BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1161 - 1180 of 1206 Posts

·
8,513 Posts
With numbers of crashes for MM, and recovery he was so close to winning. It felt like a repeat of race with Dovi.
Mir dicing through the field as usual, amazing how he got 3rd.
Looks like Yamaha riders all dropped quick.
Vinales was disappointing, thought he would be top 10 at least.

Reactions: Roehr1250sc

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Alex ,Marquez just did the roughly a 1/2 marathon. He should be tired . I didnt see him ...collapse? He was shaking hands ect immediately after the race and same energy as bagnia .Marquez was very sad. I go to one of the best Sports medicine/pain Doctors in the USA and he is an avid motorcyclist owns a Ducati V2 . He looked at Marquez case said even with infection no way should his injury last longer than 5 months .

Think about it the injury great PR excuse for both Marquez and Honda . If i was Marquez agent i would tell him to say injury lingering until he starts winning consistently. Ironically i see doctor tomorow will tell him Marquez still saying he isnt 100%
A) You're blind. I'm guess you're none to good at picking up on peoples body language in general.

B) You know its the shoulder, not the arm, right?
The shoulder was damaged before the accident. It will be what ends his career.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
751 Posts
Alex if Marquez ...collapsed... He would have been rushed to the hospital. Have you ever been in good shape, i mean in good athletic shape 6-7% body fat able to run 10+ miles at any given moment? He was TIRED. Your talking rubbish. Have You done a trackday or raced ITS EXHAUSTING after 10 laps running hard even if you are in shape .
I am talking about his accident where he broke his right arm and hurt his shoulder as is what marquez is talking about . Also doctor said if he was still having pain way after it should have been completely healed doctors would do exploratory surgery ......He... collapsed.. is BS not everyone is a drama queen like you .

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,164 ·
Great race and especially the final 3 laps. They kept showing Bagnaia’s 175bpm heart rate during those battles with Marc. The 2 of them were in a league of their own, no one else was close. Next few races will be fun to watch.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Wow, what a race! Amazing action on the last couple laps, they were certainly in a class of their own.

First off, I don't want to hear how Marky-Marquez wasn't 100% or that the Honda was a sh!t-handling bike. MM was able stay with Bagnaia the entire time, and neither he nor the bike faded. Unlike earlier races this year where you could say he faded because of his arm, there's no excuse this time. Bagnaia beat an at least 99% fit MM straight up, on his home track, where he usually beats everyone by a wide margin. MM put the screws to Bagnaia the ENTIRE time, for the entire race, and when it came time to dice it out in the last few laps, MM was not only unable to push the rookie into a mistake, but MM himself made the mistake, handing the race to Bagnaia. As Benny said, this reminds me of the MM/Dovi battles, where Dovi usually came out the winner in the races at least, if not the title.

You can't take nothing away from Bagnaia by making excuses for the fitness of MM or the Honda, Bagnaia beat him straight up. I think this kid is really going places, I'm seeing him as a MAJOR title threat next year, if Ducati can get the bike right and competitive at as many tracks as the YoMommaHa.

The only thing that surprised me about the race was, well, that MM didn't crash (LOL), and how far back everyone else was, and that Fabio was back in 8th! Bummer about Miller, I was hoping he'd come up and put MM back to 3rd place, and that Mir would put MM back to 4th, but, glad Mir rode a good, solid, race to 3rd. Maverick Vagines finishing back in 18th while Espargaro finished 4th doesn't surprise me. I'm just surprised his whining and excuses didn't get any airplay. He's already a "never-was" non-issue....

·
Registered
751 Posts
ZZZ i agree on MM being fit but the Honda is still sworst handling bike in motogp .
pol was 13th? taka 10th as usual . Even HONDA THEMSELVES say the honda rcv213 is a problem child/handling problem.
Why you who has never even did a track day claim to know more than ALL the experts is a sign of delirium . Your a poser .

Marc Marquez is one the best if not THE best Motorcycle racer of all time. 7 times MM tried to make the honda turn 7 times it just couldnt

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
ZZZ i agree on MM being fit but the Honda is still sworst handling bike in motogp .
pol was 13th? taka 10th as usual . Even HONDA THEMSELVES say the honda rcv213 is a problem child/handling problem.
Why you who has never even did a track day claim to know more than ALL the experts is a sign of delirium . Your a poser .

Marc Marquez is one the best if not THE best Motorcycle racer of all time. 7 times MM tried to make the honda turn 7 times it just couldnt
🤣 🤣Well Signore Bigotto, I gotta say, based on the actual results, the Hondas did well yesterday. I'd expect 2nd-tier riders like Pol And Taka to finish about where they were. H3ll, even Fabio finished 8th on the best bike in the paddock. Does he look 2nd-tier to you? I don't often agree with 'Finn, and don't even like him personally (not that that matters), but I'll always give credit where it's due: I totally agree with him that in fact the Ducati is the worst-handling bike in the paddock, it's only their engine and braking that make them competitive. I saw ZERO sign of any overt handling issues from the Honda yesterday, MM seems to be able to put it exactly where he wanted it, it was stable, and only got a little squirelly at times due to him pushing so hard, and it didn't spit him off. MM running wide and Bagnaia getting him on the cutback was simple physics. The fact that he was able to do it 7 times and NOT get spat off shows there's no major bike problem, regardless of Honda "supposedly" whining about it. I saw Bagnaia getting a little loose at times too. So, there goes those excuses. Face it, Bagnaia beat 99% fit MM and Honda decisively on MM's home turf, no excuses. Ouch. But hey, at least he didn't crash (again)!🤣

·
Registered
751 Posts
One thing about having Marquez the best rider on the worst bike honda, is that it can make for fantastic racing .

Fabio finished much better than the rest of the hondas and he had a defective rear tire .

https://www.motorsportracing.com Article ...Finally Bagnia gets it done with strait line speed and cornering speed by Matt Oxley

He said the Honda couldnt corner but i guess you know more than him with all your track day and racing experience .

ps finn is another honda fanboy that thinks he knows more than the experts .

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just watched the race, and... WOW... the last three laps were incredible! Great job by pecco maintaining his composure. You could see each time MM attempted or made an overtake, bagnaia just kept his cool, held his line and took it back or kept MM at bay. Awesome race. I honestly feel like MM could have made that last overtake and stuck it but...i think he's definitely apprehensive with the brakes, especially after crashing out as much as he has. I think it was a smart move to just focus on keeping the bike upright that last time. Helluva gamble, but helluva a decision too, i don't blame him he's being smarter however, is it too cautious? I still don't think he's 100% but he's definitely close, you can tell by his pace the last few races (before the crashes obviously). For Pecco to keep his cool the way he did that was an awesome job! Fabio struggled hard, sucked to watch Miller make that mistake and run wide, and wth happened to AM??

Reactions: ZZZ

·
Registered
751 Posts
Honda hasnt had a non Marquez win since 2017 and you think marquez is a 2nd tier rider as you put it?....Marquez is the only reason honda has won any championships.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Honda hasnt had a non Marquez win since 2017 and you think marquez is a 2nd tier rider as you put it?....Marquez is the only reason honda has won any championships.
Well Signore Bigotto, Dani left at the end of 2018, and then the ONLY top-tier rider they had was MM. Since then all they had was Bradl, Pol, and for a short time, Lorentho, who was washed up and looking to retire already. Cause, meet effect.

Say what you like about 'Finn, he's got an Engineering degree, and knows more about actually racing a bike than either of us. So, yeah, coming from the Engineering world myself, I agree with his assessment.

No more making excuses, MM is fit, and the Honda has shown it's pace...well, before MM crashes from being too aggressive.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Just watched the race, and... WOW... the last three laps were incredible! Great job by pecco maintaining his composure. You could see each time MM attempted or made an overtake, bagnaia just kept his cool, held his line and took it back or kept MM at bay. Awesome race. I honestly feel like MM could have made that last overtake and stuck it but...i think he's definitely apprehensive with the brakes, especially after crashing out as much as he has. I think it was a smart move to just focus on keeping the bike upright that last time. Helluva gamble, but helluva a decision too, i don't blame him he's being smarter however, is it too cautious? I still don't think he's 100% but he's definitely close, you can tell by his pace the last few races (before the crashes obviously). For Pecco to keep his cool the way he did that was an awesome job! Fabio struggled hard, sucked to watch Miller make that mistake and run wide, and wth happened to AM??
If Markey-Markwez isn't 100%, he's at least 99%. Like I said some time back, Kenny Roberts broke his back, and was winning like 9 weeks later! MM has ran out of excuses. He got beat, masterfully, at his home track. Maybe the torch has been passed. And, I think MM's finally gotten back mentally to where he needs to be. He ran a fast, great race yesterday, and was smart enough to realize that Bagnaia was the better man yesterday, and he shouldn't do anything stupid and take 2nd. Glad his ego didn't get the better of him and skittle Bagnaia.

As for Bagnaia, he withstood tremendous pressure the ENTIRE race, and decisively beat MM at his own (passing) game, and let nothing phase him. I think it's this "ice cold" head under pressure that will be his best asset in the future. So rare in a rookie, and EXACTLY the opposite of Maverick Vaginas, who let everything and everyone mess with his head. Probably one of if not THE most well-deserved first wins I've ever seen. Well done "Pecco"!

Of note, I'll go further. I think Bagnaia is a better racer than Fabio. Fabio seems to be blindingly fast....if he can get out front and stay there, or, only have to dice it out for a corner or 2 before he clears off. I don't think he could have handled therace-long pressure and multi-lap scrap Bagnaia withstood yesterday. A similar criticism that was leveled at Lorentho years ago. I think in a straight-up brawl like we saw yesterday, Bagnaia would come out on top vs Fabio. I hope we start getting to see that. Now, what could Bagnaia do on the factory M1....? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Just watched the race, and... WOW... the last three laps were incredible! . . . sucked to watch Miller make that mistake and run wide, and wth happened to AM??
The end of the race was a hoot! Very different bikes and riders fighting it out. It does not get better.

I, too, wanted Miller to do better. He is a good racer and works with the bike well - but things happen.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You have caimed MM was a 2nd tier rider on this site many times. now you say he was a top tier rider? make up your mind . I agree marquez is fit but like ALL the moto experts and honda themsevles have admitted the honda rcv213 is the worst handlng motogp bike .

Fabio just had a defective tire and Yamaha said they where upping power and the yamaha is the 2nd oldest bike on the motogp grid . I read some motogp experts suspect added hp is pushing the yamahas chassis to its limits . Quarteraro says there is a chassis problem but wont say what it is and WE are all guessing as WE are not there at trackside ect.
What ever it is Quarteraro is still lightning fast and consistent .

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
This would make sense. The Ducati's power eats tires. Miller knows how to ride the bike and how to conserve tires, but may have gotten bit.

"What ever it is Quarteraro is still lightning fast and consistent."

No kidding. The guy is a monster.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hello all, loved ..Expert analysis After the flag... for 2021 Aragon Motogp. Rossis comments to Bagnia where funny for the fact they where true .

BTW... Gotta give credit when credit is due. The Honda rcv213 might not be as fast as The Ducati GP21 but its dam close ,despite the honda rcv213 lower corner speeds in both tight and long fast sweeping corners .

Just read/heard (crash or motogp podcast ..Expert analysis after the flag ...Honda has new engine for 2022. Hopefully design is for better power delivery not an increase in power for better handling .

People forget that MotoGP bikes have SO much power now that just containing the horsepower they have now is a tough job .
But we cant have hp restrictions ect and go down the F1 path of a million regulations . We have THE most exciting form of motorsports on earth ....lets keep it that way

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thursday so Prediction for upcoming Misano . Tough to call. Track is tough on rear tires .Marquez said Aragon is a track that grip is not as critical as it is in Misano so he will be back with the same problems he has had with the honda all year and expects to finish back in usual 10th/13th ..Mir still wont have rear lowering device as Suzuki says there device is not refined enough for use in race but Mir/Suzuki easy on tires and best handler on tight tracks Misano isnt a high speed track so yamaha shoulnnt be using high hp map so Quartararo should be riding smooth and fast. Most people will be picking Bagnia but i can see big hp chewing up rear tires SO

1. Quateraro 2. Mir 3. Bagnia 4. Aleix Espargro 5. Marc Marquez 6. Miller

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thursday so Prediction for upcoming Misano . Tough to call. Track is tough on rear tires .Marquez said Aragon is a track that grip is not as critical as it is in Misano so he will be back with the same problems he has had with the honda all year and expects to finish back in usual 10th/13th ..Mir still wont have rear lowering device as Suzuki says there device is not refined enough for use in race but Mir/Suzuki easy on tires and best handler on tight tracks Misano isnt a high speed track so yamaha shoulnnt be using high hp map so Quartararo should be riding smooth and fast. Most people will be picking Bagnia but i can see big hp chewing up rear tires SO

1. Quateraro 2. Mir 3. Bagnia 4. Aleix Espargro 5. Marc Marquez 6. Miller

1161 - 1180 of 1206 Posts