 of 457 Posts