BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2021 S1krr

6K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  Ravenbravo 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 2021 s1000rr looking into some accessory modifications to do that don’t dig deep into pockets...
Never had a bmw motorcycle so I don’t know which brands are the best.

my list so far consists of:
Taller windscreen
Tank pads
Radiator/oil cooler guards
Tail tidy
Frame sliders
Clutch/brake lever gaurds

If there are any recommended brands you guys can shout out that’ll be great.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Check here
These are great

#3 ·
I have the Puig windscreen since it is what I am using on my 2015 and my 2018.
I have the EvoTech radiator guards and really like the design of those. The BMW version is made of some lighter weight plastic. Forgot the name of it.
I have the NRC tail tidy now. I tried EvoTech and it was great too, just larger and hard to get the license plate to lay back in a more stealth look.
I have the Gilles brake guard for the track.
XWORKS ECU flash, that I of course do for people mostly targeted to road racing.

Reactions: Oldman1
#4 ·
I have the Puig windscreen since it is what I am using on my 2015 and my 2018.
I have the EvoTech radiator guards and really like the design of those. The BMW version is made of some lighter weight plastic. Forgot the name of it.
I have the NRC tail tidy now. I tried EvoTech and it was great too, just larger and hard to get the license plate to lay back in a more stealth look.
I have the Gilles brake guard for the track.
XWORKS ECU flash, that I of course do for people mostly targeted to road racing.
i watched a review of the nrc tail tidy and looks like it’s not covering the entire rear, leaves a gap that shows the inside of the tail.Did you get the right fitment maybe they redid their product and now sits better?

#8 ·
My favorite windscreen is the one from BMW. The high tinted one, its not cheap but its thick and for me has the perfect tint. Not to dark and not light smoke color, but you may have different needs. Most screens are light smoke, clear or Black.
If you want engine protection I use these
When you add to cart use discount code 650ib

#15 ·
All items are made to order and shipped in the order received. Production time is dependent on numerous factors, making it very difficult to determine production and shipping time. Once your order is ready for shipping an email with tracking information will be provided. "This is a one man boutique shop so orders take longer than the large manufacturers". Thank you for your understanding and patience. $300
You could be waiting a very long time!

#31 ·
I thought the 2020+ tail was fine stock for street stuff. I picked up the Race Cover Kit for track days. Also, I was able to get all of the parts from the "billet pack" in the 2021 pinned thread, including the M rear sets. Excited for those to come in!

#35 ·
Here's what I got per your list:
  • Puig windscreen. It's a bit taller than stock and is composed of (harder) acrylic, not polycarbonate like many. I recommend clear so a camera behind the windscreen works better.
  • Futurismoto tail tidy, which is of better quality and design than the NRC. Unfortunately they have a production backlog, but I would wait rather than get the NRC.
  • R&G frame sliders. There are lots of alternatives and I don't have any opinion on which is best. Ideally they are strong enough to resist common drops and low-sides but not too strong that they bend your frame when they snag on something.
  • R&G case covers. Again, lots of alternatives here. The R&G fit/look great, but be careful on installation. Make sure you do a second pass to torque all bolts to spec. On initial installation I missed the second pass that left a couple of bolts under-torqued, which caused an oil leak that could have been disastrous.
  • Stompgrip Supervolcano clear tank/knee grips.

Here are a few others to consider:
  • Spools for a rear stand.
  • RAM ball mount in the steering column. For phone and/or camera.
  • Dual-USB outlet on the triple-clamp. This is for phone and/or cameras. Mine is wired to the battery with an SAE cable that can then also be used to charge the battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.