BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to replace my clear windshield with a dark smoke windshield on a 2021 S1kRR. Puig seems to have a good choice, but I have not found a vendor who has them in stock. As a result, I have started looking at the MRA racing screen. Anybody have any experiences with either shield/screen, or for that matter any other branded windshield? Looking for recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW S1000RR Blackstorm Metallic
36 Posts
Looking to replace my clear windshield with a smoked windshield on a 2021 S1kRR. Puig seems to have a good choice, but I have not found a vendor who has them in stock. As a result, I have started looking at the MRA racing screen. Anybody have any experiences with either shield/screen, or for that matter any other branded windshield? Looking for recommendations.

Thanks in advance.
I bought mine from here: Puig Racing Windscreen | MotoSport

Looks like they have the smoke in stock. I bought the Dark Smoke, which I like.

·
Registered
2021 M + Carbon Package
866 Posts
MRA or Zero Gravity

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
231 Posts
I have the MRA, I like it. Its kinda big but it's good. I'd want a zero gravity if they made one for the 2021 s1000rr. I have a zero gravity on my track bike.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the MRA, I like it. Its kinda big but it's good. I'd want a zero gravity if they made one for the 2021 s1000rr. I have a zero gravity on my track bike.
It does not look like zero gravity has made a windshield for the 2020 model year and above. With that being said, it looks like the MRA is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
I had the Smoke R MRA version. And recently changed it to the black version. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
I got the Puig, which is a bit taller than stock for my 6'2" size. It's acrylic instead of the softer polycarbonate of the MRA, which is more susceptible to marks from rock chips and even high-speed sand.

If you ever plan to do video, get the clear instead of the tint.

·
Registered
795 Posts
My experience with dark smoke puig is they have a purplelish tint to them and I dont like the shape. The black you cant see out of and the MRA, WRS screens dont come in dark smoke! I get the BMW High tinted screen. They are the perfect size, shape and dark smoke. Not to dark and not to light, just perfect!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your advice. I have gone and ordered the MRS windshield. The Puig dark smoke shield is in short supply and difficult to find in this country. Will see how badly the MRS gets scratched up in the coming months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts