There's such a wide gap in your map. And I'm right in the middle. ☹

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Road America please!! 😁

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know, we have to fix that...we tried to get a reasonable price at COTA but no such luck.
I would love to see you guys back in Texas. Eagles Canyon Raceway in Decatur (bit north of Ft Worth) would be awesome. They just rebuilt it and the facilities, all top notch, and frankly I'd rather ride there than COTA. That's how good it is, seriously.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to see you guys back in Texas. Eagles Canyon Raceway in Decatur (bit north of Ft Worth) would be awesome. They just rebuilt it and the facilities, all top notch, and frankly I'd rather ride there than COTA. That's how good it is, seriously.
I'll go over that possibility with my dad tomorrow. I'm not sure we would be able to put something on the schedule this year but we can definitely have a look.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll go over that possibility with my dad tomorrow. I'm not sure we would be able to put something on the schedule this year but we can definitely have a look.
Awesome, let me know if I can help make it happen, put you guys in contact with the right people etc.

Here's a lap around the full 2.7 mile circuit (not my video):

·
Registered
19 Posts
How much track time are you getting and is there a lot of instruction?
Single days have five 30 min session, camps get 7 sessions per day (last I knew).

Prior to each track session you get a ~30 min classroom instruction where you learn specific techniques, then you go practice them on track. Right when you get off the track you debrief the session with your riding coach, then back to the classroom, and keep cycling through that for the day. You'll learn a lot.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has CSS had training at Mid Ohio? If no, why not? Just curious.
We had been going to Mid-Ohio for years, starting in the mid 1980's. The last time we were there was 2008. The track conditions were sketchy in the wet (have you also noticed MotoAmerica does not go there either?). It's one of my favorite tracks in the USA, especially with a good surface. Great place to watch racing also. If they repave I'd be interested in going back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We had been going to Mid-Ohio for years, starting in the mid 1980's. The last time we were there was 2008. The track conditions were sketchy in the wet (have you also noticed MotoAmerica does not go there either?). It's one of my favorite tracks in the USA, especially with a good surface. Great place to watch racing also. If they repave I'd be interested in going back.
Thanks Dylan! I plan on taking Level 1 & 2 next year. Between Barber, Bowling Green, and VIR, which one would you recommend. Bowling Green would be the closest, since I am from Ohio.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Dylan! I plan on taking Level 1 & 2 next year. Between Barber, Bowling Green, and VIR, which one would you recommend. Bowling Green would be the closest, since I am from Ohio.
All three are good but if you've never been to Barber you should go. It's an experience. A real bucket list location for riders.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I know, we have to fix that...we tried to get a reasonable price at COTA but no such luck.
I love COTA but it has a number of issues for a school like CSS.
  1. It's huge and accommodates many more riders than you support through your org, especially coach-heavy camps. This contributes to the cost/rider problem.
  2. The size also separates riders and coaches. It takes time to go from student to student on such a big track. Similarly, the elevation changes reduce the range of visibility.
  3. Fast. Its straights, especially the back and front straights, get superbikes to super-high speeds, which isn't what CSS is mostly about.
With that said, I would pay considerably more to do a camp and additional track days at COTA via CSS. Especially since the resurfacing of the bad sections, it is such an amazingly beautiful track. It's a bucket list place for any enthusiast.

Are deals available on private tracks like the excellent Eagles Canyon Raceway? I haven't been there, but several friends tell me it's really nice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts