BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 M. Not ready for 1st service yet. Dealer i bought it from tells me 1st service is around $430. Sounds high to me. What has everyone been paying for this? And from what I read this is just an oil change and a ecu update? Seems like robbery to me!? Maybe I'm missing something? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks (y)

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR
40 Posts
I have a 2022 M. Not ready for 1st service yet. Dealer i bought it from tells me 1st service is around $430. Sounds high to me. What has everyone been paying for this? And from what I read this is just an oil change and a ecu update? Seems like robbery to me!? Maybe I'm missing something? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks (y)
What dealer are you using?

·
Registered
990 Posts
I used to service my own bikes then found when it's time to sell its a tougher ask to get a good price for your bike without the dealer stamps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That’s about right unfortunately! I purchased a service contract for $1800 when I bought my 21. It will save you thousands! Covers 3 years of maintenance oil changes and a new battery well worth it !
look into it Called (Riders Advantage Insurance)
My 1st service was about $400 they bill later due to saying they didn’t support the policy after performing service and the riders insurance reimburse me ! Can’t say enough good things about them !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
@186 mph $430 for service is totally worth it.

With that said it does seem a little high but you're rich. You own a BMW!! Welcome to the world of extravagant living!! 😀

·
Registered
1 Posts
I personally will do 100% of my own work. I took my bike to the dealership to get it unlocked (about $50), as I was told unlocking it by using a GS-911 would void the warranty, but I declined all other service. I did all the typical first service maintenance, including oil change, check fluid levels, adjust chain tension, adjust clutch cable, check torque in multiple places, etc. I was very clear with my intention when I asked the dealership if I would void any warranty and they said that as long as I kept very detailed records then BMW couldn't deny a warranty claim if something goes break. I even specified that if I do my own fork rebuilds or valve adjustments and they said that I wouldn't lose warranty.

So yeah, now I have a service book which includes invoices/receipts for all parts/fluids I've bought, and maintenance records so detailed I can tell you the mileage of the last time I lubed my chain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
My first service on my 2021 S1000RR M Sport was £192 Sterling from the main dealer which is about $260. Dollars I believe. Your price does seem a bit high. Have you tried other dealers & if so do they quote the same?
Best Wishes

Vicky
🤔

1 - 20 of 26 Posts