BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
821 - 838 of 838 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Australia doesn't want us filthy foreign types bringing disease to their shores.
I get it but I don't know what the exit strategy is for them. (I haven't looked either). At some point they have to let travel recommence...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Throughout the history of man there has ALWAYS been some disease or another lurking about to kill people. At some point you have to let LIFE commence. You flat out cannot stay locked down forever, the economy and rule of law will collapse. Maybe the people of AU will eventually get tired of the tyranny and vote them out of office.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Tyranny is over used by people that disagree with a course of action.

Tyranny is over-employed by people who have assumed total control over the people they're SUPPOSED to represent.

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Let's please drop the hyperbole and stick to MotoGP. If you want to posture about COVID-19, please start a thread in the lounge.

MotoGP content: Australia has travel restrictions and cancelled. Malaysia may do so as well.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Let's please drop the hyperbole and stick to MotoGP. If you want to posture about COVID-19, please start a thread in the lounge.

MotoGP content: Australia has travel restrictions and cancelled. Malaysia may do so as well.
...aaaand looks like maybe COTA will be a victim of this as well. THAT, is something at least I can and will dig into. They still haven't gotten back to me. Maybe I should lie to them and tell them I represent a big company and am willing to book a couple hundred seats and some press suites....

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #827 ·
Definitely room for Dovi to find a spot. Dani Pedrosa also seems interested in returning though both his KTM factory test team’s seats are taken. 2022 could be fun.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Definitely room for Dovi to find a spot. Dani Pedrosa also seems interested in returning though both his KTM factory test team’s seats are taken. 2022 could be fun.
I'd like to see Franki go to the factory Yamaha squad and Dovi come back and run a factory Ducati, or ride one for VR 46 IF it was competitive machinery.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dovi and Ducati parted badly... can't see that being patched up.

Imo Dovi is done, there's too much Moto2 talent, much cheaper, coming through.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dovi and Ducati parted badly... can't see that being patched up.

Imo Dovi is done, there's too much Moto2 talent, much cheaper, coming through.

I agree. As much as I've always liked him, I think Dovi screwed the pooch by taking a year off.

As far as Pedrosa's concerned...in his prime he was only an intermittent winner. There are a lot of fast, aggressive kids in the field now. One VR is enough. Don't need another.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #831 ·
Looks like all those months away from racing were really hard for Marc - good video of his comeback:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hello all FYI former wsbk champion Sylvan Guintoli has a great video on you tube .... The rear brake.... on how to use rear brake correctly on track days / racing
The only reason Dovi could even compete with Marquez is because Dovi was on a MUCH better machine .Now dovi is 39? I agree tat there are too many new fast riders out there now .

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Great little vid about how difficult the 500's were to ride. Glad I was able to see these legendary, raw machines!
MotoGP

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #835 ·
Excited to see Dani could be back on the ktm. He helped make it so competitive.

·
Registered
583 Posts
ZZZ you dont have to go back in history to see a bike thats difficult to ride ?The 2021 Honda RCV213 is difficult to ride just ask the riders LOLOLOLOL

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
ZZZ you dont have to go back in history to see a bike thats difficult to ride ?The 2021 Honda RCV213 is difficult to ride just ask the riders LOLOLOLOL
SRSLY, nothing in the 4-stroke era compares to the 2-strokes for difficulty. You hear M!ck talk about it in the vid. If you weren't in the maybe 3,000RPM powerband, it was likely to highside you. You have never ridden a big 2-stroke dirtbike like my KX500, have you? Or one of the H1's? Those are riders who never rode a 2-stroke.

·
Registered
583 Posts
ZZZ many , many years ago i bought a Yamaha tz 750 that had an airplane magneto light for head light . (ungoddly bright) Took out girl who worked at DMV in Harrisburg pa to.. fudge .. paperwork to make it road legal? lol Anyhow , powerband was 3000rpm and brutal , like a light switch . Sold it a month later , only rode it a handful of times but no fun as road bike it was like work .

ZZZ do you remember ...Superbikers ?.... Best 500cc gran prix riders vs best flat trackers vs best motocrossers .
The Motocrossers REALLY shot there mouths off predicting not only to win but DOMINATE.
Track was mostly motocross ,2 flat track corners and very little road race tarmac

The Motocrossers all got there A$$es handed to them finishishing last by a WIDE margin . Road racers won by a Wide margin .

821 - 838 of 838 Posts