BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

261 - 280 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
ok Benny can you put SPOILER in title ? My mistake forgot to add . I did Jerez separate to put in SPOILER because in USA the races are not live anymore so you cant go on you tube ect because the race results are posted.

i

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 · (Edited)
The accident / right arm is definitely screwing with MM93’s head. I sure hope this is not the beginning of the end for him and he can jump to the front again.

Quartararo absolutely killing it. What’s perplexing is the Morbidelli vs Rossi qualifying times. I am worried Razlan will lose it and fire Rossi mid-season. That guy is aggressive and means business.

·
Registered
243 Posts
At this point you have to wonder what's going on with Valentino. I mean he says physically he feels fine, they just keep chewing up tires...?? 🤷🏽‍♂️ Yet Fabio is running away with things on his yamaha... are the setups THAT different? Is Vale's age just showing? Is it time to call it a career? I don't remember Franco's times from this qual but unless I'm mistaken, his performance has been surprising and not in a good way judging by last week. So again.... it's the setup to blame? The chassis? The tires?? If I'm mistaken or misinformed please correct me, I'm just curious as to what's going on.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Actually, I just read Franco qualled second, so that's two yamahas in the top three to start the race. So again...whats the deal with Vale? I honestly think it's farther time.... and he's just fighting it kicking and screaming lol

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
322 Posts
Rossi was in the thick of things last season. If memory serves me right, within a short period of time he had two wrecks (taking him out of contention), tested positive for Covid, GF became pregnant and he became engaged (maybe he was engaged before announcing pregnancy). Maybe all these events changed his frame of mind? Wouldn't be the first I have seen a racer drop a gear or two once they start having a family. My $0.02 worth, ymmv. Also, I don't think Rossi and Morbidelli are using the same bikes. Rossi is using the 2021 Yamaha, and Morbidelli is using last year's bike.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Rossi was in the thick of things last season. If memory serves me right, within a short period of time he had two wrecks (taking him out of contention), tested positive for Covid, GF became pregnant and he became engaged (maybe he was engaged before announcing pregnancy). Maybe all these events changed his frame of mind? Wouldn't be the first I have seen a racer drop a gear or two once they start having a family. My $0.02 worth, ymmv. Also, I don't think Rossi and Morbidelli are using the same bikes. Rossi is using the 2021 Yamaha, and Morbidelli is using last year's bike.
And, born: February 16, 1979, age 42 years.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The first thing aging effects is precision . I remember boxing training at 25 I could hit quarter size sticker on heavy bag with 3-5 punch combinations hard and fast right on the mark without thought/effort. At 45 still fast and ko power but precision was to left/right /up/down by 4 inches LOL

I have a feeling Rossi isnt hitting his lines with accuracy as he did in the past

·
Registered
369 Posts
Gmten you are correct . Now we KNOW he is at least hurting like he was hit by truck. Has a crash on his mind and a crap handling hike he is fighting all around the track.

Right now Marquez couldnt make out in a womans prison with a carton of ciggaretts lol

ZZZ give Marquez a break he is on the worse handling bike in MotoGP. You have to be blind not to see it and deaf as the announcers state the fact almost daily . lol

Went riding with 3 buddies who are raced and now are avid track day riders . After ride we watched Potrtimao and they said its not Marquez making mistakes the Honda has gotten even worse and engine power is tying vhassis into knots..

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
ZZZ give Marquez a break he is on the worse handling bike in MotoGP. You have to be blind not to see it and deaf as the announcers state the fact almost daily . lol

Went riding with 3 buddies who are raced and now are avid track day riders . After ride we watched Potrtimao and they said its not Marquez making mistakes the Honda has gotten even worse and engine power is tying vhassis into knots..
:ROFLMAO: You kill me man... Dunno what you watch, but I have a MotoGP subscription and they're not bagging on the Honda constantly.

If only his bag of tricks was as big as your bag of excuses...:p

·
Registered
369 Posts
ZZZ was shocked to see Nakasagi in 5th he was using old frame and he seems to either do a balls to the wall hot lap or crash .But he must have totally free track.He cant pass to save his life. .

ZZZ MotoGP channel does great video but is SO politically correct . They never say a bad word about anyone . Even when the rider in moto3 or moto2 ? tried to crash another rider on purpose by comming next to him and pulling on his handlebar down fast strait .MotoGP had ..No Comment ... ALSO you can see the bike is a crap handling bike .ZZZ you raced or have done many track days correct ? MY buddies had me rewinding MArquez moments Portimao race.constantly explaining how the engine power is twisting up chassis as they called it .
There is a reason all good /great riders cant seem to break into top ten
BTW terms like bucking bronco and uncompetitive is PC for crap handling bike lol. No one wants to piss of Hondas big $$$ support in MotoGP

ZZZ FYI I am Not making excuse for Marquez ... Look at Hondas track record without MArque Hondas finish 10th 12th 14th . If you go anywhere else but motoGP channel you will hear this , if you read race results you will see this .... ZZZ your a closet honda fanboy lol

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
I am pleased with today's results.

And, as to a different race, how about Pedro Acosta? Amazing.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
Nice 1-2 finish by Ducati boys!

Rossi 17th with his teammate in 3rd - I’m starting to get worried for him. So many great memories of the legend, this is just heartbreaking to watch. Hope they don’t replace him with a very hungry Dovi mid-season.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
ZZZ was shocked to see Nakasagi in 5th he was using old frame and he seems to either do a balls to the wall hot lap or crash .But he must have totally free track.He cant pass to save his life. .

ZZZ MotoGP channel does great video but is SO politically correct . They never say a bad word about anyone . Even when the rider in moto3 or moto2 ? tried to crash another rider on purpose by comming next to him and pulling on his handlebar down fast strait .MotoGP had ..No Comment ... ALSO you can see the bike is a crap handling bike .ZZZ you raced or have done many track days correct ? MY buddies had me rewinding MArquez moments Portimao race.constantly explaining how the engine power is twisting up chassis as they called it .
There is a reason all good /great riders cant seem to break into top ten
BTW terms like bucking bronco and uncompetitive is PC for crap handling bike lol. No one wants to piss of Hondas big $$$ support in MotoGP

ZZZ FYI I am Not making excuse for Marquez ... Look at Hondas track record without MArque Hondas finish 10th 12th 14th . If you go anywhere else but motoGP channel you will hear this , if you read race results you will see this .... ZZZ your a closet honda fanboy lol
LOL You crack me up... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
369 Posts
ZZZI didnt see the crash in warm up, but i have stated before his bike has head shake under braking . BUT he could have just lost front end grip , these things do happen to the best racers .

BTW did you hear the annoncers say... the 2021 honda has REAL problems.... when explaining why Nakagamy went back to old chassis?

I was happy to see M.Marquez NOT pushing in this race. But in this race he wasnt fighting bike like usual. Yes he wasnt at the front I Think/Hope he has smartened up and just said.... no im not riding around this crap handling bike.

ZZZ what was your [reditions ? I had 1 mir 2 Bagnia 3 Quartararro

Didnt see Miller winning , thought Quartararro might crash while leading because he was flying on fast sweepers and according to Quararraro thats the only weak point in his yamaha .I didnt see arm pump being problem thought that was fixed.. Bagnia ... Great race but his rear tire was gone last 10 laps of race .

ZZZ Soooo what makes you think the honda is a GOOD Handling bike and Marquez skills are gone? ... I will wait lol .

·
Administrator
7,804 Posts
Acosta is next level. Can't wait to see him get to moto2 and gp. Good to see Jack get a win. Much deserved. He's been under the pump lately. Not performing in the factory seat. Fabio really would have won by a mile. Not good he had arm pump and dropped down so far. MM93 was not too bad considering the front end issues him and Pol had. Some big crashes for them both but lucky to walk away. Really want MM93 to be upfront again. Good to see Franky get up there. proving the Yamaha can get it done. Vinales and Rossi struggling.

261 - 280 of 410 Posts