BMW S1000RR Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1017 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
What an unfortunate example of how chaotic things can be in the opening laps. At least it hasn't put anyone out of action for this sequential run of races. I wonder if this will motivate Fabio to actually wear an extra layer between him and the asphalt?
I wasn't clear if it was from the main crash or the scooter crash on the way back to the pits (i.e. with leathers open)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Hi Alex, darkhorse . I read the road rash was from scooter crash .

As far as Marquez , I am a Marquez fan but he needs to get a penalty as he only dive bombs corner 1 , pulls tows in qualifying ect ect because he knows he will not get any penalty . with all the over aggressive riding he has done over the years he has NEVER gotten a single penalty .

·
Registered
562 Posts
As far as Marquez , I am a Marquez fan but he needs to get a penalty as he only dive bombs corner 1 , pulls tows in qualifying ect ect because he knows he will not get any penalty . with all the over aggressive riding he has done over the years he has NEVER gotten a single penalty .
No one in the paddock agrees. But I guess you're more qualified than them to decide.

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
I am sure Rossi got a back of the grid penalty for the start of the final race at Valencia in 2015??
Yes, there was the ocassional penalty. But Rossi continually got away with most everything he did, not matter how egregious. And his fans backed him, no matter what.

I raised specific examples in the past and this board blew up with apologists.

·
9,309 Posts
MM is a beast, especaily in the rain. Fabio & Pecco are in for trouble.
Maverick qualifies well, but does not deliver in races, hopefully he can put in a fight.

Reactions: SRod321

·
Registered
817 Posts
Agreed @Amok
I think it would a GREAT comeback if he wins it next season. Right now I'm just hoping he keeps improving and that Honda FINALLY fixes the damn bike although I doubt they will...

Reactions: Amok

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
As soon as Pecco did a last minet tire change on what turned out to be a ..survival .. track due to conditions (rubber was washed away) . i knew he was screwed .
Ducati/Michlin should just pick Peccos tires . This is the 5th time Peccos last minet tire change has fouled up his race . Not to mention Pecco trying to make up 3/4 of a second on last lap on a track that just had all the rubber washed off .
This is why i still picked Fabio for title even when lead down to 10 points ,. He is so consistent /fastand knows when to take the safe points .

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Alex ...bullshite . Many people in the paddock have been calling for Marquez to be penalized for years about his riding tactics . Im a FAN of Marquez not a FANBOY of Marquez . This incident and Quaterarro/Espargro are ..both .. racing incidents and imo neither should have gotten a penalty . But if Dorna is penalizing the outcomes instead of if its a racing incident then ...both should be penalized . BTW most people have said marquez should be penalized for his actions . i must have read 100 posts of people saying marquez riding is too aggressive .. Not last lap or 2 for a win but beggining of races he should calm down . Marquez is the fastest rider ever he would make the pass anyway later on . (maybe not now the honda is still the worst bike in motogp = Alex are you going to argue that point also?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Alex piss off , if you cant comprehend the situation do not comment . Rules are supposed to be the same for everyone . I do not give any rider or manufacturer preferential treatment . Its racing not a popularity contest .

·
Registered
562 Posts
Alex piss off , if you cant comprehend the situation do not comment . Rules are supposed to be the same for everyone . I do not give any rider or manufacturer preferential treatment . Its racing not a popularity contest .
Now now, temper temper.

I fully comprehend that no one criticised MM93 for being infront of FB when he lost the rear. Or him for not being able to overcome the unexpected forces of a piece of Fabios bike being wedged in the swing arm.

What you are doing is deciding someone is guilty due to past behaviour which is not how this works.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #979 ·
My opinion. MM93 lost traction on the rear. He shut the throttle. Fabio was up his backside and had no where to go. Racing incident. If a rider is going to high side, of course they are going to shut the throttle. Unfortunate when everyone is bunched up like that.

Next incident with Taka. MM93 has a piece of Fab's bike in there and it jams up causing him to go sideways and Taka running into him with no where to go. Again, a result of the first incident. Unfortunate, racing incident.

Moving a long to today. MM93 gets 4th. The man is amazing.

961 - 980 of 1017 Posts