BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1121 - 1140 of 1206 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts

Race1
Suzuki
Honda
Suzuki
Yamaha
Honda
Yamaha
Ducati

Race2
Yamaha
Suzuki
Suzuki
KTM
Ducati

Good luck for **** box ducatis for Aragon 2021.

It is sad that Martin has to waste his time and talent with the worst handling crap bike of the grid. And risk his health, as Bagnaia did last year and missed three races in total because of injury. Oh, sorry, I forgot, Martin crashed this year and missed four races in total.
Martin or Bagnaia could easily win, but unlikely, because they will have to ride around the ducati sh1t box crap handling the entire race without crashing. Lolo yolo....
Ducati has power and good top end speed, but other than that, ducati needs a totally new bike.... Yolo lolo...
Wait....WHAT??? I thought the Honda was the "worst-handling bike" in MotoGP? 🤣 But, all joking aside, I tend to agree with you. Seems like, as in WSBK, that the Yamaha works great at almost every track, and where it doesn't work great, it at least works well. Ducati, and others, seem to work great at maybe 1 track, ok at some others, and sucking at the rest. It's Yamaha's consistency in both series that (probably) will win the title in MotoGP, and MIGHT win it in WSBK. I wonder if they've found something really interesting, Engineering-wise, in that elusive, "Voodoo" think called "feel" and rider confidence.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Jackie Stewart is awesome, glad to see him still active and commenting.

I wonder why he said the F1 cars never saw banking like this, when in fact they ran at the Monza oval in the old days, which had WAY steeper banking (21 deg), but he was probably talking about F1 in the more modern era. To be fair, the last use of that track for F1 was before his time as a driver. Interesting bit of history though.
Monza Oval - History of the abandoned banking - Circuits of the past

Looks like Zandvoort has twice the banking (18 degrees) of Indy (9):
Zandvoort banking to be twice as steep as Indianapolis (espn.com)

·
Registered
750 Posts
ZZZ even you know honda is the worst handling bike in motogp. Also honda riders , honda or and expert motogp podcast .Hopefully being honda is such a handling mess, honda will use there influence to increase testing time .Better yet go back to the unlimited testing manufacturers used to have .
I have never did a track day in a car nor follow f1 so i cannot comment on F1 or any auto racing.

im off feeling lousey.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Scrolling down my Google News feed and I saw "Marquez ahead of aragon lap record in FP1..." 10hrs ago...I keep scrolling then I see "Marquez explains what happened in crash at FP2..." 9hrs ago lol! He's trying lol, he's definitely trying, and if he's under the lap record I'd say he's back to form but....crashes man...the crashes....wtf?? Lol

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Scrolling down my Google News feed and I saw "Marquez ahead of aragon lap record in FP1..." 10hrs ago...I keep scrolling then I see "Marquez explains what happened in crash at FP2..." 9hrs ago lol! He's trying lol, he's definitely trying, and if he's under the lap record I'd say he's back to form but....crashes man...the crashes....wtf?? Lol
To finish first, you must first finish... It's only a matter of time before he hurts that arm again, and that might be the end of his career.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Looks like the top 7 are faster in FP2 than Markey-Markwez was in FP1. He's down in 20th in FP2. Miller is about .4sec faster than MM was yesterday. We'll probably see a lap record on Saturday and/or Sunday. Hope Bagnaia can improve. He deserves a win.

Font Number Pattern Document Monochrome

·
Registered
750 Posts
SRod where are you getting info ? Marquez best lap was in fp1 1:48.08 record is 1:46??? and he was slower in fp2 Crashed on his best chassis bike which is from 2019. Marquez ended up 20th? fp2= 1 Miller duc 2 Espargo Aprilia 3 Crutchlow yamaha 4th Zarco duc 5 Martin duc Quartararo 7th

No one was really fast being record is 1:46?? 2019 Marquez Many still setting up ? is best guess

SRod where you getting info from a general sports news channel like Sports Center ect? They always get info screwed up.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I must say that the announcers where really pushing for marquez .(local boy being Aragon ) They also kept saying his Honda had a new chassis ? Ended up NEW chassis is from 2019. Which he destroyed ,so now he is left with 2021 chassis unless they can rebuild the old bike extremely fast.

Marquez crash= Hondas a one line bike no rear grip no feel front and no grip. MM gets off line front washes away.

Prediction= Honda fails trying to fix 9 year old rcv213 in 2022 . Marquez signs for another manufacturer .Making ZZZ a happy man lololol

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,131 ·
Is that the top-speed in that column - high 340kmph? I wonder if they’ll get close to 400kmph in the next couple of years and whether the racesuit safety tech can even keep up with the potential injury profiles.

I’m hoping for a good outcome for Honda in Aragon.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Is that the top-speed in that column - high 340kmph? I wonder if they’ll get close to 400kmph in the next couple of years and whether the racesuit safety tech can even keep up with the potential injury profiles.

I’m hoping for a good outcome for Honda in Aragon.
I believe it is, 344kph is 213.75mph. 400kph is 248.5mph, which I can't see them ever hitting. It's only 35mph difference, BUT, the aero drag is not linear but the square of the speed. So, look at the power required to go from 0-20mph, vs 20-40mph, which looks to be 4 times that. As you can see from the curve (not the best graph, for bicycles I think, but the best I found in a quick search), the more vertical it gets, the faster it goes vertical, and that curve goes only up to 54mph, imagine what that curve looks like at 200!
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
450 Posts
I believe it is, 344kph is 213.75mph. 400kph is 248.5mph, which I can't see them ever hitting. It's only 35mph difference, BUT, the aero drag is not linear but the square of the speed. So, look at the power required to go from 0-20mph, vs 20-40mph, which looks to be 4 times that. As you can see from the curve (not the best graph, for bicycles I think, but the best I found in a quick search), the more vertical it gets, the faster it goes vertical, and that curve goes only up to 54mph, imagine what that curve looks like at 200!
Man to go 250mph (heck if we are talking 248.5mph what is 1.5mph between friends). I agree, odds are not in favor of such speeds. But electric bikes will be taking over. Will they be able to achieve such crazy speeds? But wouldn't getting to those speeds be the easy part? You have to accelerate to that speed, and then slow down for the next turn. The acceleration required? What kind of brakes would it take? What kind of G forces will the rider have to endure? Insane! :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I said i was scrolling in my Google News feed. He might've been on pace to beat the record when he crashed? I honestly don't know, i just read it, wish i had screen shot it lol

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Man to go 250mph (heck if we are talking 248.5mph what is 1.5mph between friends). I agree, odds are not in favor of such speeds. But electric bikes will be taking over. Will they be able to achieve such crazy speeds? But wouldn't getting to those speeds be the easy part? You have to accelerate to that speed, and then slow down for the next turn. The acceleration required? What kind of brakes would it take? What kind of G forces will the rider have to endure? Insane! :)
Yeah, it'll be tough! The MotoGP bikes are about as powerful as their technology will allow (F1 with it's insane RPM's and bore/stroke ratio or yesteryear maxed at about 300hp/L with pneumatic valve springs - not allowed in MotoGP I think), so, the only way they could even get close is radical aero, like the old dustbin fairings. Which, while great for land speed record attempts, will probably never be allowed in MotoGP. A MotoGP engine in a Bonnieville fairing would probably do 250-ish, maybe a little more. And, as you said, they still need to get slowed down for the next corner, so, I'm thinking they'll probably max around 230mph. And then, with the "eco/PC" nannies trying to kill racing, we may see the FIM cut displacement or at least fuel per race, so, there's that drop in performance coming.

·
Registered
750 Posts
All the manufacturers had agreed/wanted to go to 119kg for handling? but nothing came of it which would help top speed .Also if fim/dorna added Paul Ricard to the calender as it has a tremendously long strait . But its also tremendously dangerous track so the fim wont add the track.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hi Gman Honda had a non Marquez since 2017 with Dani Pedrosa . Im not saying marquez cant pull off a win he is the fastest rider ever . But it doesnt look like he is the odds on favorite lol.

BTW Did anyone notice Quartararo bike was looking a bit flexxy again? Quartararo has been saying the bike has a problem but wont state what it is ? Quateraro is my pick to win as he is riding his a$$ off at every race .

1121 - 1140 of 1206 Posts