BMW S1000RR Forum banner
761 - 780 of 810 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I did hear a rumor on you tube on june 4th that BMW will run rebadged Suzukis for 2023 then BMW will run there own bikes in 2024 . The only way i can see BMW being up and running well? by 2024 is if BMW has the bike/engine entirely built in either uk motorsports valley where mercedes F1 car is entirely built OR at Aston Martins new 50 acre (huge) F1 design center in UK.
BMW did say a decade ago that if they went in to MotoGP they would have F1 engineering center in UK Make the entire engine/bike and they would just badge it BMW

·
Registered
599 Posts
Agreed on communication part, we are debating whether rider or bike make the difference. Few months ago I said the rider makes the difference but Rohel and others said "Ducati best bike in the paddock, it's winning everything". Now they seem to be changing their opinion.

Of course riding the bike with a line style that fits it will make a small difference. But the rider makes most of the difference, if you also look at Toprak, he is violent on the R1 (inline 4), does not have long arcing lines, still won last WSBK. Just pointing out logical contradictions.
I suppose the point I was trying to make is that I believe a great rider, who can communicate well with his team can be more successful on "not the best bike" than can be lesser rider on "the best" bike. I think the ability to communicate appropriately with his/her team is only one item in the great rider's toolbox. Look at Valentino when he first switched to Yamaha. Biaggi couldn't win on the bike but after Rossi came to the team, he won right out of the box. I think the same is true of Fabio now. Both Morbidelli and Dovisioso have shown themselves to be good riders, but they don't have whatever Fabio has that allows the lesser Yamaha to perform.

·
Registered
BMW S1000XR 2022, Ducati Desert Sled 2018, Ducati MTS 950 2017(sold), Honda VFR 2007(sold)
137 Posts
Dovi does not have the same bike Fabio has. I think the bike the gave him is 2 years prior. Plus its an inline 4 and he is accustomed to racing the v4 (Ducati).

Flip side: If yamaha switches to the V4, then Fabio will have to acclimate to the new riding style and agility of the V4. Yamaha could just be dragging their feet because he's winning with the current platform.
In reference to the crew chief, yes he said the chassis will flex a lot with more power, however, incremental increase on the current RWHp, thru traction control is still possible on that platform. In addition, they could re engineer the chassis and stay with the inline 4, to the benefit of Fabio, or they could move to the V4 and let him re learn his turns. This is in NO way saying Fabio is a poor rider on a V4, I don't know, but just that the physics of the two engine configurations will require a different approach to racing.

·
9,184 Posts
Pecco disagrees. He would rather have a bike like M1 than V4. Handling > top speed.
In before "Ducati is the best damn bike on the grid" lol, and V4 > I4. You cannot argue after 2nd top racer on a Ducati tells you he would rather have I4 over V4.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Guys check out... The tricks of motogp explained by b sport on you tube . aero engineers state how Ducati/Aprila aero actually makes air CLEANER not DIRTIER so its easiersafer to follow them but its harder to get a tow/draft and pass them .... The unsafe claim by manufacturers with inferior engineering departments that its ... dangerous .. to follow them is bullshite .
My retired cousin from boeing aero engineer sent me this video .... Sorry i dont know how to post a link

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Zoo again you post a link then lie about whats said in its contents .....Pecco DID NOT say he would rather be on the inline4 yamaha m1 over the Ducati GP22 v4 .The last time you posted a link then stated Bastinni said the GP21 had a handling problem ... He said nothing of the sort . When you got caught lying by members you took link down ...

All the expert motogp analists say the ducati is the best bike in motogp .. They are correct , you are WRONG..... Again enough with the japanese manufacture fanboy cheer leading .

Zoo if CHINA gets into motogp and makes the best bike i will defend that position (highly unlikely ) Why cant you accept japanese manufacturers have dropped the ball?

BTW Who did yamaha go to for designing a new engine package ... An Italian engineer from Ferrari who is said to prefer V4s to inline 4
I know you insist inline 4s are better because your Suzuki gsxr 1000 is an inline 4 but engineers say otherwise thats why 4 out of 6 (soon 5 out of 5 if rumors are correct) are v4.

I apologize to other members for losing temper just tired of japanese manufacture fanboy cheerleading and ducati hating because they design better bikes than the japanese in racing and production bikes

·
9,184 Posts
Proof some of ya have reading disabilities: here is screenshot from the link.
Pecco said he would rather have handling over top speed. That's the same as saying he would rather be on a I4 over a V4.

Rohel The link again in case you cannot see it.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Parallel

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
yes but you stated bagnia said he would rather be on a yamaha M1 than the ducati v4 ... He never said that nor did bastininni ever say that the ducati gp21 had a handling problem . Which you stated he said

Zoo a rider saying he prefers handling over top speed IS NOT the same as saying he wants to ride an inline 4 over a v4. Thats just You cheerleading for inline 4 because the Suzuki runs an inline 4 and you own a Suzuki gsxr 1000RR and the japanese production bikes are all inline 4s ..

Which i will remind you yet again European Superbikes have beaten japanese superbikes in ALL comparisons for the last 14 years strait in fact the euro superbikes have taken 1st 2nd and 3rd the last 14 years strait the best a japanese superbike could muster is 4th . The inline engine has been phased out of motorsports for many years for good reasons

The 1st time i said this to zoo his reply was.... The testers where ..bribed...for the last 14 years strait . Euro manufacturers have surpassed the japanese manufacturers .This is why the members here all bought BMWs

·
Registered
99 Posts
Think Jake made the right decision, he is very competitive in Moto2 and has a chance of a podium most weekends if it wasn’t for a few silly crashes. Why would he jump on the M1 to ride around near the back of the pack. I think a rider would only do it if he / she was given 100% guarantees that they would be on the RNF Aprillia next year which will be competitive. Just my opinion of course 😀

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Loki , i agree the M1 isnt competitive , FQ skills and style is winning not the bike .
Also its good to see Jake being a man of his word and not breaking contract /being loyal to his team .
totally agree that the only rider who seems to be able to get the best out of the M1 is FQ, riding it like he’s stolen it, he has really taken a step forward this year: Re: Jake, that team picked Binder over him even though he was in their moto2 team and had a lot of experience on bigger bikes (BSB), not MotoGP I know. As you say good to see some loyalty. RNF seem to put all the blame on their riders for bad results. IMHO

·
Registered
435 Posts
Petronas/RNF have always flattered to deceive. In 2020 Franco had the 2019 bike and came second because of Covid, MM93 being out and the 2020 M1 being a pig. By having the only 2019 M1 on the grid Franco had a decent year (3 wins) and managed 2nd in a championship which was ultimately won by a rider that only won 1 race. Once M1 was fixed in 2021 and FQ20 had departed the picture was much clearer of where they really stood, with Franco and Vale managing only 17 & 18 in the championship whilst FQ20 won it.

I don't think their rider choice has helped them at any stage. I believe Vale was almost forced on them but otherwise since the surprisingly brilliant signing of FQ20 and solid signing of Moto2 WC FM21 it's all gone to ****. Yamaha are stupid for not ensuring all riders are on equitable machinery. Having FM21 on a 3 year old M1 in 2021 (until he was promoted by the MV25 situation) was dumb, especially when he was being considered for the main team, they should have had him on the factory spec to compare him against MV25...

Ultimately RNF are probably going sink as I don't think they will do a good enough job with the Aprilia to be anything other than back markers. They have a fundamental issue in the garage, whether its Razlan is unclear but I suspect it is. Getting rid of Wilco Z was probably a mistake. I don't see RNF Aprilia doing any better than Tech3 GasGas (nee KTM) next year...and definitely not better than LCR despite the fairly awful RC213V.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Alex - I agree getting rid of Wilco was a massive error of judgement, (Amok is correct in his description 👍). Although I don’t think DB has done too badly for his rookie season . RNF won’t have any excuses if they don’t perform or give their riders what they need as they will be on competitive bikes next year.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Pecco/Ducati new track record in FP2 Alex Espargro 2nd 3rd Miller 5 out 0f 6 all Ducati . Fabio was 7th? looked frustrated bike off in handling . Must be running high Horsepower maps again like in mugello (added horsepower over taxes chassis and it gets flexy= Source Yamaha motogp crew chief..after the flag interview ) . I wouldnt count him out though .

761 - 780 of 810 Posts