BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if post is in wrong location, new here.
So I purchased a '21 S1KRR, where I'm from we do a lot of drag racing. I currently lowered the front forks 2.5" and maxed my rear out. Problem I'm having is with the stock fender I came down off a power wheelie and sandwiched the fender between the tire and bottom side of the front end causing the fender to rip off, cracked my lower boot ears (luckily they held on still), and dented the oil cooler framing(no vanes were damaged luckily). Is there a way I can keep my front end from bottoming out the whole shock length or stiffen the forks besides the electronic DDC settings. I'm using the zip tie around the fork method to see how much their compressing and with max stiffness in DDC by measuring it looks like even stock height I'd be taking out my new Carbon fender.

I've also picked up the brocks performance caliper brackets and strap down kit for it. Not really pleased with how low I can get it with just the strap kit, maybe 1.5" and a lot of guys say they've gone 3" with it. Can I add a ratchet strap to it perhaps instead of using the pull strap they come with. That way I can put it back to stock height and ratchet it down all the way when I go to race.
PFA my bike lowered 2.5" on the forks and strapped down as much as I could get it.
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't expecting much, just went to hard into power, came up high and came back down hard. Seeing if guys have found a happy median with their bikes before I waste another fender. I have an idea of what I should do but wanted to get other opinions from guys that have been doing this for longer than I have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd hope it be more of "oh yes" seeing these things with simple bolt ons and a tune stock wheel base are killing everything and managed 8.60s at 170+mph in the 1/4 so far

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be raising the bike back up and utilizing the lowering strap kit. That pic "PFA" was just strapped down and lowered to see how it would look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts