BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 S1000rr
117 Posts
Welcome aboard. Ride safe up there. People are animals on the road near Bob's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome and she's a beauty. I'm down the road in VA. I had my 2020RR "Brentuned" at RNR cycles in Sterling and Rick is a master mechanic. I have no/no connection to RNR just a very happy customer.... If you can go right to Stage 2 rather than the half step of Stage one. I did Stage one first and that was fine but Stage 2 is insane. It's a whole new bike.

Here's mine. Went a little stir crazy during covid and "carbonized" her as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 BMW S1000RR M Package
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome and she's a beauty. I'm down the road in VA. I had my 2020RR "Brentuned" at RNR cycles in Sterling and Rick is a master mechanic. I have no/no connection to RNR just a very happy customer.... If you can go right to Stage 2 rather than the half step of Stage one. I did Stage one first and that was fine but Stage 2 is insane. It's a whole new bike.

Here's mine. Went a little stir crazy during covid and "carbonized" her as well.
Love the carbon fairings! I was leaning towards a Brentune and had a few questions to ask but saw his account was banned. Ive seen and heard good things about the tune. Just want to check compatibility with the 2022.

I just had my break in service and the flat spot is almost unbearable lol. Feels like I'm waiting for my turbo to spool.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure why his account would be banned. RNR Cycles is a quality shop and Rick Beggs is a master BMW mechanic. When my local dealer scrammed my TFT after a bad SW patch from Germany. He trouble-shot the bike for them. He did my stage one and stage two and I was very pleased with his work. Worst case you go with someone else but from all I've heard Brentune is the go to tune. There are some other great guys on this forum. A guy who goes by BMW_388 out of Texas I believe, gets very high marks also. Good luck.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You can contact BT directly. There's also an option to do the flash tune yourself by purchasing the handheld tuner. I've seen some previous discussions where BT said 2022 bikes are not a problem in regards to the ECU being locked.

An alternative is to use the optional factory tune which bumps torque in the affected flat spot range at the expense of top end HP. I got to try this optional factory tune on the track as CSS has their fleet of bikes flashed to this optional tune. I don't really have any complaints after 4 straight days on the track. Ezra Beaubier MotoAmerica pro racer was on track with us all 4 days. He was using one of CSS' fleet bikes all 4 days. He had no problems clicking off a 1:32 lap time at VIR on a bone stock 2022 RR with the optional factory tune.

Me personally, I'm deciding between the optional factory tune or going with the BT Stage 1. My bike will only see street use so I don't need to wring out every ounce of HP out of the motor.

Oh one more thing. BT is in the process of getting their tune (not sure if it's just the Stage 1) to be emissions legal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts