BMW S1000RR Forum banner
621 - 640 of 674 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Baron after all the bans /fights Ducati has to go through to keep tech advancements , you think Ducati has influence ?

Truth of the matter is 1/10th or 2/10ths under or over is a great guess and its just that ...A Guess . SO many factors an change such a small amount of pressure = Speed , track surface , engine heat, sunlight , outside temp ect ect . Its a gentlemans agreement to do the best you can to keep close to the guidelines . You cant blame any manufacturer for being within 1/10th of a bar .

As far a Honda getting special treatment from dorna/fim .... If you ask KTM , Yamaha, Suzuki, aprilia , Ducati they ALL will state Honda gets and expects special treatment from Dorna/fim .

Honda threatened Taylor Macenzie ( son of 500cc grand prix rider Niall Macenzie) with a 75,000$ ? slander suit for saying his Honda cbr 1000rrr? race bike was a POS and why.Honda has no slander clauses inthere rider contracts saying nothing bad may be said about there bikes , company ect .

I always like to see all manufacturers do well , but win on the race track not in a court room

·
Registered
579 Posts
Baron after all the bans /fights Ducati has to go through to keep tech advancements , you think Ducati has influence ?

Truth of the matter is 1/10th or 2/10ths under or over is a great guess and its just that ...A Guess . SO many factors an change such a small amount of pressure = Speed , track surface , engine heat, sunlight , outside temp ect ect . Its a gentlemans agreement to do the best you can to keep close to the guidelines . You cant blame any manufacturer for being within 1/10th of a bar .

As far a Honda getting special treatment from dorna/fim .... If you ask KTM , Yamaha, Suzuki, aprilia , Ducati they ALL will state Honda gets and expects special treatment from Dorna/fim .

Honda threatened Taylor Macenzie ( son of 500cc grand prix rider Niall Macenzie) with a 75,000$ ? slander suit for saying his Honda cbr 1000rrr? race bike was a POS and why.Honda has no slander clauses inthere rider contracts saying nothing bad may be said about there bikes , company ect .

I always like to see all manufacturers do well , but win on the race track not in a court room
Not sure I buy your argument that the correct pressure above minimum is a guess. Apparently WSB and F1 make the rules work. It seems MotoGP simply chooses not to. The article states the minimum pressure rule is there to "prevent the tire casing from failing". Obviously at the pressures Ducati is running, that's not happening. Maybe the minimum should be lowered, but IMO, rules are rules and should be enforced uniformly. Especially surrounding such a recent "hot potato" issue as front tire temps.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Baron point is a 1/10th of a bar pressure can change so easily its not done with malice .Quateraros Yamaha was off/under the whole Potamao race ( motogp Mac ) Is yamaha cheating ? is Ducati cheating? Being its only 1/10th of a bar tested before fp1 I say no .

Baron you are correct , it should be done by independent 3rd party = Michlelin ,All using same sensors , before fp1 so no one can say Michelin screwed up there race settings .Then its done , no bitching of variations because of asphalt changes , outside temp changes sunlight ect ect . Again ... lets win on the race track not in a court room like they do in F1 with teams trying to ban each others tech ect .

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you're underinflated then you've made a mistake in your assumption of how much pressure you need in the tyre off the warmers.

Its not always direct cheating because there are many variables, however, rules are rules.

At the start of the race for two laps one can imagine the tyres get upto operating pressure and heat, so if I was Dorna I would discount them. After that dropping too low is a technical failure and they should be penalised

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Alex in both Quateraro and Pecco the outside temp dropped during the race . No one did anything to drop tire temp but it can go down from outside temp.

No one is gaining advantage dropping pressure . They are just trying to avoid tire temps going too high and loosing grip /stability. No one is out to cheat .

No team/manufacture should be penalized for something out of there control .

Have Michelin test tire pressure , use low rate and be done with it . its the best that can be done .. Its the safest and fairest way to go . 3rd party does test and everyone is on level playing field .

No fines , no drama Less rules equals better racing . Let the best bike/rider win

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Thanks Kranktus What a crock of Shite . Prediction ... Next Suzuki will say they didnt want to shut down motogp effort and breach contract BUT , they had to do so as they need the money for electric cars to save the planet .

How can you dislike a company for trying to save the planet? Breaking a 5 year commitment that Suzuki just signed 6 weeks ago is justified for saving the planet?

I hope dorna nails them to the wall

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think Fabio is in with a good shout this weekend as not a major horsepower track. Would like to see Binder / KTM or one of the newer guys pull it out the bag. Bagnia will be there , also think the beast and the Pramac boys won’t be far away. Mir , Rins, Pol and Miller will have extra motivation needing a ride next year. Aprillia will also be in the hunt , will have to wait and see if Honda is podium material in Marquez’s hands. Loving the unpredictability of this season.

Agree rules are rules and should be enforced no matter what team has breached them, whether it be tyres / aero / engine or something else.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Motogp Mac last podcast . Alex check out his daily videos on you tube . was in Motogp . Great analyst especially on tech . AND I owned a Superbike race team in USA ran EBR 110 RS FACTORY Superbike = jeff mays bike . I remember with over heating tires ect Daytona when they laid cheap virgin asphalt . The quality of aspalt can change tire temps by a large margin but you dont know by how much . BUT 1/10th of a bar doesnt change grip having 1 bar increase due to heat definately changes grip . Ask quateraro . lol

loki i agree ... but imo 3rd party/tire manufacturers do the testing and set the guide lines as they are the experts on tires .

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Loki i have liked Brad binder from his 1st day in MotoGP but the KTM cant string 3 good set ups together to save its life . I admire KTM going there own way with Chrome moly steel trellis chassis but maybe the steel trellis chassis time is done ,KTM has already taken that chassis far beyond what anyone has done with a steel trellis chassus before ,Chassis engineer rule of thumb was a steel trellis chassis would get over taxe at 200 hp KTM is now at 325?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like to see a different manufacturer winning , must be KTM’s turn 😀. They ( as in all the manufacturers) must be reaching the limit of hp that is useable round a short circuit?. The good thing is quite a few riders could still win the championship if they string a run of good results together ( wet weather, heat , iffy tyre , bad luck 🍀 all come into play of course).
Sunday - feet up , JD & coke or Jamiesons , MotoGP on big screen , bring it on 😀👍🥃

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
What about Toprak on the Aprilia?

Ducati looking Very strong as a manufacturer . 5 out of 6 places in fp2 at lemans . Bastinini tops fp2 BUT sundays race calling for rain and so far Bastininni melts in the rain .

Rain Prediction s for Lemans 1 Miller/ducati 2 Marqez / Honda 3 A espargro

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Alex ?? FB20 being fine with it has nothing to do with situation ? 1 its dangerous = Its illegal riding tactic in Moto3/ Moto2. 2 They say /i heard you can gain 2 or 3 10ths a lap on a tow = unfair .
3. Its Preferencial treatment from Dorna /fim . ALL the other teams fied complaint with Dorna /fim after last race (source =you tube = the race /gravel trap) Honda just disreguards complaints .

I am a Marquez fan. Best rider ever but grabbing a tow off of nest riders/bikes is a bs slimmey lawyer move .

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Alex you are wrong ... Last year there was a big stink when a young kid/rider got killed because of towing .It was then made illegal in moto3 . They are going 200 mph of course towing dangerous . Its not a rainbow riders parade . Your arguing just to argue .

Just because the honda rcv213 is the worst handling bike in motogp , it doesnt give Marquez or any other rider to use dangerous riding tactics .

621 - 640 of 674 Posts