BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
‘21 S1000RR M Pkg
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have a 2021 S1000RR M Pkg with 6k miles. The K67 had been my dream bike ever since its reveal in 2019, and I am glad that I finally pulled the trigger after an accident in 2021. I did daily-drive my RR for a few thousand miles while my other bikes were being repaired. It's even been ridden on light dirt road couple times before!

The bike has the following upgrades:
  • EVOTECH Frame Slider
  • EVOTECH Axle Slider
  • EVOTECH Weighted Barend
  • BMW Radiator & Oil Cooler Guard
  • GB Racing Cover Set
  • Fullsix CF Passenger Seat Cover (removed passenger footpegs)
  • TST Fender Eliminator w/ Integrated LED Tail Light (Blue)
  • TWM Quick Release Gas Cap (Blue)
  • BMW M Mirror Block Off
  • Rizoma Turn Signal
  • Alpha Racing Chain Adjuster
  • PUIG Racing Windscreen (Light Smoke)
  • Pirelli Diablo Super Corsa
  • Vesrah Brake Pads VD-192XX
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design

Currently, the bike is leaking engine oil and is due for a timing chain tensioner "recall". These problems need to be addressed before I can ride it again. Feel free to ask me questions about any of my upgrades. I look forward to seeing you on the road!

· Registered
‘21 S1000RR M Pkg
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! Why's it leaking oil? Haven't heard too much about that being an issue!
Thank you! So far all I know is oil spots in my garage so I put a mat underneath the bike. Every couple days I see a fresh drop of oil on the mat. I won’t know for sure what the cause is until I take it in. Glad that BMW has the best warranty and service in the business! I will update once I know more.

· Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
387 Posts
You may want to recheck that the engine covers are tightened and sealed properly.

I say this since I noticed you have aftermarket engine covers on parts of the engine and my dealer mentioned he's noticed that original engine covers sometimes leak if not tightened correctly after install -- IIRC -- I think he said there is a seal of some sort when engine manufactured which can be damaged when several of the OEM bolts are removed to install the aftermarket engine covers.

Its not a brand issue but just that the OEM covers can come loose.

I have GB Racing covers also and they have never leaked -- just passing on experience of the Service Manager where I bought my bike.

· Registered
‘21 S1000RR M Pkg
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You may want to recheck that the engine covers are tightened and sealed properly.

I say this since I noticed you have aftermarket engine covers on parts of the engine and my dealer mentioned he's noticed that original engine covers sometimes leak if not tightened correctly after install -- IIRC -- I think he said there is a seal of some sort when engine manufactured which can be damaged when several of the OEM bolts are removed to install the aftermarket engine covers.

Its not a brand issue but just that the OEM covers can come loose.

I have GB Racing covers also and they have never leaked -- just passing on experience of the Service Manager where I bought my bike.
That’s a good point. When I installed secondary engine covers, I was sure to use a torque wrench. I should check again just to be safe. In any case, the leak seems to come from somewhere above the left foot shifter area, probably unrelated to engine covers.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Rim Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Toy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts