BMW S1000RR Forum banner
601 - 620 of 674 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
And boom....Aprilia loses all concessions...I mean I don't think they need all of them anymore anyway. They had enough to build a competitive platform and they proved so far this season that they can in fact compete. I do think however, that the limit on testing is dumb. I gotta agree with @Roehr1250sc there should be more testing, I think it allows for EVERY team to put their best effort forward which will lead to better/more competitive racing.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hi Srod and thank you . IMHO being testing is practically non existent concessions become a huge advantage . Without concessions it takes 20 engineers to do the work of 5 engineers and you only get 1/2 the results . Not to mention the 400% increase in costs .

MotoGP media , ALL the manufacturers , riders ect ect are up in arms with no testing regulations (Honda was against change when they had the old rcv213 , trying to slow other manufactures advancements . Now that honda has new bike they are all for more testing )

Srod and I where talking awhile back and we agreed ... if Fim/Dorna doesnt stop pissing off manufacturers someone is going to leave .
I know Suzuki most likely has money problems , but a engineering /development sytem with no testing that raises cost through the roof for no reason had to piss of Suzuki making the decision to leave that much easier .

Srod ... ist Motogp Mac a great analysts? he is on par with Matt Oxley AND answers everyones questions

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah I'm enjoying his videos, short and to the point. Good analysis.

Pol Espargaro done with Honda after this season. Honda expects Mir to take his position next season after Suzuki is gone. I think this will be a mistake for Mir unless Honda can completely FIX their platform (which I highly doubt), just my opinion. We shall see.

Personally I think Rins and/or Mir should ride for Aprilia or KTM.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Loki good to see you as a regular on the forum .You have good knowledge , non bias , views and cheerful attitude . (someone has to make up for my non sensitive demeanor LOLOL)

Pol is/has been giving it his ALL every race , every lap . I agree with Srod , unless honda actually fixes the Honda Mir, Rins are going to befall the same fate as all the other honda 2nd riders .

You know the honda has a serious problem when Marquez has to grab a tow off the Ducati/pecco and yamaha/Quateraro just to get into Q2 !!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Loki good to see you as a regular on the forum .You have good knowledge , non bias , views and cheerful attitude . (someone has to make up for my non sensitive demeanor LOLOL)

Pol is/has been giving it his ALL every race , every lap . I agree with Srod , unless honda actually fixes the Honda Mir, Rins are going to befall the same fate as all the other honda 2nd riders .

You know the honda has a serious problem when Marquez has to grab a tow off the Ducati/pecco and yamaha/Quateraro just to get into Q2 !!
Hi Roehr1250
totally agree with you re : Pol, he's been giving it everything and trying his heart out with the Honda bikes. Unfortunately unless it is a track that suits his style and plays into the Honda's strengths he won't be on the Podium again this year. Tough gig being opposite Marquez in the garage for anyone, difficult to see how Mir will do any better. Think the commentators said that although he was fourth that was Marquez's fastest race distance time at Jerez :) , still pushing and love him or hate him , his talent and ability to make those saves that would have most other riders in the gravel is astounding .Unless they fix the Honda's issues he won't win another championship with them. Think Taka nakagani, has had enough chances and should have been replaced before Pol.

Pecco was inch perfect all race on the 22 Ducati, remains to be seen if he can keep the momentum going.

Think if luck holds Espargo could give the others a run for the championship (good ride , just bade his time and took his opportunity when Jack and Marc made a mistake ( I like how the Aprillia looks ). I like Maverick, but if he doesn't buck up and get on the podium or at least top 5 most race weekends he will be looking for new employment

Disappointing to hear Suzuki are leaving Motogp , Seems like a waste of investment after bringing in Live as manager ( if their riders qualified better they would be there or there about most Sundays). It would be great if Kawasaki or someone would come in, but think in the current world economy's it would be difficult for another manufacturer to start a new project to join Motogp.

Honestly enjoy the banter , and hearing information and opinions from everyone. Just my two pennies worth from across the pond in sunny Scotland :cool:(y)

I've been a little bit disappointed in the rookie KTM guys , Hopefully also KTM will improve for Binder etc.

·
Registered
398 Posts
People expect too much from rookies. Binder, Bez, DiGi, Remi and Raul are going to need time. Hell, Raul didn't even want the ride.
Marini, Marquez Jnr, Maverick, Dovi and unfortunately Franco are underperforming much more imo

·
Registered
698 Posts
Agreed, the latter have had time, and so far, poor results. I think Dovi is just done. Franco I'm surprised with. When Mir won the title, Franco was making a good run at him and showed awesome consistency. After his injury though, it's like he fell off a cliff. Alex Marquez has just fallen WAY short of expectations. I mean it isn't ALL his fault, Marc has set a ridiculously high bar that he will always be compared to because of the relation, and the Honda hasn't been a very good platform, but still he SHOULDN'T be bottom of the barrel the way he has been. I already had low expectations for Maverick and I'm still trying to figure out what was special about Luca Marini. Is it because he's related to Vale?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think we'll see Yamaha pony up and keep Fabio, ditch Franco and hire Rins. Puig has his eye on Mir, so I think he's Honda-bound.

I agree that Dovi's finished. Did anyone see "Undaunted"? Dovi just doesn't have the drive. Compare his attitude to (the much younger) Brad Binder in "Becoming 33". Binder finds a way to perform. Dovi finds a reason not to.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hi loki baron Srod ... Apparently POL has been informed that his contract will not be renewed . Loki being the new honda is the worst handling bike in motogp AND its really not that fast down the straits (The Aprilia RS-GP is faster) I cant see any ... strenths in the honda compared to the competition .

BIG news ...MotoGP Mac reports that the new hondas counter rotating crank is TOO big . Do to dorna/fim ridiculous development /testing rules the engines are sealed . SO no fixing /developing/testing until NEXT YEAR. Perfect example of how much Engineering time and money wasted on just Patching the situation until next year because of dorna/fim out dated rules trying to save track rental money ..As they state .

Srod..all.. Motogp mac does a short video every day on you tube .. Its in a recent video.

Question ....Marquez is Healthy / physically and on top of his game . So if Marquez Skills cannot ride around the Hondas handling problems Who can??? To put it into perspective ,Marquez could put the KTM on the podium on a regular basis .

Srod is correct , until Honda gets the bikes issues fixed the 2nd rider is just a seat warmer .

What Honda is really looking for isnt a 2nd rider.Honda is looking for a Marquez replacement . Honda wants to have a rider who rides around handling problems and wins . This way Honda doesnt have to spend R&D money and Honda claims victory isnt the rider it was there bike . As they said about Marquez . Honda wanted Quateraro badly .

·
Registered
398 Posts
Fabio will not go well on a Honda. He doesn't ride around issues. Whilst he can get the most from the M1 it's not translatable to Honda IMO. Mir is the correct replacement (for a start he's Spanish ;) ) and he's out of a job. Honda/Repsol won't want to pay for Fabio and Marquez...Mir will be cheaper and is still a former World Champ.

I think Rins will go to RNF or Aprilia. I wonder if Aprilia will field 4 bikes and fill the slots vacated by Suzuki...(despite the joke of 10 Ducati's I don't think they could actually manage that many, 8 is a huge investment already). Really we should have 6 of each brand (Ape, Yam, Hon, Duc) this then nullifies the advantage of 'more data'.

I agree that being locked into a mistake for a season is a high price to pay, 1 engine upgrade a year would seem fair to me. F1 has or had the concept of upgrade tokens that you could spend over a season to reduce spending before the cost cap and during the pandemic. I think this sort of solution is good and fair. A team has 7 tokens to spend in a year. Fairing aero package would be 5 leaving only 2 tokens for small changes like a swingarm. Or a crankshaft is 4 tokens and new forks are 3 etc, you get the gist. Development is restricted but you can at least fix something that makes a bike wholly uncompetitive, which improves the show.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Agree with you Roehr1250, on most things around the Honda (I might be wrong but think) except at Mandalinka when temp suited them they were both quick (new tyre seemed to bugger them up more than some, they were fast in testing there on the old tyre, but it's the same for everyone so no excuse). Alex I Agree with you on Fabio re Honda, and that Mir is the cheaper / better fit, just not convinced he will get the best out of it , hopefully wrong as prefer to see as many bikes battling for the win as possible.
I would like to see Rins or even one of the Rookies on an Aprillia if they put two more on the grid. Personally think Aprillia or Honda should have grabbed Lecuona for Motogp when he was out of a ride.

Hopefully Le man will throw up another anomaly and someone else will win proving us all wrong 😀

·
Registered
698 Posts
@Alex_UK I think you're on to something with that. The whole token idea from F1 I think would be great for MotoGP. Let's see if Dorna feels the same way. @Roehr1250sc I watched MotoGP Mac's vid this morning. Interestingly enough, Honda was tinkering with a new exhaust setup on Pol's bike, trying to find some HP they lost with the heavier crankshaft, and three different front wings on Marc's bike trying to improve the front grip. Let's see if this works (I doubt it, one day of testing to me is NOT enough to find significant results IMO). I don't think Fabio is dumb/desperate enough to sign with Honda if yamaha doesn't pay him. It would definitely put ducati in an interesting position once they drop Jack Miller. Offer money to Fabio or try and pull Marc from Honda? They could roll the dice on Rins but why if Quatararo is available? I still believe Rins will go to Aprilia. Mir I think will go to Honda(unfortunately), I think they're going to actively pursue him(is it fact yet? Has anything been confirmed already? Just asking in case I'm double tapping here) . It's not that I don't want Honda to do well, they just have to make BIG improvements and so far they haven't made any smh. Who ever goes there is gonna be set up to fail unless there's a HUGE overhaul done this coming off season. Will Alex Marquez and Pol go to yamaha if Fabio leaves and if Franco gets dropped? Geez the season isn't even halfway done and we're already talking moves for next season lol

Reactions: Roehr1250sc

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Loki btw roehr 1250sc is not my Name its USA only Superbike that was on par quality speed , handling ect of the japanese and euro superbikes . 1250cc supercharged liquid cooled Harley v-rod v-twin engine , chrome molly I beam/box sectiom chassis with billet aluminum base 180hp 115lbs torque at pnly 8000rpm . Acceleration of Ducati 1299 but better handling like the Ducati 1198 . Came with Akropovic full race exhaust , marchesese rims , bremo top brakes /rotors , Ohlins Suspesion front /rear and NO catalitic coverter / no epa what so ever as they made less than 100 of them =loophole

just sold bike to barber motorcycle museum . loki google it great reviews (and the magazines tested protitypes = i got to know owner of company )

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Thanks Alex ,,, How could anyone hate on a bike that beautiful . Actually all brands of Motogp bikes are stunning imho . MotoGP bikes look even better than WSBKs now . The new? Kawasaki zx10rr looks like a Bad Chinese copy of the Kawasaki H2.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Loki btw roehr 1250sc is not my Name its USA only Superbike that was on par quality speed , handling ect of the japanese and euro superbikes . 1250cc supercharged liquid cooled Harley v-rod v-twin engine , chrome molly I beam/box sectiom chassis with billet aluminum base 180hp 115lbs torque at pnly 8000rpm . Acceleration of Ducati 1299 but better handling like the Ducati 1198 . Came with Akropovic full race exhaust , marchesese rims , bremo top brakes /rotors , Ohlins Suspesion front /rear and NO catalitic coverter / no epa what so ever as they made less than 100 of them =loophole

just sold bike to barber motorcycle museum . loki google it great reviews (and the magazines tested protitypes = i got to know owner of company )
Hi
Yes I realised that, there was either something in one of our magazines or MCN quite a while back.

Predictions for Le Man ? Anyone

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I will go 1 Quarteraro/Yamaha 2 Bagnia/Ducati 3 Espargro/Aprilia

Keith Huewen just said its a survival track. Most crashes of any circut on MotoGP calendar , so hopefully no one gets injured. Its a low horsepower track , so Quateraro should do well.
BTW All the other teams/manufacturers petitioned Dorna/fim to have Honda /Marquez/pol stop looking for tow . Lets see if they comply . Hopefully they do as its dangerous and just poor sportsmanship/low class

601 - 620 of 674 Posts