BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone who has a 2022 S1000RR tell us if you still need to have the ECU flashed, or has the problem been corrected.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I do not have the '22 model but the flat spot is still there. Get the BMW TOM or Aftermarket Flash to remove the flat spot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not have the '22 model but the flat spot is still there. Get the BMW TOM or Aftermarket Flash to remove the flat spot.
The dealer is telling me the problem is fixed for 22. Also if a customer requests, they will fix the 20 or 21, but there is no recall.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The dealer is telling me the problem is fixed for 22. Also if a customer requests, they will fix the 20 or 21, but there is no recall.
That’s quite interesting are you sure the fix he’s talking about isn’t the Torque Map? I’ll give a call to my local dealer and check. There are few members on here who are close with BMW can answer if this is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
105 Posts
Ask this YouTuber
He purchased one of the first K67 bikes and sold it w/in 2 weeks due to the flat spot (and other reasons he will tell you about on a video) and now has a 2022.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ask this YouTuber
He purchased one of the first K67 bikes and sold it w/in 2 weeks due to the flat spot (and other reasons he will tell you about on a video) and now has a 2022.
He said the flat spot was still there on his new ‘22 so he did the BT Flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
105 Posts
Note I updated my post with the RR version and yes he did install the BT. Just thought I'd mention it to the OP to hear 1st hand.

·
Vendor
4,096 Posts
The flat spot in 2nd and 3rd gear for the performance side of the release will never go away. that is EPA mandated. The TOM was released to allow the 2nd and 3rd gear to perform at a better level, but the top was reduced to 188HP and the top speed is reduced alot.

I have an excellent and proven 2020 to 2022 flash that is for the race rider / track day / canyon carving rider.

and you can read this thread as it covers most of the hardware 2020 - 22 as there is little changes.. only improvements to 2022. ( we hope )

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The dealer is lying, not surprised most do! When I bought mine (21) the dealer said no one complained about the flat spot and if I wasnt happy I could get the TOM, which bumps up the midrange but takes away from top end!
So basically add another $800-1K to price to get a ECU flash

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The dealer is lying, not surprised most do! When I bought mine (21) the dealer said no one complained about the flat spot and if I wasnt happy I could get the TOM, which bumps up the midrange but takes away from top end!
So basically add another $800-1K to price to get a ECU flash
I think I'm going to buy another 2015

·
Vendor
4,096 Posts
I think I'm going to buy another 2015
I have to advise.. based on me owning every year model of generation. I just dont ride my 10-14's as they are just test units for parts but ... riding my 2015 24000 miles, my 2018 8000 miles.. and my K67s ( combined I have 2 ) are at 15000 miles.. the K67 is by far the best handling and power driven bike BMW has made. That includes in my opinion dollar for dollar the S1000RR is better than the K66 M1000RR which I have 1450 miles on.

Just get the K67 and enjoy the bike with a flash ECU. Pick your tuner carefully that will work with you 100% and advise along the way 100% by phone, by email, by forum... whatever you want to communicate on.. I have your back and performance flash.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
There will never be a change, it's there deliberately to comply with Euro 5 emissions...
That might not be true. It's there ONLY because BMW hasn't figured out a way to pass emissions without it. You can bet they're working on trying to eliminate it because they certainly don't want to have their bikes perform so poorly in the midrange and have people have to immediately go out and get a tune just to run correctly. HOPEFULLY they'll find a way soon to comply with the greentard Nazi's and still make the power it should.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
That might not be true. It's there ONLY because BMW hasn't figured out a way to pass emissions without it. You can bet they're working on trying to eliminate it because they certainly don't want to have their bikes perform so poorly in the midrange and have people have to immediately go out and get a tune just to run correctly. HOPEFULLY they'll find a way soon to comply with the greentard Nazi's and still make the power it should.
Maybe they should talk to VW on how to pass emissions 🤣

Also its Euro 5 but Europe isnt affected!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can someone who has a 2022 S1000RR tell us if you still need to have the ECU flashed, or has the problem been corrected.
I have a 2022, I had it flashed with a brentune stage 2 did the iat sensor relocate but had the intake flappers opened in software only.

Definitely a difference

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just get the K67 and enjoy the bike with a flash ECU. Pick your tuner carefully that will work with you 100% and advise along the way 100% by phone, by email, by forum... whatever you want to communicate on.. I have your back and performance flash.
What flash does BMW do at the dealership?

·
Vendor
4,096 Posts
What flash does BMW do at the dealership?
By request the dealer can only flash in the TOM ( torque optimization map ) ... from the factory it is supposed to release with the standard flash that varies based on country you live in. If you are in Mexico it is the North American ( USA ) flash for K67.

·
Registered
17 Posts
By request the dealer can only flash in the TOM ( torque optimization map ) ... from the factory it is supposed to release with the standard flash that varies based on country you live in. If you are in Mexico it is the North American ( USA ) flash for K67.
So basically, by request, dealer can flash EU Map, did I understand it correctly?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts