BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't expect significant changes for 2021. Probably a new color. Maybe the keyless ignition now on BMW's upper end bikes, especially its S1000XR sibling.
I don't think keyless ignition is an improvement on sport bike as you have to carry another thing on you. Especially not great in leathers.

As for 2021 changes I think we'll see more colours (black?) and official Euro 5 certification.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Told you:

2021 BMW S 1000 RR
  • New paint finish Black storm metallic Racing Red removed.
  • Changeover to EU-5
  • New optional equipment: Sports silencer*.
  • New optional equipment: M titanium exhaust system*.
  • New optional equipment: M milled parts package** (M clutch lever protector, M brake lever protector, M folding brake lever, M folding clutch lever, M engine protectors,
    M rider footrest system left/right)
  • New optional equipment: USB charging port
  • New optional equipment: M Endurance chain

·
Banned
113 Posts
The metallic paint and exposed tube subframe looks cheap in black, in my opinion. Compare to the last year Aprilia in matte black:

View attachment 212429 View attachment 212430

I wish BMW had done a MATTE instead of a GLOSSY black,
and I hope BMW still switches to a MATTE BLACK.
But, I'm more than happy BMW offered at least a black. 💗
I don't mind the exposed sub frame.

The silver frame and wheels on the Aprilia absolutely ruins that bike.
Sad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
With all the reliability issues the MY2020 has, I would too. I don't regret buying it, but I'm disappointed in BMW as a "premium" brand.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Will be similar to the one on the 18 model. Will be street legal and most likely contain the cat box. Basically a copy of the stock system but in Titanium and with a akra slip on lol. Not worth it. Won't be a race system because its ex factory.
Wonder if it will be just like the HP4 Akrapovic system. After spending all that money you'll still need to buy a $500 link pipe.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts