BMW S1000RR Forum banner
781 - 800 of 810 Posts

·
9,184 Posts
Fabio is prob taking the title, another great ride on an old bike, the only racer that can outride him is Marc. Rest of Yamaha riders are paperweight.

Pecco needs to get his $hit together. Too many DNFs.
Honda in a bad place, they need to let Naka go, too much risk. rc213v gets too hot, Alex could not keep his foot on peg.

Aprilia is making great progress, sucks for Maverik with mechanical.
KTM is still struggling.
Mir is making Suzuki pay by crashing every race lol.

Reactions: SRod321 and Loki66

·
Registered
723 Posts
Good race. Fabio has shown that last year wasn't a fluke. The kid's consistent. Pecco wth??? Viñales finally shows some brilliance only to be done in by mechanical issues smh. Honda is done.... without someone like Marc to ride around the issues, they HAVE to improve the platform because it's obvious from the other rider performances that there are some big problems. Nakagami crashed out again, Alex Marquez and Pol both retiring.... it's a laundry list of problems I imagine...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Even Bradl is pissed at Honda. Burned hands and feet, no airflow to the rider causing physical issues that meant the bikes were unridable. The riders accept a certain physical toll on their bodies from riding. Honda have taken it to a new level.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
When Marquez was healthy and riding around the rcv213 hondas bad handling ., honda wanted status quo so they shot down more testing and lower 119kg weight limit which would have helped tire heat, tire wear and everyone handling better . Now its bit them in the ass. With the new bike i was hoping honda was finally going to build a competitive bike instead of relying on marquez skill (dangerous), stop trying to ban others tech to hinder development of innovation, stop the lying saying new tech is dangerous and blaming tire manufacturers ect ect .... be respectable =win on track

Solutions 1. WAY more actual track testing (and it dramatically cuts engineering costs ) 119kg weight limit (cheap , they are already running balast)
For honda specifically = Leave corporate ego at the door and hire a chassis engineering firm like Kalex to design there chassis like Yamaha/Kenny Roberts did with ROC and won 3 consecutive titles.
Honda was always a good at engines ,Lousy at chassis design . Also Honda and Ducati always go high Horsepower which makes chassis engineering MUCH harder .

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Guys the days of the 165lb+ MotoGP rider went the way of the dinosaur many years ago . ALL manufacturers (and michelin) except honda wanted the 119kg weight limit. BTW it wasnt a big cost factor as they where just taking off the 65kg ballast ..... Also the larger rider cant run in MotoGP as it will chew tires up and raise tire temps .
The no testing is the BIGGEST issue in MotoGP . My cousin is retired engineer from Boeing and my Nephew is Aerospace engineer . (Both Ride but really into planes =Nephew flies ) Both state that the situation makes the engineer job 10 times harder almost impossible to get anything done and done correctly compared to having actual track testing . (there is computer simulations but its used as a base line reference tool in other industries )

Loki you have been following motorcycle racing a long time as i have . You Never used to see A manufacture not get the bike finished by the start of the season . Yes they fine tuned it to each track but that just racing norm . Every manufacture was ready by race 1 and had there best foot forward ...That would great for us fans as well

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
PS Moto3 riders are the same size as motogp riders and moto3 weight minimum is 87kg so why would 119kg motogp rider have to be smaller than current riders ? a 119kg weight would solve tire issues .

·
Registered
435 Posts
PS Moto3 riders are the same size as motogp riders and moto3 weight minimum is 87kg so why would 119kg motogp rider have to be smaller than current riders ? a 119kg weight would solve tire issues .
A Moto3 bike is 82 kg without the rider.
Moto3 regulations set a minimum combined weight of 152 kg for the bike and fully-equipped rider.

Not sure what the 119kg is.

The MotoGP bikes are 157kg.
The Moto2 bikes are 140kg.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Hi alex 119kg (some sites said 135kg ) but went with gponeand motomatters as they are usually on the money for stats ..this was back 2017 or 2019? anyhow 119kg proposal just the bike dry weight. I had googled the moto3 weight said 87 bike 155 combo but the source shakey . Im sure your figures correct .

Alex thanks for infp on riders I feel bad for Mir and Rins . Its like throwing away 2 good top tier riders into a stump grinder lol.

·
Registered
599 Posts

Oliveira to RNF Aprilia
Rins to LCR Honda
Mir to Repsol Honda
Wow. For some reason Mir and Rins must actually believe that Honda are going to be able to make substantial changes to the bike.

Big mistake for both of them I think. I hope not, but I think they'll regret going to Honda.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Maybe the Honda money is hugely different from RNF, but if I were Rins I would have gone to RNF/Aprilia.
I suspect RNF had both options and chose Miguel. Can't actually blame them as I think MO88 is underrated. He's won 4 GP's...one of them he utterly destroyed the field. He's let down by the KTM.

Rins, in comparison, has wasted the Suzuki.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Mir and Rins are gonna hate life next season smh

Reactions: Roehr1250sc
781 - 800 of 810 Posts