BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Banned

Registered
That's totally cheesy, let your OBD connector flop around..... I'd get something else, maybe the Yosh unit.
My OBD doesn鈥檛 flop around. Just one of the bolts for the nrc kit has to be shorter on the install that鈥檚 all. Mines bolted down in factory position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
My OBD doesn鈥檛 flop around. Just one of the bolts for the nrc kit has to be shorter on the install that鈥檚 all. Mines bolted down in factory position

Your OBD is able to be secured in the OEM location with the OEM mounting holes?

Dunno, IMO still not impressed with it. In fact, I left the tailsection on my '15 alone because I WANTED my plate and turn signals very visible when I put my panniers on it.

Registered
Your OBD is able to be secured in the OEM location with the OEM mounting holes?

Dunno, IMO still not impressed with it. In fact, I left the tailsection on my '15 alone because I WANTED my plate and turn signals very visible when I put my panniers on it.
Yes it鈥檚 bolted down in the oem spot. Hopefully this picture helps. Like I said earlier you do have to trim down one of the bolts for it to be this way though. Took like 3 seconds to do. If you look closely you can see one bolt is longer then the other. Either way the most important thing is that the owner is happy with what they choose to go with. Everyone will have their opinions on what they like and don鈥檛. For me personally I didn鈥檛 like stock. Of course function plays a role for each individual as well

Registered
The new rage unit while not exactly amazing to look at is really easy to tape up at the track over the stock.

Premium Member
Yes it鈥檚 bolted down in the oem spot. Hopefully this picture helps. Like I said earlier you do have to trim down one of the bolts for it to be this way though. Took like 3 seconds to do. If you look closely you can see one bolt is longer then the other. Either way the most important thing is that the owner is happy with what they choose to go with. Everyone will have their opinions on what they like and don鈥檛. For me personally I didn鈥檛 like stock. Of course function plays a role for each individual as well

You must have an older kit. The latest NRC FE comes with one bolt shorter than the rest for that reason.

Reactions: Pipes1021

Registered
You must have an older kit. The latest NRC FE comes with one bolt shorter than the rest for that reason.

Nice glad they addressed that issue. Yea I got the kit before February if I remember correctly

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Nice glad they addressed that issue. Yea I got the kit before February if I remember correctly

Yea, just finished installing mine a few hours ago, perfect fit no issues. The brake light wire though is a little short it鈥檒l almost feel impossible trying to get it on but it鈥檒l get there just be gentle and keep trying

Registered
I thought the 2020+ tail was fine stock for street stuff. I picked up the Race Cover Kit for track days. Also, I was able to get all of the parts from the "billet pack" in the 2021 pinned thread, including the M rear sets. Excited for those to come in!

Registered
Yea, just finished installing mine a few hours ago, perfect fit no issues. The brake light wire though is a little short it鈥檒l almost feel impossible trying to get it on but it鈥檒l get there just be gentle and keep trying
It was the license plate light wire, real short. They had a grove cut for that wire on the opposite side right instead of left, idiots.
The wire barley made it to plug in, and the wire shows at the license plate area. Dont like that, but it is what it is.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts