BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
801 - 820 of 838 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I really like this guy, smart Engineer that seems to really know his sh!t.
He is making entertainment for people who get their kicks from F-bombs.
But the calculation is way off, because he does not care about aerodynamic drag etc.
So he really knows his sh1t, especially bullsh1t.

·
Registered
460 Posts
@Roehr1250sc

Here you go...headshake?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
He is making entertainment for people who get their kicks from F-bombs.
But the calculation is way off, because he does not care about aerodynamic drag etc.
So he really knows his sh1t, especially bullsh1t.
Well, he said he used "average" calculations, and said up front there was likely to be some errors, and yes I saw immediately that he was NOT including aero loading, which would be a guess anyway since nobody knows what the Cd is.

So, you seem pretty handy with numbers (I suck at math, I'll admit it), care to use his data points and calculate some numbers? I agree with you (Damn, did I just say that? LOL) that the number seems quite low. Like I said, not knowing Cd is a drag (pun intended), but I'd be curious to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
@Roehr1250sc

Here you go...headshake?

"...we don’t know if this pumping was related to the electronics or to the soft tyre or to the chassis."

Funny he said that, but at least from the camera view, I didn't see any of that and I don't remember the commentators saying they saw it either. Hmmm... I'd say let's see the telemetry data, but...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hi baron , Honda just needs to develop new bike . Every dog has its day, The rcv213 is 8 years old in 2013 the bike had ? 60?less hp . They can build a top bike and they cant rely on Marquez skills to be there whole motogp effort forever .

BTW Donington is shaping up to be a GREAT wsbk race PRAY for sunny skys

·
Registered
365 Posts
There he is! We were starting to worry about you lol!

Reactions: ZZZ

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hi Srod worn out buddy of mine and myself went out to the roads around the Nuclear power plant off of rt 724 lots of squidds meet up there my buddy loves my Worked MV F4RR. I rode his Ducati 1299. Roads are smooth wide and twisty . We all run a wide loop like a make shift track. About 20+ bikes showed up . My Buddy was running rings around everyone untill the .. Brat pack showed up . They are young guys whos families have more money than god . 5 guys , good riders and they litterally put 40k into every bike they own There Ducati V4R Rocket ship . My MV F4RR was the fastest bike there and there V4R just pulled away on the straits like My buddy was tied to a post . Even there odd ball builds are incredibly fast . 2008 Triumph Sprint ST1050 with Rotrex supercharger kit AND Top tier Suspension front rear , electronics , best Bremb brakes ect ect 460lbs custom carbon fiber rims 240hp handling is phenominal . ANYHOW wore me out . Its a fun time hit or miss on how many people show up but great roads in any case and cops stay away . Stae police area at far end of there territory .
FYI when i was doing bike builds, the Brat pack was my .. evil empire ..it seemed every time i had an idea for a unique build or start unique build , they would do the same build but better . I wouldnt spend anywhere near as much as they would on same project .. Sometimes i would just .say i was going to do a build so they would do it if build outcome was ..risky lol

ANYHOW all check out WSBK at donnington competition giving Rea all he can handle ... maybe more ?

·
Registered
460 Posts
@Roehr1250sc ,
You're riding in my back yard! I'm very familiar with the roads south of the river near Pottstown.

Where were you riding? I'd love to learn some new roads to ride.

Can you create a Google map and post a pic or share it?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Baron i am lousey at computers i wish i vcould even post pics But if you are on 724 the roads towards the towers are beautiful . Cant miss the cooling towers as you know . Another Great area is Quarryville off route 100 through all the apple orchards rolling hills no cars good roads . i found the squids riding off 724 during the pandemic .we are off topic so i will attempt pm

Sorry delay very tired . ... Barron very easy , as your leaving Phoenixville on rt 29 you will come upon fork in the road right is rt 29 ,left 724 taake rt 724 for 5 miles and make left on one of the 3-4 roads all lead back to maze of twisty roads hills = really nice riding area . You will see an old foundry at another fork in back roads the building is made of LARGE stone from 1700s . if its a squid day youlll see sportbikes bikes riding in small groups ect . Actually hard to miss

·
Registered
82 Posts
Morbidelli deserves the ride. If nothing less than he will be up to speed immediately, is a moto2 champ and is not going to throw his toys around

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I like both Frankie(m) and Dovi, but to be honest Frankie deserves the seat. He could well have been World Champion last yearif a couple races had panned out differently.
Dovi is definitely the more seasoned of the 2, and might be more easily able to take the contract, but I tend to agree, I'd like to see Frankie take Vaniales's seat and Dovi go back to Ducati since they seem to be doing better.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Aussie MotoGP has been cancelled.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #818 ·
I don’t get it - Phillip Island is canceled but Sepang is on - how? Is covid going easier on Malaysia or do they have no travel restrictions?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Australia doesn't want us filthy foreign types bringing disease to their shores.
I get it but I don't know what the exit strategy is for them. (I haven't looked either). At some point they have to let travel recommence...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Australia is trying to stamp out an outbreak of the highly infectious Delta variant of COVID-19, especially in Sydney. nly 6% of the population is vaccinated. Australia has been trying to combat COVID-19 with strict social distancing, border restrictions, contract tracing and lockdowns. They have worked quite well overall, but it has got to be exhausting and there are obvious downsides.

Malaysia has been in lockdown for a bit over a month now due to a large rise in cases. The race is at the end of October. It may be cancelled.

801 - 820 of 838 Posts