BMW S1000RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1,241 - 1,260 of 1,418 Posts
Just watched the race, man that was awesome! Pecco got the jump and never looked back! I thought for a second that fabio was gonna make a run and that bastianini was gonna make a run for first as well, very exciting! It was great to see MM competing and still finishing a race finally!
Yup! Bastianini was on it, another future star! On a 2-yr old sh!t handling Ducati no less! LOL Yeah, MM rode a smart race, and was well positioned to pick up the pieces when Mir f@cked-up and ran both himself and Miller wide, and gifted MM that 4th place. MM got lucky there, but, luck favors the bold, so, he did the smart thing by being there to capitalize on it. That was a stupid move by Mir, and sad to see Miller lose 2 places because of it, but, that's racing. At least they didn't crash.

Good news ,It looks like Honda has finally came out with a totally new bike Day 1 Marquez rode it to 15th .Not great but you cant expect a totally new bike to come out of the box and top lap times . Best time of the day was Bagnia on 2022 gp22. I am sure he could have gone alot faster because new bike testing especially 1st day is just for feeling out bike .

Discussion starter · #1,247 ·
Guess I'll have to watch MM crash from the comfort of my couch... [emoji1787]
What’s your secret of this new found positivity? You know I wish for no one to crash but these guys are not just racing at the limit but trying to find how to push beyond the limit to where they almost crash. With that premise, honestly anyone can crash :)

What’s your secret of this new found positivity? You know I wish for no one to crash but these guys are not just racing at the limit but trying to find how to push beyond the limit to where they almost crash. With that premise, honestly anyone can crash :)
LOL I don't WANT to see anyone crash, even MM, I just thought I'd bust some ballz on the MM fanboys, especially our local "sped" tough guy. 🤣 And, well, MM HAS been crashing a lot lately, so... Regardless, I hope it's a good, competitive, clean race, with no injuries, not the usual MM running away. Booooorrrrriiiinngg... Hopefully the weather will be good for the races, but it doesn't look good, honestly.:mad: 82% chance of rain Friday and Saturday, and if true, qualifying will be a nightmare, and they'll have very limited dry running practice for Sunday IF it's dry. AND any heavy rain will wash rubber off and dirt ONTO the track. "Only" 31% of rain on Sunday, but, it IS TX, so... The only good thing is that initially it was only a 20-ish% chance of rain for the weekend when I checked a few days ago, so, HOPEFULLY since it looks like the front is moving in faster than expected, that it will dump today through Friday maybe, and then be gone for Saturday qualifying and the races Sunday.
Austin, TX 10-Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Channel | Weather.com

Hi gmen in the Crash podcast they pointed out Marquez injury is NOT his broken arm its his shoulder only. The broken arm has healed . If you ever tore a lower/upper rotator cuff, you know the good shoulder will not put stress on the injured/weak shoulder when using both arms in unison when you grab a bar . One shoulder with nerve damage effects Both arms if used in unison .(odd feeling when good shoulder just says...no... and just stops pushing if benching , doing curls ect) BUT if a nerve blocker is used it tricks the brain into thinking injured shoulder is healthy and it works well/very well until nerve blocker wears off ( NO it is not good for injured shoulder) When Marquez is dosed up by doctor he SHOULD? be near 100%. Crashing of course makes it much more difficult as nerve blockers can only cover(they slow nerve pulses to the brain) so much .Doctors can fix shoulders and will do so during off season ....but Marquez cant keep crashing dosing more and more and hurting shoulder more and more .

btw... to be politically correct ,sometimes nerve blockers /opiods are called anti inflamatories but they are not.

To check what i am saying ask any pain/sports doctor or professional trainer.

Predictions ? Well cota has 4 1st gear corners and 1 is before long strait . Very bumpy from f1 , tarmac is bad= chews tires. COTA is a survivor race.

1.Quarteraro 2. marquez 3. Martin 4 bagnia Even though the Ducatis turn well now ,I think the 1st gear corner then long strait will chew up high hp ducati rear tires .

I think he means Rins... it's Aleix (Ah-laysh) Espargaro not Alex lol

Marquez riding his a$$ off topping fp2. FYI the new chassis the announcers are talking about on marquez bike is a 2018 chassis , not the new bike seen in testing .

Seriously , Honda riders are used to riding a out of shape bike all year . Others riders caught out by massive bumps at cota

Discussion starter · #1,256 ·
Marquez riding his a$$ off topping fp2. FYI the new chassis the announcers are talking about on marquez bike is a 2018 chassis , not the new bike seen in testing .

Seriously , Honda riders are used to riding a out of shape bike all year . Others riders caught out by massive bumps at cota
Yeah, what the heck happened to the tarmac? Track is relatively new and has already gotten so bumpy. Seeing the suzuki struggle in corners speaks to the condition of the surface.

Yeah, what the heck happened to the tarmac? Track is relatively new and has already gotten so bumpy. Seeing the suzuki struggle in corners speaks to the condition of the surface.
The last time they ran there I remember the announcers saying the bumps were caused by the earth under the asphalt moving for some reason. Don't remember exactly but it wasn't just from F1 braking.

I enjoy seeing Miller do well.

As to the bumps, my recollection is they are caused by the drainage system which was damaged by serious flooding some years ago, coupled with the fact the track is built on clay. Silverstone had similar problems.

I like Miller's comment on the condition of the track: “The bumps are there but they’re there for everyone."

1,241 - 1,260 of 1,418 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.