BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
301 - 320 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yamaha Racing com Toprak=68kg 68 X 2.2 = 149.6 lbs Zoo is Yamaha lying/wrong ? No you are wrong yet again . Zoo we all make mistakes but man up and admit to it at least jesus

btw by alex figures Redding 174 bautista 132 174-132= 42 lbs point is he is at a weight disadvantage (not his fault) as extra weight does effect tire wear in a bad way .

·
9,266 Posts
Roehr, you said Redding was 40lbs heavier than the rest, he is not, enough arguing and pulling data out of your a**.
Weights of racers are reported differently on sites depending on when they were signed. Stoprak is not 149lbs.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Zoo i got he info for toprak off of yamaha racing and the redding weight from gpone .. i am tired of correcting your bias know it all lying bullshite. You can talk tough on the internet but wouldnt dare do so in person so man up and shut up . Just like other red neck hay seeds all mouth no balls .

Sorry other members not in the mood for zoos bs today .

·
Registered
762 Posts
FYI since no racing action .... If your looking to get Stompgrip tank protectors ect , the ...Icon.. pattern not only looks much better but is much more grippy than the normal ..tits .. type
Agreed, I have the regular ones on my S1KRR and my buddy put the icon pattern ones on his V2... looks better and feels a little better too imo.
Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Fuel tank

Reactions: Loki66

·
Registered
116 Posts
The changes made to Redding’s bike have definitely given him more feel and confidence, hopefully this will translate to a good superpole time, giving a good starting position for the races. Rea said they used the same tyre 🛞 in Fp2 as Fp1, safe to assume he will be battling at the front. Rinaldi seems to have a good pace at Most along with Bautista. Toprak usual exciting to watch with rear in the air at every opportunity. Lowes ,Gerloff Baz also not far away. Going to be good racing 👍

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The narrators spoke on how Heavy/big Redding is and how the fact that Sykes also being Heavy/big helped BMW set up the M1000RR for Redding . Now that the M1000rr has found competitive speed/lap times hopefully the tires will hold up to the extra weight and not go off as early as in the last race killing Reddings chance for victory or podium .

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Alex what should they talk about how redding parts his hair? im sure pillow biters would like to know that info but not your average race fan lol. High weight effects tire wear . Tire wear makes it harder to finish a race without slowing /crashing and winning/placing well . It is a small mans sport .

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Rea makes big jump and tops Superpole toprak 2nd Redding 6th? Redding also came out late ? No reason stated . Also much of Czech circut ..brand new asphalt =very tough on tires so Pirelli came out with new hard compound SCO tire . Rain expected so all up in the air for races

·
9,266 Posts
Redding is in his element, good fight for 2nd & 3rd. Hopefully BMW had solved its issues, we can see improvements in new S1k models.
Crazy for Rea to be pole holder & finish 4th.

Bautista maximizing Rea/Stoprak dueling it out & slight rain. Most of his passes on the straights & corner exits.

Reactions: SRod321 and Loki66

·
9,266 Posts
Stoprak won superpole & race 2. Some amazing passes.
Baut did a good job catching up after missing T1.
Rea is struggling.
Redding 4th place, good progress, but still lots of work needed to win.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Being Rea is a little guy i can say it was due to the fact he was riding SO hard . No one was turning/ going through corners as hard or as fast as Rea .He went into 1 corner so much faster than toprack Rea hit topraks rear tire . I heard the Narrator say 1 of the top 4 was running a different rear tire . Rea was in the midst of making an incredible pass on Toprak in a very right section of the track so i didnt catch which rider was using the different rear tire .

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Zoo the BMW M1000RR has made a big jump forward and is now good enough to podium/win Now the Honda CBR 1000RRR needs Alot of work/new chassis to just podium .It definitely is now the worse bike in WSBK Lecuono might just be as good as toprak/Rea but he stuck on the honda which needs front/rear grip/feel and it even blew engine in 2nd race . Would love to see what the kid could do on another brand.
Zoo Rea got pole position . How is he ...struggling ??.. Yes the Kawasaki needs a bit more power as he needs a draft to pass Toprak butRea is cornering better than anyone and he is still a contender to win any race or the title.

·
9,266 Posts
Honda RRR needs most work on grid, BMW made much better progress. I left Honda out, there is nothing to comment on, no progress.
Rea struggling to win lately, the last time he won was in May. Any of the top 3 has the potential to win the title, we are only half way through the season.

301 - 320 of 351 Posts