BMW S1000RR Forum banner
941 - 960 of 1017 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
What I read was that Fabio came in hot, hit MM lodging a piece of his fairing in MM's rear as he was using his ride height device, then Nakagami hit MM in the rear.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Just watched it on you tube(the incident), article on crash.net says MM had a slide, I didn't see it but apparently he slid a little catching Quatararo by surprise, resulting in contact. Coming out of turn 3 it looks like MM was push out trying to hold his position causing him to wobble leading to nakagami hitting him and crashing...wtf???

Reactions: defranks17

·
9,309 Posts
MM was a bit wide in T5, too much throttle, rear spun, Fabio was too close, did not expect it, crashed into MM's rear, and went down.
Then MM's rear height device would not engage, caused MM to go wide, hit Nakagami who went down. Marc was out for 4 months, comes in for a lap, messes it up for everyone, gets out lol. Honda's new plan.

Battle between Pecco & Basti was great. His pass was unbelievable, I rode Aragon, passing in that turn requires precise planning.
Happy for Aprilia on another podium.
Fabio is in a tight place now. Title fight is closer than ever.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah, i missed the race, was flying to Ft Hood. I had to catch the highlights/drama on YouTube. Fabio's got quite the battle ahead of him if he wants to keep the title.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Ducati wins 3rd Constructors title in a a row .. i know 8 bikes but that was a huge mistake Ducati would have won with 2 bikes .. Superior engineering, best bikes in motogp . Aprilia 2nd , Yamaha 3rd , KTM 4th Suzuki 5th (Suzuki has NEVER won a constructors title in motogp= inferior engineering . ..Honda DEAD LAST lol

If the japanese didnt spend WAY more that euro manufacturers to get the very best riders the would be back markers..

Zoo ... remember in the beginning of the season (after COTA) you swore Suzuki was going to win the riders championship AND the Constructors title ???? Your fanboy goggles are on the fritz lolol

·
9,309 Posts
Constructors title lol. Let's talk when Ducati wins a rider's title. But this year they may have a chance.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Riders have won the riders title for the last decade .. Stoner, Marquez , fabio all best riders but the bikes either the worst bike in motogp or the second worst bike in fabios case .

fans look at the riders title , manufacturers biggest prize is the constructors title .. Bragging rights to who makes the best bikes . Who has the superior engineering departments .

This is where i do have bias as i love engineering .. Best engineering = best bikes . i could care less where they come from though .

·
9,309 Posts
^ You are making subjective claims, watch Ducati interview at start of the season, their big boss said riders title is something we are doing everything we can to win.
No need to keep repeating the same $hit. Sure Ducati may have the best bike, but if it's not winning rider's title, it does not matter. With 8 bikes on grid, it better win constructors title, just simple stats.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
To you and when did .. big boss.. make this statement ? Sounds like something a red neck with a GED education would say . Gigi caught so much flack for running 8 bikes because with engineers having .. no actual track testing allowed they had Too much work and too little time to get it done . Took 5 races before bikes got sorted out . Speculation it was for mule engine development for Audi f1 run in 2025 . Only thing that made any sense . Ducati won the other 2 constructors title with 4 bikes just like everyone else . Zoo your just a pouting Japanese manufacture fanboy . Especially now that your beloved Suzuki is about to go out of business . Instead of bullshite go get a Euro bike they are the best Superbikes/bike on the market now .

And please do not post another article then lie about its content saying a motogp expert agrees with you . NONE of the expert Motogp experts agree with you . . Point is the japanese manufacturers are now inferior to the Euro manufacturers . Have been for Years . Japan pays riders the most to get the best riders because they cant compete in making best bikes .Marquez/ fabio being the fastest rider doesnt make japanese bikes any better ... Still inferior bikes

·
9,309 Posts
Inferior bikes that win rider titles is greater and more satisfying than superior bikes that lose rider titles. That means developing riding skills is more important than anything else.
There is nothing more satisfying than showing up to a Euro race track event event, gapping the hell out of everyone on an inferior bike. You need to experience that to know what I'm saying.

I have said it many times, but your memory fails you sometime, Ducati has best bike out there on street & MotoGP. It does not mean I have to like it.

Your business skills don't reflect market trends. When a manufacturer stops making a mass produced bike, its value goes up, not down. Look at R6 after Yamaha stopped its street production in 2020.
I have 2 2020 GSXRs 1000, their value keep going up. Not that Suzuki is gonna stop selling them in US, but they did in EU. Just like most Japanese manufacturers stopped producing bikes due to Euro5.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
My memory does not fail me . The topic was Ducati wins its 3rd consecutive ... Constructors ... title . You love japanese bikes and they are inferior . Without a riders title you wouldnt have anything to grasp onto as a comeback for living in the past .. I was poor when young . Rode absolute crap bikes,(1975 cb550) worn steering head bearings 70k miles racing for weekly paycheck against kids where dad bought them new Kawasaki gpz550 3 mile race all curves up to the valley forge towers and back down (a loop)

But,,, not talking 1980s , 1990s . NOW Euro bikes are better in all aspects .

Zoo a motorcycle is a depreciating asset , meaning its value goes down . Future problems of getting parts on a failed brand sends prices down even more .. GSXR 1000R area dime a dozen , nothing unique . Your bikes are losing value not gaining value ... Sell them for what you can , buy a new bike . Cant reccomend the stock market anymore and the government has already spent everyones savings . on welfare programs . and buying immigrant votes

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Sorry Amok , your correct .. Fyi 2023 Ducati will be back to 4 factory bikes . VR 46 going to stay witrh 2022 bikes, Aprilia also 4 factory , 2 yamaha factory 4 honda factry bikes 4 ktm factory bikes .

What does everyone think of Sprint races next year ? I think is great as motogp fan . How manufacturers are going to handle extra stress/ wear and tear with same engine allocation is going to be tricky lol

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR
82 Posts
What an unfortunate example of how chaotic things can be in the opening laps. At least it hasn't put anyone out of action for this sequential run of races. I wonder if this will motivate Fabio to actually wear an extra layer between him and the asphalt?

941 - 960 of 1017 Posts