BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1141 - 1160 of 1206 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Quateraro is riding wonderfully well. It does not appear the bike is holding him back.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Elk thats for sure. I am confident Yamaha will work hard and correct problem instead of relying on Quartararos skill to keep getting wins .

Quarteraro/yamaha looked much more stable/smooth in fp3

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,144 ·
Per Miller, Ducati is “turning more” at Aragon - what a crap handling bike it must be if that’s the low bar for it - seems like a freight train that manages to go fast on straights but they have to wrestle with it to turn. They should take motogp also to the zandvoort circuit next year - will be a nice test of handling.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Gmen the Ducatis must be handling well as they are 1st 2nd and 5th and broke track record . Crash.com did mid corner radar last race . Ducati , yamaha ktm, Aprillia al roughly the same Suzuki best and Quartaro best . In fp1 Quarteraro looked shakey but fp3 smooth . Quarteraro has stated this but Yamaha seems to figure it out but it seems to be intermittent .
The hondas are the bad handlers BUT they have good powerful dependable engines/transmissions . I wonder why they dont out source the chassis like yamaha did back in the 90s ?
Wayne Rainey won his 3 titles on a R.O.C chassis made in USA. ROC made a sweet handling chassis

·
Registered
751 Posts
Gmman im not a ..fan... of any manufacturer . I just do not like to see Honda attempting to make a bike just good enough for Marquez skill to win . The other manufactures try to make there bikes the best they can be no matter who is the rider . It costs more but safer to the rider .

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Gmen the Ducatis must be handling well as they are 1st 2nd and 5th and broke track record . Crash.com did mid corner radar last race . Ducati , yamaha ktm, Aprillia al roughly the same Suzuki best and Quartaro best .
The Ducati hate expressed here and elsewhere has nothing to do with the actual bike. The bike is fast around a track - like it or not.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Elk , ever since the Euro Superbikes surpassed the Japanese Superbikes in moto press comparisons in 2008 (the bmw s1000rr and Aprilia rsv4) .Many people have become euro brand haters .I dont understand why the japanese bikes are not bad the Euro bikes are just a bit better all around .I own or have recently owned all superbike brands except bimota (never wanted one-no appeal) and Benelli as they have always been a nightmare lol.

Ducati is the most innovative engineers in Motogp. They where the first to come out with Aero/wings ...rear wheel diverter/aero....ride height mechanism ect Then other copied from ducati . ... just giving credit where credit is due
FYI The Ducati was designed with 2 inch longer wheelbase so it would be fastest/most stable in long fast sweeping corners (which it is=gpone.com) Now they are trying to make it faster in tight corners to get best of both worlds . Its like back in the days of the 1098 Ducati picked acceleration over top speed as the tracks where tighter on the wsbk calender.

Haters....You can call Einstein an idiot but he is still Einstein .

BTW if honda designs a new bike and the experts/podcasts say its a sweet handler . i will be the first to agree

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
I enjoy watching the technical battle, as well as the work of the individual riders.

Ducati's engineers are constantly creative and clever. It must be something in the water, or the wine.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Good question.

My guess is in the early stages of this type of aerodynamics it was particularly difficult to balance downforce against drag and to determine what would yield fastest lap times.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Good question.

My guess is in the early stages of this type of aerodynamics it was particularly difficult to balance downforce against drag and to determine what would yield fastest lap times.
You're probably right. I think it was Jacques Villeneuve who drove a Lotus 49 in the past 10 years and characterized it as "floating over the road" at speed.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Ferrari were the first to put wings on an F1 car too. In 1968. Of course it was only two years after Chaparral did it. Wonder what took them so long?
I was going to correct you...until I saw the Chaparral reference. :) I used to LOVE watching the old big-block Can-Am cars! What absolute brutes!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Go Bagnaia! He's got over .3 in hand over even Miller. Is this when we see Bagnaia "break his duck" (old Cricket phrase I guess)? Hope so, that boy certainly deserves a win! I predict....Markey Markwez will crash again, hopefully without taking out another innocent victim.

Font Number Screenshot Document Rectangle

·
Registered
157 Posts
The lap was pretty much perfect. He doesn't have that advantage under race conditions. But I can see FQ20 haa his work cut out. Should be a Duc 1/2/3. But in what ordee I don't know

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,272 Posts
What a race! Reminds me of the old MM93 and Dovi battles. Marc was biding his time the whole race and he gave it his best shot but Bagnaia just didn't crack under pressure. He held him off very well and deserved his first win. Good to see MM93 having a crack again. That's what GP is all about. Best race we have had in a while. Hopefully as Marc gets stronger and he improves that bike in the right direction he can get better.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Benny , I am a Marquez fan but he is 100%.After riding entire race so very very hard he wasnt favoring shoulder ect . The shoulder has become the great scapegoat. Marquez was riding SO over the limit its a MIRACLE he didnt crash. Marquez still the fastest rider in the world .

Aragon best race since Rossi lorenzo in 2009 at ... Misano?

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can see how tired MM is. Once the adrenaline dropped he collapsed on the bike. Thats not a fit rider.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Alex ,Marquez just did the roughly a 1/2 marathon. He should be tired . I didnt see him ...collapse? He was shaking hands ect immediately after the race and same energy as bagnia .Marquez was very sad. I go to one of the best Sports medicine/pain Doctors in the USA and he is an avid motorcyclist owns a Ducati V2 . He looked at Marquez case said even with infection no way should his injury last longer than 5 months .

Think about it the injury great PR excuse for both Marquez and Honda . If i was Marquez agent i would tell him to say injury lingering until he starts winning consistently. Ironically i see doctor tomorow will tell him Marquez still saying he isnt 100%

1141 - 1160 of 1206 Posts