BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
821 - 840 of 861 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Asparagus? Buahahahahaha

Reactions: Loki66

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hey guys , Great you tube video from MotoGP MAC...Title ...MotoGP tech Why wheel rims are so important... Mac explains how rims are now one of the tools for setting up chassis for the amount of flex/ stiffness used .
MotoGP Mac and Simon Crafar have become the best expert MotoGP analysts on the net . No bullshite , calls a spade a spade no matter if its dorba, track judges ,Or any manufacturer..No nias or hating .
Keith Heuwen used to be good, but about 3 races into the season he has done a 180. Dorna can do no wrong ,track judges can do no wrong .And he seems very leery to speak his mind about a manufacturers weakness or if caught lying ect . Now he sounds like a politician .

ANYHOW check out MotoGP Mac video on you tube . Having the rims flex for more corner traction makes sense . I have just never heard of it before . I love tech as you know and learning new techniques in Race chassis design .

BTW MotoGP Mac doing his 1st podcasr today 7am est.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Big news ... President of Dorna said there will be no banning /curtailing of Aero . Good news for Manufacturers with Superior engineering departments , bad news for manufacturers with inferior engineering departments . He also stated dorna isnt looking at curbing top speed as falling at 300kph or 360kph is the same situation . Looking for bikes handling better .Hopefully Active suspension will be added to everyones ecu package .
Bad news ...Marquez doctor stated that there WILL be complications . He listed the complications and it sounded bad ..... Source ... Moto World you tube video...IT"D Be Suicidal..
Of course Honda / Puig is pushing for Marquez testing in September . Doctor says minimum Oct/Nov before he should be on a street bike just to see how he feels .

·
Registered
497 Posts
Whilst not a surprise, Dovi has confirmed he will not be seeking a new deal for '23.
Michelin ruined the twilight of his career with the change to an even grippier rear tyre, stopping him from spinning it to turn it, with the less powerful M1 it was exacerbated.
1x 125cc WC
2x 250cc Runner Up
3x MotoGP Runner Up
Not a bad career all told, we'd all wish to have had it so good...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Whilst not a surprise, Dovi has confirmed he will not be seeking a new deal for '23.
Michelin ruined the twilight of his career with the change to an even grippier rear tyre, stopping him from spinning it to turn it, with the less powerful M1 it was exacerbated.
1x 125cc WC
2x 250cc Runner Up
3x MotoGP Runner Up
Not a bad career all told, we'd all wish to have had it so good...
I've admired Dovi for a while. He's had a long and, as you said, successful career. I think he's just tired of the whole MotoGP "scene". My eyes were opened about his attitude when I watched the documentary "Undaunted". You could see the frustration build between Dovi and the Ducati engineers. I then saw "Becoming 33" on Red Bull TV about Brad Binder. The contrast between the two of them couldn't have been more marked. I think I've said it before here Binder finds a way to get things done and Dovi seems to find reasons that they can't be done. In my mind it was the story of a "winner" and a "loser".

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Manufacturers all listen , to a point . They listen to what riders prefer for settings but when it comes to development , that job is left to the engineers as it should be . Riders are not engineers but can think that they are, then again in Dovis case he thought he knew more than the engineers and he was as fast or faster than Marquez . IMHO Dovi was always an overrated rider on the best bike at the time .

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Alex ducati has been Horrible at rider picks(Alex Marquez? many better rider picks available) and/or they just dont have the budget to pay 25 million for the top rider . Ducatis budget is lower than any of the japanese manufacturers (mooney ect PAY for bikes and support ) Read Ducati stock prospectus .

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Alex dont get me wrong Dovi wasnt a 2nd tier rider , but he was no Marquez which Dovi cjaimed he was his equal . The Yamaha has a 2017? chassis (cant handle any more hp= souce Yamahas own crew chief After the flag interview with Simon Crafar ) AND is 12 to 18kph down in top speed . But Dovis rookie team mate comming up from moto3 Daryl Binder has beaten him .

·
Registered
116 Posts
Think it’s got a lot to do with younger / rookies etc coming to MotoGP now have no previous reference point ( harder carcasses on tyres 🛞 etc) they just get on what they have and go as fast as they can and expect electronics to deal with other issues. Also I think age catches us all and we have a little more self preservation / risk awareness creeping in. Dovi was a top tier rider , his cv speaks for itself, but it’s the right decision to retire .

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
A big issue with new /young riders is they want to practice/train using Motocross instead of flat tracking . Motocross is fun , but does nothing for training for sliding a road bike at 180 mph .. Sliding a flat track bike 100mph on dirt does train riders . Motocross going 50mph flying through the air again is fun but no cross over training and if they make a mistake on jumps they get hurt .

·
Registered
762 Posts
As we have seen....smh

·
Registered
762 Posts
One of MotoGP Mac's latest vids covers something that had crossed my mind earlier in the season. Yamaha having the same issue as Honda... making a bike that only ONE rider can ride/win with...🤔

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Mac has the best, most informative videos on the net . Being independent he doesnt have to worry about being black listed by dorna or a manufacturer . Good You tube videos to subscribe .
Racing news fix is a just a guy who wants everything banned , all electronics ,aero, ride height ect because he is a Honda nut and his site will influence dorna and no tech helps honda. Even thinks Marquez couldnt have won without honda .
ANYHOW , yes , honda and Yamaha are in same situation but Yamaha isnt in such dire straits . At least the Yamaha handles well if the power is kept low (Yamaha crew chief said adding any power to the 2017 chassis overtaxes it and it goes flexy =bad) I have much more confidence in Yamaha fixing there problem than Honda fixing there many problems being they couldnt fix the last rcv213 then the new bike was even worse . I hope Yamaha gives fabio a new chassis regardless if its an inline 4 or v4 as it needs it .(all new bike )
Everyone ... who do you think will fix there bike first? Yamaha or Honda ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think Yamaha will as the only issue they seem to have is lack of top speed, which hopefully a new chassis more power or new engine could resolve. Honda seem to have more than 1 issue to resolve and also no 1 rider out at the moment.

slightly off post but saw an article where Casey stoner was being measured up for new race suit etc ( wonder if 1 of the manufacturers have hired for testing)

821 - 840 of 861 Posts