BMW S1000RR Forum banner
221 - 240 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
I retract my previous statement about BMW starting to figure it out. There are some SERIOUS grip issues smh...

Reactions: goffred

·
9,189 Posts
BMW has a serious design flaw, without a new bike, they will continue to struggle.

Reactions: SRod321

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Zoo Ducati has won 13 world superbike titles ... Suzuki has only won 1????

All this talk about how good Suzuki is how good the inline 4 engine is and Suzuki has only won 1 championship with troy corser who was the best rider on the track by far.

Jesus no wonder Suzuki doesnt compete in wsbk .... the Suzuki gsxr is an inferior race bike at WSBK level . Suzuki wins 1 title in 30 years (Suzuki left wsbk in 2018)

The MV Agusta F4RR was a stronger package in wsbk and its engine design was literally 20+ years old . I remember the 1st year Aragon hosted a WSBK race. Then they used the VERY long strait The MV F4 passed the Suzuki GSXR 1000RR then the Suzuki gsxr1000rr blew engine 100-200ft later on the strait .

Leon Camier was the best set up rider on the planet . Tuned the MV F4RR chassis so well it was best handling bike on the grid and MV got 3rd best power out of that 20+ year old engine design (hemi heads) had more power than the new R1 (at the time ) honda cbr1000rr and the Suzuki gsxr 1000rr .

·
Registered
727 Posts
Race 1.....what.....a.....race! Wow! The battles for 1st were incredible. Man, Toprak is just sooooo good on the brakes, braking late, braking aggressively. Couple of times he came in almost sideways and still was able to stop it upright. Rea did a helluva a job taking the fight to Toprak. Alvaro Bautista....talk about gutsy riding. Consistent. Cut a 2 second deficit from the top 2 and won in on the straight away. You could see him nodding his head, he KNEW the moment he saw Toprak's front come up even a tiny bit, that he had the drive coming out and the power to take it on the straight. Honda ran well, Redding did okay until the last 5 laps. I dunno what the heck happened after that, first both the hondas passed him, then Alex Lowes passed him. Did he make a mistake? Locatelli did a good job holding AB as long as he did. I think that's really the only reason Rea and Raz were able to go back and forth for 1st as long as they did. MAN! Can't wait for tomorrow's race 2!

·
9,189 Posts
Race 1 was great, battles between Stoprak and Rea are benefiting Bautista the most. Crazy how many times they made contact, Rea made a big mistake that cost him 2nd place.
Terrible highside for GG.
Honda is doing better.
Redding was good till his pace dropped, seems to have lost rear grip. BMW has some work to do, but it's making progress from the last time.
Locatli rode one hell of a race.

·
9,189 Posts
In one of FP sessions commentator said M1k has updated wheels, vents, bodywork, etc...

·
9,189 Posts
Race 2 was crazy, Rea did a great job. Stoprak did a Marc save that cost him the win but managed to stay on the podium. He needs to join MotoGP Honda factory not Yamaha for a bike that suits his style better.

Bautista continues to capitalize passing on straights & from Stoprak & Rea close battles.

Most of BMW riders crashed, which is unfortunate.
Redding making progress, but still not enough.
Lec on Honda is making great progress staying in Top 5. Honda top speed as good as Ducati.
Alex Lowes had a great pace glued to top 3.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Zoo the Honda 213v is the worst handling bike in MotoGP . Its Not a ...STYLE...?? Its so bad Not even Marquez skills are pulling it out of the fire . Honda didnt fix the last model rcv213 in 8 years .Have much more faith in Yamaha making a competitive bike .
Lets not waste anouther great riding talent like Toprak on the crap handling Honda .It actually seems to be getting worse instead of better?? Unfortunately Mir will get chewed up by the honda next year just like Pol did this year .

Rea is riding better than he ever has and the Kawasaki has taken a step forward power wise to match the Yamaha . The ducati has the most power but needs it as the monoque chassis just seems to be a bit behind the traditional aluminum twin spar unit in its very nature . Also Bautista riding smarter not going win it or bin it .
So... tremendous racing .

Z00 the Honda cbr 1000rrr is even faster than the Ducati Panagale v4r . But the Ducati is a much better handling bike than the honda .
Check out Lecuonas counter steering/ front tire position . Very radical/squaring lines . Kid is so fast

·
Registered
727 Posts
Holy crap superpole and race 2! Incredible! That V4 just has so much straight line power it's not even fair hahaha! What a save by Toprak, and then to immediately strike back and lunge at Rea the way he did! Gutsy move kid! Wow, it was awesome to watch!! That Rea overtake for the win! Was I the only one yelling out loud "HOLY S%#T!" when Rea exited the last corner sideways?? Epic race! Probably the best of the season so far! Iker Lecuona is riding the hell out of that Honda. It's fast, HE'S fast. I hate to be a Debbie downer but I wouldn't be surprised if FIM starts to hand out RPM penalties to ducati and kawasaki ala 2018 when the V4 first debuted. That seems to be the norm in WSBK, if you're fast, we gotta slow you down smh...i hope it doesn't happen, but wouldn't be surprised if/when it does.

Reactions: Loki66

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Srod the honda cbr 1000rrr is the fastest on the straits and dorna /fim never penalizes honda . Kawasaki got penalized for speed / Ducati penalized for speed ... Honda never . Especially since they upped the honda WSBK budget .Honda would be poed. ..Source announcer

·
Registered
727 Posts
Is it a cooling issue or a grip issue? Both?? Electronics? Too many issues with BMW right now(like always smh)

·
Registered
437 Posts
The engine's have been overheating hence the new cooling solution this week, the grip isn't there (weight/geometry), they are making data based decisions on what to do next instead of listening to the rider, Scott's confirmed that the BMW effort pales in comparison to the Ducati one from a personnel perspective at the factory and yup those electronics...

·
Registered
103 Posts
From what the commentators say it still sounds like Scott is struggling to find a good base setting and suffering front tyre issues later in the races. Also as said in above posts still not got electronics sorted. Not sure if other BMW riders have the same issues. Scott looks good hanging off the bike. Baz frustrated that not challenging for podium at least ( think I saw on crash). Hopefully get sorted gradually for next year. Best racing between top 3 in years. Rinaldi is really under performing on that V4r.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's like the old 'aliens' club at the front of MotoGP. The sparring on the real limit is amazing. The team mates of the top 3 are all underperforming, the odd flash in the pan not withstanding.

I think Scott is finally comfortable after the test at Portimao but the geometry/weight issue is why they are burning out the front. Baz has the confirmed same issue.

I will be very interested to see the next bike and how the geometry changes...I bet that shock moves and the wheelbase/geo changes.

·
9,189 Posts
I doubt it's just a geometry issue, all data/results are pointing to a more serious design issue in frame.
It's the 2nd year since M1k is released, if it were just a geo issue BMW would have fixed it by now.

Reactions: SRod321
221 - 240 of 270 Posts