BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

281 - 300 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was surprised by the amount of crashes early on in the race. Alex Marquez dumped it early, I wonder what happened. I would like to see him perform better just because. I KNOW he can do better, I just wonder if the Honda really IS that bad with issues or if it's the riders.

·
Registered
369 Posts
SRod go to 99 seconds on You Tube .Jorge Lorenzos You Tube site Quote... The Hondas have front end problems and have had so for YEARS with No Solutions ...And he is being PC/Nice lol SRod you are Correct Alex Marquez won a Moto2 championship he didnt Forget how to ride ? Think about it ALL Hondas riders have been top tier riders . They are just not Marc Marquez fastest rider ever good and cannot ride around the RCV213 handling problems . If the Honda was a good handler other riders would do well you dont see other manufacturers have 1 rider do well and all others fail. Also if Honda was good handler M. marquez would be doing at least some Super fast laps or getting pole then fading back during race IF he is getting tired ect .

Ironically like what happened with Quartererros arm pump situation

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
ZZZ Soooo what makes you think the honda is a GOOD Handling bike and Marquez skills are gone? ... I will wait lol .
Easy: The simple fact that he BARELY beat Espargaro....

At that level there are no "bad handling" bikes, especually no "sh!t handling" bikes, some are just better than others in some areas, weaker in others. If MM was in better shape, he'd be doing better than deep mid-pack, but the fact is, he's NOT back in shape, either mentally or physically. MAYBE he can come back, maybe he can't. Time will tell. If it was really the bike holding him back he'd leave. Usually there are clauses in the contract specifying both rider and bike performance, that gives either the team or the rider a way out.

·
Administrator
7,804 Posts
Official Jerez MotoGP Test Times
  1. VINALES Maverick SPA Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP 1’36.879
  2. RINS Alex SPA Team Suzuki Ecstar 0.034
  3. MIR Joan SPA Team Suzuki Ecstar 0.431
  4. NAKAGAMI Takaaki JPN LCR Honda 0.469
  5. ZARCO Johann FRA Pramac Racing 0.556
  6. ESPARGARO Pol SPA Repsol Honda Team 0.627
  7. OLIVEIRA Miguel POR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing 0.629
  8. MARINI Luca ITA SKY VR46 Avintia 0.680
  9. MORBIDELLI Franco ITA Petronas Yamaha SRT 0.748
  10. BAGNAIA Francesco ITA Ducati Lenovo Team 0.811
  11. BINDER Brad RSA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing 0.819
  12. ROSSI Valentino ITA Petronas Yamaha SRT 0.821
  13. BASTIANINI Enea ITA Avintia Esponsorama 0.838
  14. ESPARGARO Aleix SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 1.006
  15. MARQUEZ Alex SPA LCR Honda 1.291
  16. MARQUEZ Marc SPA Repsol Honda Team 1.424
  17. LECUONA Iker SPA Tech 3 KTM Factory Racing 1.495
  18. MILLER Jack AUS Ducati Lenovo Team 1.576
  19. PETRUCCI Danilo ITA Tech 3 KTM Factory Racing 1.729
  20. RABAT Tito SPA Esponsorama Racing 1.947
  21. SAVADORI Lorenzo ITA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 2.145

·
Registered
863 Posts
Rossi was in the thick of things last season. If memory serves me right, within a short period of time he had two wrecks (taking him out of contention), tested positive for Covid, GF became pregnant and he became engaged (maybe he was engaged before announcing pregnancy). Maybe all these events changed his frame of mind? Wouldn't be the first I have seen a racer drop a gear or two once they start having a family. My $0.02 worth, ymmv. Also, I don't think Rossi and Morbidelli are using the same bikes. Rossi is using the 2021 Yamaha, and Morbidelli is using last year's bike.
And nearly got smacked by a cartwheeling Honda.

·
Registered
369 Posts
ZZZ when i say .... crap handling bike ... i have put in ( for a motogp bike ) to clarify. Of course its not like a 1969 Kawasaki H2 (Fyi the new model H2 is the worst handling superbike on the market= just google Kawasaki H2 frame and its blatantly crear why = i own one= very comfy though)

My gripe with honda as a maquez fan is not that its the worst handling motogp bike , these things happen . But like Lorenzo said .. its had handling problems for Years and they have not fixed it.Th3 Honda RCV213 has been getting worse every year since 2015 on . Yamaha had crap handling bike (for motogp) in 2018/2019 But they worked hard and fixed it . Ktm has crap handling bike Now but they are working hard to fix it

Marquez can push front end like he always has but now the chassis is SO flexy it goes into head shake during hard braking and tank slappers under hard acceleration . It also gets unstable at high speed midcorner Anyhow , the factory honda just has TOO many problems for marquez to out ride and the competition factories bikes have gotten better the Honda has taken yet another step backwards . Put marquez on a Ducati,Yamaha Suzuki you will see the old Marquez from 2013/2014.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
ZZZ when i say .... crap handling bike ... i have put in ( for a motogp bike ) to clarify. Of course its not like a 1969 Kawasaki H2 (Fyi the new model H2 is the worst handling superbike on the market= just google Kawasaki H2 frame and its blatantly crear why = i own one= very comfy though)

My gripe with honda as a maquez fan is not that its the worst handling motogp bike , these things happen . But like Lorenzo said .. its had handling problems for Years and they have not fixed it.Th3 Honda RCV213 has been getting worse every year since 2015 on . Yamaha had crap handling bike (for motogp) in 2018/2019 But they worked hard and fixed it . Ktm has crap handling bike Now but they are working hard to fix it

Marquez can push front end like he always has but now the chassis is SO flexy it goes into head shake during hard braking and tank slappers under hard acceleration . It also gets unstable at high speed midcorner Anyhow , the factory honda just has TOO many problems for marquez to out ride and the competition factories bikes have gotten better the Honda has taken yet another step backwards . Put marquez on a Ducati,Yamaha Suzuki you will see the old Marquez from 2013/2014.
So...all that explains why MM is .8 slower than his teammate now in testing? Interesting...

·
Registered
369 Posts
ZZZ on Marquez leaving...1. He makes 25 million dollars a year at Honda . Honda pays best . 2. He financially keeps his entire family . 3 As of 2019 he had not even moved out of his Parents house he lives like a 12 year old . His mother does his laundry cooks his meals . His brother is the same = strange? A documentary was done of the brothers home life . Its not in his nature to change surroundings . He is the fastest rider ever but not the smartest lol. M.Marquez did come close to leaving when Hondas Public Relations director called press conference to say the RCV213 was the reason for hondas titles Not Marquez talent . Marquez got pissed honda reversed statement saying its Was Marquez talent and they where trying hard to improve the RCV213 handling . Then 25 million a year offer came about . ALSO in podcast after 2019 title Marquez himself said ... Honda not so good handling . Must improve , I ride at 65 degree angle no room for any mistake too too much risk.

I have followed this for years hoping Marquez would not become another Kevin Schwantz story .None of us likes change and when your young you think your invincible .The honda RCV213 is now 8 years old . Honda needs to make a new bike ,or Marquez should leave. IMO the father should have said in 2019 ,take the lower offer for a better/safer ride

ZZZ your a smart guy . Not a squid saying...Dude my 2001 Gixxer 600 did 202 mph ? But you have to take off the honda goggles lol. Yes they where great in the 1980s but after Mr Honda died (his last project was the honda fireblade ) Honda has become a car company after the personel he hired have retired .Seems like accountants have replaced the engineering/racing passion that Mr Honda was so known for .

Now i gotta see this new kid Acosta in moto3. Unfortunatly i just have a 15? inch lap top. Need to see on 60 inch flat screen to pick up on the fine points of his style of riding .

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
ZZZ your a smart guy . Not a squid saying...Dude my 2001 Gixxer 600 did 202 mph ? But you have to take off the honda goggles lol. Yes they where great in the 1980s but after Mr Honda died (his last project was the honda fireblade ) Honda has become a car company after the personel he hired have retired .Seems like accountants have replaced the engineering/racing passion that Mr Honda was so known for .

Now i gotta see this new kid Acosta in moto3. Unfortunatly i just have a 15? inch lap top. Need to see on 60 inch flat screen to pick up on the fine points of his style of riding .
MM would leave if he thought he didn't have a chance to be Champion BECAUSE of the bike. NO Champion is going to let a bike hold him back for any length of time, regardless of money. I'm saying this from following MotoGP for almost 4 decades.

Great in the '80's? Hmmmmm, from what I remember, MM won all his Championships in the 2000's...

·
Registered
369 Posts
ZZZ meaning Honda was passionate about engineering and racing.Riders are people too they dont like change . Kevin Schwantz Suzuki was Always down on power and he always tried making power deficit in corner speed . Thats why he was such a crasher . Schwantz never left Suzuki .

FYI im old too been following 500cc/MotoGP since 1977.

Speaking of the old days , when Honda tried to race 4 strokes vs 2 strokes back in 1981/1982 with the oval piston 500cc monque chassis i thought it was great even though it was a big failure. When they built the 500cc 2 stroke with fuel tank under engine and exhaust on top through the fake fuel tank i thought it was great yet another big failure .
WHY because of passion .Honda was trying hard . Mr honda spent 1-2 hours at HRC every day. Do you think the CEO at honda does this now?

Now, Since 2015 Honda has been like an absentee land lord . Bike has been getting worse every year and Honda has relied on Marquez talent . ZZZ if you cant see /hear the Honda RCV213 has been the worst handling motoGP bike for YEARS You are a defiant delirious Honda fan boy ? i am not going to explain blatant obvious situation . When it looks like a duck swims like a duck walks like a duck.... its a duck

HI ELK/benny yes you are correct he looks to be the genuine article. Here is why is so fast.... His team manager took one look at the poor ugly kid and thought, he will Never get laid .

SO he told Acosta IF he wins the Moto3 championship he can screw the Hottest umbrella girl in Motogp.

UNSTOPPABLE ! ever since. lololol

Seriously, Acosta is actually pushing/sliding a Moto3 bike!!! You know how hard that is to do on the thin tires/thin frame ect of a moto3 bike?. Its incredible.

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
I, too, find his control remarkable. I hope this translate into a smooth style on bigger bikes.

I always enjoyed Lorenzo's elegant effortless riding when he was at his best.

·
Registered
369 Posts
ZZZ FYI Marquez has been great in 2000s Not honda . To be specific from 2015 on Honda has been worst handling bike in MotoGP . Marquez won his titles despite honda not because of honda .

Question to All.... How many times has Quartarro had arm pump surgery ? i was told that if 1st operation is success your good to go forever. But if it reemerges 2nd operation just takes the pain away in ordinary day to day activities . If you strain arm after 2nd operation pain/swelling comes back quicker. 3rd operation arm is even more apt for swelling/pain ect ect

·
Registered
243 Posts
I found this to be interesting... interview with Pol Espargaro after Jerez, you have to honestly wonder if it's the bike or the rider. Not taking sides here ZZZ lol, just trying to look at all angles

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I found this to be interesting... interview with Pol Espargaro after Jerez, you have to honestly wonder if it's the bike or the rider. Not taking sides here ZZZ lol, just trying to look at all angles
Interesting. That's the first I've seen someone other than 'Roehr complain about the Honda. :ROFLMAO: :p Though the fact that Nakagami, a much lesser rider was 4th, and yet MM barely beat his teammate in, what, 9th (that high ONLY due to attrition), well.... Maybe they were having trouble at that particular track, but I still don't see it as a "sh!t handling bike". That's way too much of a blanket statement. MM should have been at least up where Nakagami was.

·
Registered
369 Posts
go to lorenzos you tube site he says honda has handling problems ANY moto news site ect has stated the honda is handling problem child my god the list is as long as my arm and what on this website said the hondas handle well????

The honda is the worst handling bike in moto gp the results show this along with annoncers ect ect .... bucking bronco was last deragatory remark i heard from annoncers

Benny also said the honda has front end issues . Benny how did you come to this statement ?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The honda is the worst handling bike in moto gp the results show this along with annoncers ect ect .... bucking bronco was last deragatory remark i heard from annoncers
Yup, that Nakagami, definitely a 2nd (or 3rd) tier rider finishing 11th shows how bad it really is. ;)

Too bad MM's bag of tricks isn't as big as your bag of excuses for him... :p

281 - 300 of 410 Posts