BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Excellent news thanks for info Alex /srod ....Go to MX PONTS on you tube .. Looks like a outdoor motocross track made for kids ,its very wide/flat ,1 or 2 mild hills, no jumps ect.

Sad part is you cant get too excited as you cant trust hondas pre packaged/pre approved statements .Not trying to be pessimistic ,thats just the way honda conducts themselves.

Marquez would like up on a motogp grid if his eye was floating in a jar of formaldehyde and they implanted a glass eye. Marquez would still race if he could get away with it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ducati is going to win the championship by having 86% of the bikes on the grid be ducati's and claim there the best. Seriously they should cap it at per manufactuer

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Ducati is going to win the championship by having 86% of the bikes on the grid be ducati's and claim there the best. Seriously they should cap it at per manufactuer
I THINK that what they do is average the points, but I'm not 100% sure anymore. Regardless, having more bikes on the grid helps a little even if they do average it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I THINK that what they do is average the points, but I'm not 100% sure anymore. Regardless, having more bikes on the grid helps a little even if they do average it.
I believe they take the top 2 bikes score per race for the team championship but the riders is what everyone is concerned about.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi simes how did you come up with 86%?? typo?? 2021 Ducati,yamaha, honda all had 6 bikes,KTM 4 bikes, Aprilia 2 bikes Suzuki 2 bikes. 8 is NOT 86% of 28. its like 28% Ducati is really just adding 2 satellite bikes. The other Manufactures VOTED UNANIMOUSLY to allow ducati 2 more bikes . WHY?.....Ducati has the SMALLEST budget of all the manufactures and Honda,yamaha Suzuki figured the extra costs would spread there resources too thin and at least slow down there tech advances being Ducati has the best engineering team =( I am sure Audi huge engineering department is helping out as well) FYI the 2 added bikes do not have strong riders. Most motogp insiders and the other manufacturers (as they voted it in ) look at the added 2 bikes as a mistake

SECONDLY..Being Ducati has multiple strong riders they will most likely take points AWAY from each other.

Both of these situations could bite Ducati in the arse.

Max Oxley wrote an article in MSN that said the same .

I hope Ducati doeswell ,they have been working hard with less money making great motogp bikes since 2015? when they sorted out the traditional twin spar aluminum chassis ( The carbon monoque was leaps and bounds ahead on paper =(crap on actual track) Ducati just needed better riders and Marquez was SO good he could even win on crap handling rcv213.

Lastly ...Again if a Japanese Manufacture added 2 more satellite bikes would anyone be whining or crying unfair ? No . Who cares what country a manufacture comes from?
If they make great motogp bikes and work hard they deserve title reguardless of the manufactures country of origin.

Being a fanboy because a bike is made in a certain country is moronic

·
Registered
933 Posts
Simes the other manufacturers riders are concerned that the Ducatis are ALOT better than other manufactures bikes.The other riders have said this multiple times = read articles. 2 more 2019 satellite ducatis on the grid does not mean shite to them ..Ducatis are the best motogp bikes made right now . If you think anything else your kidding yourself.

The best hope for japanese manufacturers is ,as always Marc Marquez superior skills . Not a japanese manufacturers engineering skills .As of late even Yamaha and Suzuki have been sub par in comparison . I thought Yamaha was going to come back strong but apparently they are sitting on there hands depending on Quartararos skill to keep the competitive .

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thanks Gmten!!! great to see Marquez on actual bike and riding .Big,wide,flat slow, easy track best for him right now .Hopefully they will reverse decision and go to sepang tests .
Hating a rider for having phenomenal skill is another thing i do not understand . 2nd tier rider my arse.

Hopefully the NEW Honda rcv213 will be a much better handling bike than the OLD crap handling rcv213 so Marquez isnt loosing no feel front end and crashing every weekend and injuring him again .

·
Registered
933 Posts
Simes was blowing up the numbers trying to make it look like Ducati has an unfair advantage and its affecting ridets championship for 2022 but thats Bull shite as it hurts chances from strong triders taking points from one another ..Like independent candidate taking votes from republican or democratic candidates.

If you think about it do you think 2 mediocre rookies ( they are not bastininni/martin level rookies ) on 2019 model ducatis finising 14th/15th?going to effect ,say? Quateraro fighting for podium or win ?

All the other manufacturers unanimously voted to allow ducati to run 2 more bikes .If it was an advantage they certainly wouldnt have done so.

Haters can piss and moan , but it wont change the fact Ducatis are the best motogp bikes on the grid .

That doesnt mean Ducati is guaranteed to win the championship . Marquez can win on a crap handling honda he did so for years .Also Honda is a great engine builder that just concluded in F1. Dont be surprised if the new honda comes out of the box a strait line rocket.

·
Registered
933 Posts
FYI why manufactures want extra bikes on grid that are not expected to be in title chase is to collect tech information for NEXT year.But when you have more bikes then needed it becomes a hindrance not a help. i did read on a F1/motogp news site that stated they think the extra 2 bikes are being used as drone engines/developement engines for Audi entrance in F1 in 2025. Being Audi owns ducati outright and the CEO/board of directors at Audi have been AVID motorcycle enthusiasts for 40 years it could be a definite possibility.

FYI.....Audi actually designed and made a motorcycle in 1978. 1200cc dohc inline 4 standard

·
Registered
933 Posts
BIG NEWS in Marquez interview on www.gpone. Marquez said his vision is 100%. He also said its unlikely but he still might need surgery?

What was revealing in motomatters.com article was marquez crashed at the same simple, easy track he just made come back on AND he was just making low speed right hand turn ,tipped over and hit his head ? Not flying 30ft high jump ect ect .Was this eye injury cumulative from all the crashes over the motogp season?

·
Registered
933 Posts
News ? Moto Mac new on you tube says he will do new video every 2 days as to give all news pertaining to motogp . Good short videos imo

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thanks for info srod..Some are saying that because the new bikes base design is to accomidate the rear michelin tire and Marquez style rides the front tire ,Marquez will now have speed on par with other motogp riders. IMO If Marquez could win on the old rcv213 he could win on a Vespa scooter

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
IMO If Marquez could win on the old rcv213 he could win on a Vespa scooter
Funny, even though he probably did more laps on Vespa scooters (than on his Honda) getting back to the pits after he CRASHED, I didn't see him win any races on one... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: SRod321
41 - 60 of 60 Posts