BMW S1000RR Forum banner
921 - 940 of 1017 Posts

·
9,309 Posts
I think MM will be top 5 at Aragon, small chance being on the podium if tires & weather play in his favor. You can tell his right arm does not have enough strength on right turns, but this is his track.

Reactions: SRod321

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #928 ·
Honestly, if he finishes like top 5 or top 10. He's literally shat on everyone. Because if he won, everyone would be like well yeah its MM93 of course he is gonna win. If he finished like outside top 10, hes sh1t and washed up. He should retire. If he is top 5 or top 10 people will be either side. Hes sh1t cause he didn't win, he did a good job to finish top 5 or top 10. Can't please everyone. Honestly, I think there is no expectations. Just go out, don't fall off all weekend. Put in some laps. Come away healthy and with a reference on what you need to improve on and where you stack up against the rest of the field. I still think all things considered, he's gonna be top 10. Top 5 if it went super well, but more likely a 7th or 8th.

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR
82 Posts
As much as myself, and a lot of others just want the old Marc back, I just hope he finishes the weekend without injury and treats it like practice in preparation for the 2023 season. However, it would not surprise me in the slightest if once the lights go out he struggles to give anything less than %100.

·
9,309 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Marquez goes out riding hard in Fp1 while everyone else (except fabio) was doing set up (the norm in fp1) Marquez finishes 13th .Marquez a bit frustrated because honda is a pig .Marquez form/riding looked good . He didnt crash so its a success . I am Marquez fan . Fabio tries new chassis keeps running wide/off track??? finishes 9th? or 11th ?.
Also Fabio fan . Fabio won last year title/ this years races .. Not yamaha . V4 bike is 2024 model . The 2023 yamaha r1 inline 4 is a stop gap measure until v4 is finished

·
Registered
817 Posts
I wonder if the reason Marc DIDN'T crash is because it's a practice and the pressure to make overtakes and gain positions isn't there. I really hope he races conservatively and just focuses on prepping for next year

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Srod Marquez is riding great and at 110% . Reguardless of what hondas press statement is . How do i know this ? because for many years Marquez would tell his engineers .... If you see me riding at 60 Degree or greater lean angle you know there is a bad handling problem that im taking too many risks to ride around. So get on the problems asap .

KTM didnt do much in upgrades a Misano tests and yet the KTMs are STILL much better than the hondas .

Honda fanboys are sending me hate mail as we speak lololol.

FYI its looks to be that Fabios 1 fast trap speed at Misano was a case of very small aero package that cant be used in a race and engine pushed to MAX for trap speed to get good press . BUT the 2023 inline 4 is a stop gap measure as the V4 is coming out 2024 . (Engineers are not allowed ANY actual track testing so there hands are tied . Takes FOREVER . to get anything done since testing taken away .

921 - 940 of 1017 Posts