BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
781 - 800 of 838 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
where did you get that info ?

the announcers where talking about tires Quote ....falling off a cliff..... and riders sliding all around .No getting around fact new tarmac chews up tires . Why do circuits use vulcanized rubber (pay much more for it) if it made no difference . non vulcanized tarmac has great grip but its like screwing to hottest girl in town only to find out she has the clap lol i am not even discussing this subject is so basic ..racing 101

·
Registered
82 Posts
Morbidelli is on the factory Yamaha team. Petronas will have 2 open seats when Rossi retires.
Is that a prediction? Or are you seeing an official announcement somewhere?

I should hope he does btw.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
The thing is, I get what @speedfinn is saying. If the tires were THAT affected by the "new" tarmac, the lap times would've reflected it as riders would've struggled to keep grip meaning they'd obviously have to slow their pace in order to maintain grip and NOT slide everywhere. It's very difficult to still run lap times consistent or even faster than the first 5 or 10 when you're "sliding" around, am I right?

Reactions: ZZZ

·
8,410 Posts
Rossi signed a deal with Ducati for 46 Sky team. It would be a conflict of interest for him to stay in Yamaha. He is out for 2022 with SRT. He may ride for Ducati. Which is stupid as he is done riding. If he cannot finish top 10 on M1 he is not gonna do any better on Ducati. Maybe just for marketing purposes.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Srod the announcer said the tires ..fell off a cliff .. i believe the announcer . . New tarmac is sharp , porous and this makes it very abrasive and has aloewt of grip.This can give you a good lap time UNTIL you start running out of tire . Then lap times ... fall off a cliff . Again racing 101 i know very little about auto racing but same applies. I owned a race team been in the situation Not an arm chair quarterback that just got a video pass and thinks he knows more than experts on Motogp podcasts who job is to know all aspects of racing and are actually at the events .

Benny Aprilia is taking Huge chance With Vinales . He is inconsistent now, whats is he going to be like after 8 or 9 months off? FYI Yamaha factory now has money in budget to hire/ buy out Raul Fernandez contract from KTM

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Rossi signed a deal with Ducati for 46 Sky team. It would be a conflict of interest for him to stay in Yamaha. He is out for 2022 with SRT. He may ride for Ducati. Which is stupid as he is done riding. If he cannot finish top 10 on M1 he is not gonna do any better on Ducati. Maybe just for marketing purposes.
Not neccessarily. His TEAM is contracted to use Ducati. In theory, he, as a RIDER could ride a Yamaha for another team if there wasn't a "conflict of interest" clause in either contract (i.e. him having privileged info about both teams). In reality, that's probably the case.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,116 Posts
Morbidelli was the obvious choice. Possible Fernandez from Moto 2 goes to Petronas even though KTM would love to keep him. Lets see how that one goes. Mav will be crap on the Aprilia. His mental issues stop him from moving forward. That bike won't be any different. He will just complain about something else.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Srod the announcer said the tires ..fell off a cliff .. i believe the announcer . . New tarmac is sharp , porous and this makes it very abrasive and has aloewt of grip.This can give you a good lap time UNTIL you start running out of tire . Then lap times ... fall off a cliff . Again racing 101 i know very little about auto racing but same applies. I owned a race team been in the situation Not an arm chair quarterback that just got a video pass and thinks he knows more than experts on Motogp podcasts who job is to know all aspects of racing and are actually at the events .
I'm not denying what the announcers said, I heard it clearly. I was listening for it since I watched a recording of the race yesterday and you had mentioned that on Sunday. I just didn't see that with what I personally saw. To my understanding, once grip starts to "fall off a cliff", you will almost immediately see that reflected in the lap times. Am I wrong? You can't maintain the same or consistent lap times if you're losing or lost grip. You'd have to slow your pace to reduce the stress on the little bit of grip you have left so you don't crash resulting in drastically slower lap times. I didn't see THAT much of a difference in lap times. I DID see the disparity in tiers of riders, for example alex marquez, gerloff and so on in the distant rear. But again, to ME the lap times seemed consistent enough to reflect decent grip throughout the race. I began to wonder what the announcers were talking about. Marquez IMO would've competed for a podium if it weren't for him having to start 20th, but I didn't see anything that reflected his tires "falling off a cliff". That's a LOT of ground to make up and the fact he made up 8 positions in the first lap is to me incredible. In regards to the grip being lost maybe I missed something? Not trying to argue, just trying to understand.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'm not denying what the announcers said, I heard it clearly. I was listening for it since I watched a recording of the race yesterday and you had mentioned that on Sunday. I just didn't see that with what I personally saw. To my understanding, once grip starts to "fall off a cliff", you will almost immediately see that reflected in the lap times. Am I wrong? You can't maintain the same or consistent lap times if you're losing or lost grip. You'd have to slow your pace to reduce the stress on the little bit of grip you have left so you don't crash resulting in drastically slower lap times. I didn't see THAT much of a difference in lap times. I DID see the disparity in tiers of riders, for example alex marquez, gerloff and so on in the distant rear. But again, to ME the lap times seemed consistent enough to reflect decent grip throughout the race. I began to wonder what the announcers were talking about. Marquez IMO would've competed for a podium if it weren't for him having to start 20th, but I didn't see anything that reflected his tires "falling off a cliff". That's a LOT of ground to make up and the fact he made up 8 positions in the first lap is to me incredible. In regards to the grip being lost maybe I missed something? Not trying to argue, just trying to understand.
Lap times don't lie, announcers are always suspect... Besides, what, only MM's tires went off? ;)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Would the low fuel and therefore less weight counteract the tyre wear so that the lap times were consistent?

·
Registered
365 Posts
@Amok that's a good question, I honestly don't know... maybe?? But that would mean that you wouldn't be able to tell at least with the naked eye that tires are losing grip... you wouldn't necessarily see slip would you? Definitely not from a TV screen lol, maybe in person? I don't know....

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
where did you get that info ?

the announcers where talking about tires Quote ....falling off a cliff..... and riders sliding all around .No getting around fact new tarmac chews up tires . Why do circuits use vulcanized rubber (pay much more for it) if it made no difference . non vulcanized tarmac has great grip but its like screwing to hottest girl in town only to find out she has the clap lol i am not even discussing this subject is so basic ..racing 101
So you are just too busy sh1tposting your bullsh1t and you do not even bother to check your delusional "facts".

As I said earlier:
If you compare 2019 Assen race lap times and 2021 Assen race lap times, all results and lap times available at Motogp com Results:
You will notice that there is nothing special in 2021 lap times/ tyre wear, everyone has consistent lap times.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Haven't seen @Roehr1250sc post in a while, he usually responds in a few hours. I know he's dealing with a health issue, I hope he's okay.
I'll post about how the Honda is the BEST-handling bike in the paddock, that'll bring him out for sure! :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, cancer sucks. I don't agree with him on much (if anything), but I don't want to see people suffer or worse.

781 - 800 of 838 Posts