BMW S1000RR Forum banner
641 - 660 of 674 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Razlan Razali's comments on Dovi and Rossi. Experienced vs rookie riders. Basically just ride the bike. The kind of riding at which Marquez is an expert.

To be honest, I didn't expect him to struggle so much considering that last year he did five races and the tests. We thought that with his experience he would know how to adapt to the M1. I think he has to take a step back, not be too analytical and just ride the bike, trying to get the most out of it instead of thinking about what's wrong. That’s the bike".

Is he a rider who sometimes thinks too much?

"I find some similarities between him and Valentino last year, they both want not only to be riders but also engineers and they forget to be riders and to ride the bike the way it is. The philosophy of having young riders is right because they have no references and they just ride, it's the difference between a rookie and a highly experienced rider. Vale and Dovi are very analytical, very sensitive, but they forget to ride the bike ”.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Alex you are wrong ... Last year there was a big stink when a young kid/rider got killed because of towing .It was then made illegal in moto3 . They are going 200 mph of course towing dangerous . Its not a rainbow riders parade . Your arguing just to argue .

Just because the honda rcv213 is the worst handling bike in motogp , it doesnt give Marquez or any other rider to use dangerous riding tactics .
OMG no. Its apples and pears.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Alex??? Towing is dangerous period that why its illegal in moto3 look it up . Without a tow Marquez can even go fast enough to get into Q2? Its not his riding he is fit and on form . Look at all the saves he is pulling off .

The Honda rcv213v handling is so bad when Marquez went to get a tow off of Bagnia ,Marquez couldnt keep up and lost the tow ?

The Aprilia RSGP gets better every race, The Ducatis get better every race . The Hondas keep getting worse . Even Marquez wont cover for them any more . Marquez says he has no feel/grip he just rides as fast as he can hoping not to crash . And Marquez is the greatest rider ever ! Who would want to be the 2nd rider? its a career killer . Honda better pony up a huge check as it is also a retirement fund lol.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Baron Back in 2013 Dovi was signed on at Ducati as a second rider .iononne? was supposed to be the fast number 1 rider Dovi the slower consistent development rider . Iononne ended up crashing constanly but the Ducati was fastest bike on the grid so Dovi got number 1 ride . Dovi had much better bike than Marquez , but marquez was so fast he rode around the rcv213 problems and won . IMHO dovi was always over rated .

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Dorna said they have sponsors lined up already . Like Mooney and Ducati . Ducati doesnt have the funding for 8 bikes . Sponsors foot the bill . Ducatis budget less than any of the japanese manufacturers and Aprilia has smaller budget than ducati .

·
9,135 Posts
Roehr can you point out in motoGP rule book where is it illegal to get a tow from another rider?
If you cannot, then you are arguing for the sake of arguing. Racing is a mental game, Marc is a master at it.

Reactions: trakdoc

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Not trying to defend MM here because I don't think he or anyone should be getting tows to qualify better. We race enthusiasts al want to see close racing with 4/5/6 riders tire to tire, but according to Roehr this is dangerous and illegal, I don't get the argument. I do agree that no one should using the tow from another rider to get faster qualifying times.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Last year It was a huge uproar in moto3 when the young kid died from a tow gone wrong they outlawed towing in moto3 . I did not say it was illgal in motogp but its still dangerous . Last race marquez almost hit riders 2 times while getting a tow .
Marquez is the fastest rider ever and still is the fastest rider in motogp but that doesnt give him the right to to use dangerous riding tactics because the hondas handling is crap and he cant go fast enough on the honda to make q2 without a tow . If anyone else but honda was grabbing a tow there would be a penalty given . All the teams sent a petition to dorna /fim asking for Marquez to be told not to tow . Are they ALL wrong ? I am a Marquez fan , Not a Marquez fanboy . He should ride without a tow and not endanger others . If he cant go fast enough on the crap handling honda he should go to another team/manufacture .

Ps Zoo Skill and Balls wins races . You dont have to be a Rhodes Scholar to win a motorcycle race . A documentary was done on the whole Marquez family . Not a bright bulb in the entire box . He was 26? and still living with his parents who washed his clothes made his meals ect ect

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The Ducatis are so good it wouldnt be a surprise if Ducati achieves a couple/few podium lock outs this year .

Baron ... Aprilia with a speed demon like Rins ? VERY impressed with Aprilia . 2nd best Manufacture/bike in MotoGP and its a close 2nd .

I know everyone will be voting for Bastininni for rider of the race . I am going with Marquez/Quarteraro.Both riders bikes where not holding there lines ,running wide. This Lemans track is very slippery .Both riders gave 100%

·
9,135 Posts
Unpredictable race, Pecco made two major mistakes at the end that cost him the win.
Ena rode a great race, that GP21 seems to be more sorted out than the GP22.
Damn GSXR boys sent it, Rin's crash was scary how he landed.
Alex Esp rode a great race, he kept Fabio away. Happy for Aprilia.
KTM 3 out of 4 racers down.
Yamaha & KTM not doing well. Without Fabio Yamaha will be barely top 15.
Honda boys seemed out of place. But the race start pass Marc made was surgical squeezing through a tiny space on inside.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Very entertaining race. Pity to see both gsxrs crash out. Agreed @z00 that's was a wild crash for Rins. Great ride by Aleix, he's putting in WORK on that Aprilia. Jorge Martin crashed...aaahhhhhgain smh... what's is going on with the Martinator?? Fabio put up a good fight but Aleix is just that good. Marquez and Honda are in BIG trouble. Can't keep up with the leaders pace... gonna be a loooooong season(as if it's not a long season already smh). KTM... holy cow 3 of 4 wrecked... wow

Reactions: Loki66 and z00

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
FYI .. Miller said Bagnia had tire wear on right side and was slowing before Bastininni had passed him. When Bagnia repassed Bastininni i was afraid Bagnia was going to take them both out .
They say Bastinini has secured his factory ride for next year . Martin still no1 rider at Pramac .Martin may be disapointed but its still better than any other ride out there .

·
Registered
398 Posts
It's not so much a slippery surface and more that there are camber changes the TV can't pick up. Going wide means you're on a dirty track which is also falling away from you.
Have to say that final double right where the bikes go over the join with the larger 24hr Car circuit is heart in mouth every lap. Go slightly wide and pay a big price, how FQ20 stayed up on lap 1 is beyond me.

Where Rins went off has shades of the now modified Redbull Ring T2. High speed drafting at lean. Nature of the circuit and ultimately a rider mistake (got suckered in by the speed of the Ducati's on Lap 1. Wonder if they will end up making a 'bike' specific change for that corner too...(which would be a shame).

Bagnia certainly threw away points. Tyre issue or not he didn't heed the warnings...but I suspect that's also why he didn't try to remount, he knew his tyre was done.

Moto2 sucked from a British perspective, but please Baubier was able to bring it home for his best finish.

·
Registered
698 Posts
No official confirmation but...Jack Miller rumored to be going to KTM in 2023.
Story from Italian sky sports

https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comments/uq6ljz
Link to the story is on reddit. Clicking the link there takes you to the Italian website, requiring translation for most of us who don't speak/ understand Italian lol. Reddit poster already translated it.

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
692 Posts
Bagnia certainly threw away points. Tyre issue or not he didn't heed the warnings...but I suspect that's also why he didn't try to remount, he knew his tyre was done.
Also, if it is the involuntary dismount I saw, he also lost the front brake/accelerator grip on the right hand side. Looks like it snapped off during the drop.

641 - 660 of 674 Posts