BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2021 s1000rr looking into some accessory modifications to do that don’t dig deep into pockets...
Never had a bmw motorcycle so I don’t know which brands are the best.

my list so far consists of:
Taller windscreen
Tank pads
Radiator/oil cooler guards
Tail tidy
Frame sliders
Clutch/brake lever gaurds

If there are any recommended brands you guys can shout out that’ll be great.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
360 Posts
Check here
These are great

·
Vendor
3,016 Posts
I have the Puig windscreen since it is what I am using on my 2015 and my 2018.
I have the EvoTech radiator guards and really like the design of those. The BMW version is made of some lighter weight plastic. Forgot the name of it.
I have the NRC tail tidy now. I tried EvoTech and it was great too, just larger and hard to get the license plate to lay back in a more stealth look.
I have the Gilles brake guard for the track.
XWORKS ECU flash, that I of course do for people mostly targeted to road racing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Puig windscreen since it is what I am using on my 2015 and my 2018.
I have the EvoTech radiator guards and really like the design of those. The BMW version is made of some lighter weight plastic. Forgot the name of it.
I have the NRC tail tidy now. I tried EvoTech and it was great too, just larger and hard to get the license plate to lay back in a more stealth look.
I have the Gilles brake guard for the track.
XWORKS ECU flash, that I of course do for people mostly targeted to road racing.
i watched a review of the nrc tail tidy and looks like it’s not covering the entire rear, leaves a gap that shows the inside of the tail.Did you get the right fitment maybe they redid their product and now sits better?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check here
These are great
Thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
360 Posts
My favorite windscreen is the one from BMW. The high tinted one, its not cheap but its thick and for me has the perfect tint. Not to dark and not light smoke color, but you may have different needs. Most screens are light smoke, clear or Black.
If you want engine protection I use these
When you add to cart use discount code 650ib

·
Vendor
3,016 Posts
i watched a review of the nrc tail tidy and looks like it’s not covering the entire rear, leaves a gap that shows the inside of the tail.Did you get the right fitment maybe they redid their product and now sits better?
As noted in the video.. no gap, good fit and function.

be sure to get the USA version as the EURO version is wired slightly different from USA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My favorite windscreen is the one from BMW. The high tinted one, its not cheap but its thick and for me has the perfect tint. Not to dark and not light smoke color, but you may have different needs. Most screens are light smoke, clear or Black.
If you want engine protection I use these
When you add to cart use discount code 650ib
Hey thanks! I’ll definitely be getting the protectors. And for the windscreen I already went with the puig.
thanks for your input

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you're willing to wait, Futurismoto makes a very nice billet rear FE
All items are made to order and shipped in the order received. Production time is dependent on numerous factors, making it very difficult to determine production and shipping time. Once your order is ready for shipping an email with tracking information will be provided. "This is a one man boutique shop so orders take longer than the large manufacturers". Thank you for your understanding and patience. $300
You could be waiting a very long time!

·
Registered
110 Posts
All items are made to order and shipped in the order received. Production time is dependent on numerous factors, making it very difficult to determine production and shipping time. Once your order is ready for shipping an email with tracking information will be provided. "This is a one man boutique shop so orders take longer than the large manufacturers". Thank you for your understanding and patience. $300
You could be waiting a very long time!
Actually, it's almost 3 month wait. I ordered it in early Aug and it was ready to ship last week. However, I cancelled it because I decided to use the funds for a diesel tune and I was willing to place an order again later on. The riding season is about to end so the bike's going to be garaged anyway.

In short, I can live with the trash NRC for a little longer. Futurismoto's one is a very nice one, however.

·
Vendor
1,122 Posts
Get rid of the flat spot with a proper ECU flash ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you're willing to wait, Futurismoto makes a very nice billet rear FE
I actually ordered the NRC, should be delivered to my house tomorrow. Talk about fast shipping eh and then I can always maybe resell it if I don’t like the look.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts