BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys?
I own a 2021 S1000RR track bike with stock electronic suspension. (I do have Alpha Racing 2D sensor installed)
I had a conversation with S1000RR and M1000RR riders a couple of months ago regarding the differences between the standard suspension (like on the standard S or M model) and my electronic ones equipped with the 2D sensor.
First of all, does the stock suspension on the M1000RR are the same as the ones on the standard S1000RR...?
If not, does anyone know what are the differences between them?
To be honest I thought the electronic ones become like the standard when you use the 2D sensor but one of the riders told me that the piston size inside the tube is bigger on the standard one and it is better for racing.
Basically what I want to know is if I should sell my electronic ones and get the standard because my bike is for racing only. (I know I can buy Ohlins but I'm curious about the OEM ones)
Thanks in advance for the help !

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a friend with the same bike and he replaced his passive suspension to Ohlins. He told me I can try them out if I want.
Right now, with my 2D DTC setup I'm a pretty fast rider and managed to come close to the track record without any major issues.
Anyway, all I want to know si if my DTC are the same as the Passive ones when I use the 2D sensor.
Thanks for your help bro, really appreciate it !

If anyone has more info it would be great.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts