BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
BMW Motorrad announced the new 2021 line up at BMW Motorrad model revision measures for the model year 2021..

This includes the 2021 M Package S1000XR. I've been waiting for this in part because I bought one, sight-&-pics-unseen, back on July 15th. At that time, BMW Motorrad was still embargoing the pics, so I only had other M Package bikes to guess what I was buying. Now that the pics are out, I am so stoked...

My bike has some differences from the above, most notably it has the Carbon Package and the M Forged Wheels, more below...

My bike is due in mid- to late-September. I haven't felt this excited since my pre-teen Christmas Eve years.

Any thoughts on how I should further trick it out?

JerryG 馃榿

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't agree more. From your pic, you have a red XR, I almost pulled the trigger on a 2020 red XR. Do you know if your color red is the same as the M "Racing Red"?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed the Brentune discussions. I鈥檓 leaning that way.

Registered
What was the damage?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
List was $26,355 as spec鈥檇 above, but I got what I鈥檇 call a good deal off that. It鈥檚 my first new bike since a BMW K75C I bought in 1987 (smoothest bike ever), so I figure I was due after many used bikes.

Premium Member
List was $26,355 as spec鈥檇 above, but I got what I鈥檇 call a good deal off that. It鈥檚 my first new bike since a BMW K75C I bought in 1987 (smoothest bike ever), so I figure I was due after many used bikes.
Heck yeah you were due. Don't be ashamed of spending money on things you love.
Congratulations!

Premium Member
Be sure to look into Brentune for the XR/R I got it done for my '14 R (not RR) and seat-of-pants showed no increase in power or top speed, I did get a sweet working QS out it however. Unfortunately, I did not do a pre-flash dyno base run, but I did after and it was 151h.p., this is mighty close to, if not the same as stock. It's been over 3 years now and I've yet to see anyone (Bren included) post before and after dyno sheets for the R. It clearly is advantageous for the RR. IMO for the results I would not do it again.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10
I鈥檓 confused. You say look into it like you think I should do it, but then you say you wouldn鈥檛 do it again. ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts