BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 984 Posts

·
Banned
3,422 Posts
I really like Pecco, both as a rider and as a personality. He's fast, personable, and humble, and races clean from what I've seen. At the end of the season he outscored everyone, and if not for Ducati's major mistake and some other bad luck, would have had the title. There's no reason to think that he and Ducati won't step up their game even further in 2022. I think he would make a great Champion, and ambassador for the sport.

I also think MM is done as far as a Championship contender. No shame, I think it would simply be a smart move if he retired and concentrated on his health. He has won just about all there is to win, and can retire happy and with pride and honor.

I HOPE Dovi can get back on track and would honestly like to see him FINALLY win the Championship this next year, but, I think taking a year off, then coming back on an unproven bike will prove to be his undoing.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to 2022!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Thanks benny. No predictions yet anyway . no word on marquez yet I was surprised to read Fabio will not resign with Yamaha for 2023 unless the bike has made considerable improvements for 2022 season and is competitive . He has learned from Marquez mistakes in that area .

·
Registered
810 Posts
I predict a ducati duo leading next season barring any serious injury to a rider. Pecco, Martin, and Quatararo third of yamaha doesn't make any changes to the current platform.

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
751 Posts
Thanks benny. No predictions yet anyway . no word on marquez yet I was surprised to read Fabio will not resign with Yamaha for 2023 unless the bike has made considerable improvements for 2022 season and is competitive . He has learned from Marquez mistakes in that area .
If you have the leverage, it is a smart move. Put the pressure on the manufacturer to improve the competitiveness of the bike. He made most of his wins at the beginning of the season (if memory serves me right). Once Ducati fixed their issues, they were very tough to beat.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
hi gmen.ALL........news..........Honda has just stated Marc Marquez condition has progressed adequately.... thats it =very vaque. Said he will start physical training (not riding ,push ups ect)
I Wouldnt get too excited yet.Honda risked Marquez life for years having him ride around handling problems to save $$$. Honda has nothing to lose sending him out riding with vision not at 100% and they didnt become any more moral overnight .

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Hi gmten , it is on https://www.motomatters.com they are very reputable/best moto news site on the net . It seemed a bit sudden to me but looks like dornas trying to help other manufacturers catch up to ducati , which is bs , they shouldnt try and help anyone unless a new manufacturer in motogp.

Sorry thought you where talking about 355mm disks .

Mir to honda was from ...the race?...and anouther site?The new one owned by Matt Oxley. If i read in Motomatters or gpone i would say confirmed but it wasnt .Although Matt Oxley has caught hell for leaking info before .

·
Registered
545 Posts
With half the seats up for grabs every rider is going to be linked with every other manufacturer by their own PR teams in order to strengthen their negotiating position.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 984 Posts