BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Basically what he said was these bikes are way above his skill level, to truly extract 100% of their performance, only a competent racer would be able to do so. So does this mean we've reached the pinacle of the sport and technology for these bikes? The prices are insane also, how can younger folk even get their hands on a new one, even a base model? Being old enough, I could probably afford one, but I hoestly can't justify spending that much, not to mention the insurance.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Basically what he said was these bikes are way above his skill level, to truly extract 100% of their performance, only a competent racer would be able to do so. So does this mean we've reached the pinacle of the sport and technology for these bikes? The prices are insane also, how can younger folk even get their hands on a new one, even a base model? Being old enough, I could probably afford one, but I hoestly can't justify spending that much, not to mention the insurance.
Through buying it used when it's not the latest and greatest. There are still plenty of older lower tech bikes that are more than enough for any young casual rider. My 04 ZX-10R will still get many riders in trouble if they don't have the skills to handle a high performance motorcycle.

·
Registered
29 Posts

My personal opinion is buy the bike you enjoy the most. I have 0 track days on mine and wouldn't trade it for any other bike. The bike is beyond the skills I will ever develop or expect too but I'll never have to question that piece. Maybe the pinnacle for technology will be a front and rear electric powered super bike. You'd keep the front wheel down and at the point the focus is keeping both tires from breaking loose.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
548 Posts
In my humble opinion, Get what ya pay for. if it's cost prohibitive for some, maybe that's OK. Maybe those that can afford it will not treat it like a clapped out gixxr. And squid missile it everywhere.

·
Registered
171 Posts
In reality, any supersport/superbike made over the past couple of decades can be used as a "squid" missile. Even those that were once too expensive for the typical squid can be purchased used now for dirt cheap.

We're seeing that over in the Bimmerpost forums around. Cars that were once in the high 5 figures are can now be had for low 5 figures and even 4 figures allowing the ricer type crowd to "represent" with their buds.

·
9,189 Posts
2022 V4 Ducati is winning WSBK & superbike shootouts. Maybe it is THE Ducati to own.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
548 Posts
Friend of mine just ordered a Streetfighter V4S, I can't wait to loop it.
Buddy of mine just got a 22 v4S sf that thing is FAST.... LIKE REALLY FAST...

Oh yeah it also comes with a check engine light on right from the dealer!!! Such a cool feature!!! It's so cool that they cleared the code told him it was some 'valve that would right itself' and being so damn cool the light came right back on.
Has had the thing 3 weeks, one ride, and it's spent two of those weeks at the dealer.

No Ducati for me. I will admire from a far... I was also of the local Ducati club, that went tits up too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yesterday got caught in a busy part of town so was hitting stop and go traffic lights. I spend a ton of time outdoors and in the sun and definitely good tolerances for heat. The inner part of my leg had some red on it after riding from my bike it was HOT. I can't even imagine being on a Ducati (beautiful bikes and shopped them hard) for riding in my area when we're seeing 110 heat index. I ride mine for hours at time for fun and I'm grateful not to have to wear leathers or have to decide when to ride because of the heat.

·
Registered
171 Posts
When I had my 848, there were times I had to literally pull over and shut the bike off due to the coolant temp getting too high. The temp gauge was flashing at the time to warn me to either shut off the engine or it'll do it for me soon. This was when I was stuck in stop and go traffic. Trying to remember if my ZX-10R have had those episodes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh yeah it also comes with a check engine light on right from the dealer!!! Such a cool feature!!! It's so cool that they cleared the code told him it was some 'valve that would right itself' and being so damn cool the light came right back on.
Has had the thing 3 weeks, one ride, and it's spent two of those weeks at the dealer.
What did you expect, VW makes it. Their cars all have the same 'feature'. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts