BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
WSBK site charges 69 euros a year no commercials ,its live and recorded.You can also hook up to television . I love my set up, no more going from one tv cable service to another to get coverage .

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
WSBK site charges 69 euros a year no commercials ,its live and recorded.You can also hook up to television . I love my set up, no more going from one tv cable service to another to get coverage .
Same here, can watch on laptop / PC / android / whatever

·
Registered
570 Posts
Ducati is convinced they can win with Bautista after Redding left. I'm inclined to agree remembering how Bautista rode the V4 last time he was with ducati in 2019. He was giving Rea a legit run for his money for a few races until they applied an rpm penalty to them because the V4s were too fast.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Good call Srod everyones forgetting about Bautista. As long as the FIM doesnt hit Ducati with another ridiculous ..too fast.. for racing penalty I can see Bautista winning races and fighting for the title . I still think Toprak will take title again because unlike MotoGP where Quartararo won the title not the bike , in wsbk toprak has a good package all around AND he is phenominal rider.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
WSS should actually be close exciting racing this year with the new format . MV hired Sofoglu as team mate to Tuuli for2022. Being the MV F3 was the best handling bike in WSS 600 (Not that the R6 was a bad handler= it was also good just not as good ) The new F3 800RR will be hardto beat with power and handling now .

Same can be said for the Triumph 765. Now the sweet handling daytona 675 will have power to match.

The Ducati V2 955 will most likely have the most power but it will need all of it as the ducati monoque chassis takes more effort to turn .

·
Registered
267 Posts
WSS should actually be close exciting racing this year with the new format . MV hired Sofoglu as team mate to Tuuli for2022. Being the MV F3 was the best handling bike in WSS 600 (Not that the R6 was a bad handler= it was also good just not as good ) The new F3 800RR will be hardto beat with power and handling now .

Same can be said for the Triumph 765. Now the sweet handling daytona 675 will have power to match.

The Ducati V2 955 will most likely have the most power but it will need all of it as the ducati monoque chassis takes more effort to turn .
I am not sure that V1 of the format is going to give close racing. Its going to need iteration.

It will make it interesting instead of a sudo R6 Cup

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi Alex how so? Do you think the ducati V2 will be dominant?

Btw has anyone heard anymore about yamahas rumored R9 triple ? Yamaha can afford to make a destroked 800cc homologation special....Better for sales than running the r6 which they do not sell anymore .

I know the yamaha r9 triples engine and chassis is low tech compared to the MV F3RR and Triumph 765 but yamahas race dept is Huge in comparison to MV and triumph .

Btw The new KTM R8c parallel twin is also eligible to run in new WSS . But it would be down on power by a good margin .

·
Registered
267 Posts
My gut reaction is that a reliable F3 800 would win. But it depends how the balance of power is applied.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Alex MV Agustas are reliable .When MV first restarted company in 1995 the first model they put out F4 750 had electrical problems and MV STILL is catching hell for it .Same with Ducati people still give them hell for niggling electric problems 20 years ago.

one thing te japanese are WAY better than euro manufacturers is when the japanese make a lemon =2015-2016 yamaha r1 blew 10,000+ engines 2020 cbr 1000rrr ALL bad con rods ect ect ...The japanese JUMP on the problem and fix immediately .2020-2021 r1 2nd gear shift forks (in transmission=big job) recalled . No one remembers because they fixed ASAP. . in contrast it took forever just to get calipers swapped on our 2020 bmw s1000rr

Most of all...first impressions ... Once people have it in tere heads somethings good or bad , its that way forever . The new Honda cbr 1000rrr has been a oroblem chid from the start and you dont hear people calling it a lemon/unreliable because there cb360t ect in 1976 was bullet proof .

I was a mechanic when young man for awhile so i judge manufacturers/models on how good they are right NOW.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
MV Agusta's are the biggest sh1t heaps to have ever been created on 2 wheels. Worse than Ducati. They are absolute dung boxes. Wouldn't even piss on them if they were on fire.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The F3 675 has dropped out of so many races with mechanical issues. The 800 may well be as bad.

I still think the R6 will be hard to beat as its a known quantity and highly refined.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Your goofy , tuuli crashed countless times , ran out of gas 2 times they did have a loss of 3rd gear 1 time but no engine faiures ? the F3675 has had a good mechanical record . Not as good as the triumph 765, but that bike/ engine is ridiculously reliable . I think te triumph 765 has had 1 engine failure in 4 years in moto2 and the entire field is running same engine .

21 - 40 of 56 Posts