BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 844 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are your top-3 for this year?

I think that, in some order, the points table could be dominated by: Mav, MM93, Quartararo

·
Registered
462 Posts
Who are your top-3 for this year?

I think that, in some order, the points table could be dominated by: Mav, MM93, Quartararo
I like Maverick, but he's SO inconsistent and seems unable to ride around problems.

I think MM will take a while to get back up to speed.

Quartararo is a talent for sure but so are the Suzuki boys and don't forget KTM. Brad Binder is a fierce competitor.

I'm so looking forward to MotoGP again. I guess it's going to be on NBCSN again.

Wish they'd broadcast Moto2 and 3

·
Registered
587 Posts
Bagnia is the dark horse. The writing is on the wall for MM. As long as he has to ride around the Hondas crap handling he is destined to crash yet again .and he has gotten fragile from all the previous crashes . He should have gone to Ducati , KTM (MM always demands top power)

·
Registered
931 Posts
The Suzuki boys could do well again.

Aprilia could learn a few tricks from this team, God they are hopeless.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think it’s going to be another weird season....

I’m a big Rossi fan, but I’ll be keeping watch on the KTM squad.

Quat oh what ever is over rated, so is Vinales who hasn’t done much since his little crash at COTA a few years back. I like the Suzuki’s but if MM picks up where he left off it could be a big Yawn all the way to Valencia..

·
8,422 Posts
GSXR RR boys, possibly Honda boys. No hope for the rest.

·
Registered
587 Posts
z00 Honda boys? The Honda is THE worse bike on the grid .Without marquez its lucky to finish in the top 10. Hondas race chassis design dept seems to have come from the auto division the RCV213 has crap handling (for a motoGP bike) and even the much hyped CBR1000RRR is said to have an ..inherent.. chassis problem as said by the Honda factory WSBK team .

Added HP always puts more strain on a chassis but honda knows this I would think they would have taken this in account and acted accordingly?

Then again Honda is trying to get more HP out of there F1 engine and deal with rule changes in F1 so Motogp is 2nd priority.

·
8,422 Posts
^ Not the bike, it's the rider and team support that win championships. Honda's riders potential is in the top 3 easy.
If we base winning on the bike, then the GSXR will win, it's the most balanced bike in MotoGP.

If wsbk Honda SP bike has a chassis problem, it still was top 5 in wsbk. Where is BMW and others? It shows, it's the rider.

·
Registered
587 Posts
z00 Honda finished 9th and 10th down 247 points! The rider certainly does make a difference but its a combo of rider and bike in most cases . Marquez is just so good he made a winner out of a bad handling machine. Ducati is thought to be the best all around machine the Suzuki the best handling (because Suzuki didnt get into the Ducati ,honda KTM horsepower war)

At the end of 2020 season honda was so lost and desperate to get so flex in the chassis they where unbolting the rear engine motor mounts . HRC has never been the same after Mr Honda died.
Hondas replacement riders are fair . Bradl is good in rain or bad conditions (windy,rain bad track ect ) Espargro does well when bike set up is dead on to his preference . Listening to reports they say not much has been done to the RCV213 so top 3 is unlikely unless Marquez comes back earlier than the projected mid season .

·
Registered
587 Posts
It isnt like Honda hasnt made sweet handling MotoGP bikes,the RCV V-5 was a good handler. What happened? who knows?With all the designed to be a World Superbike winner hype of the CBR1000RRR I thought it was going to be at least a podium machine right out of the box . Especially with Batista a proven winner as a rider . Acura auto division designed an entire motorcycle. The Honda PC800 Pacific coast very odd suspension, the bike handled like a wallowing old cadillac .(honda trivia)

FYI the BMW S1000RR was considered the best handling bike on the 2020 WSBK Grid it was just down on power. Hopefully the updated M1000RR engine redesign this will be the case in 2021

·
Registered
587 Posts
Baron/all if your into Race engineering like i am... Race Engine technology magazine in the UK. BEST race tech info I have ever seen . The get all the inside engineering updates ect ect. The magazine covers all forms of motor racing and Factories seem to tell them stuff they dont tell other sources . Every year the magazine gives awards for best engine technology in motorcycles auto boat ect ect and its an award the factories covet/want.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,143 Posts

Marc Marquez included on Qatar Provisional Entry List
The eight-time World Champion is provisionally included on the list of riders that will compete at the opening round of 2021
Tags MotoGP, 2021, GRAND PRIX OF QATAR
Repsol Honda Team’s Marc Marquez has been included on the Entry List for the 2021 Barwa Grand Prix of Qatar, as the eight-time World Champion edges ever closer to being fit enough to ride his RC213V again.

In an interview with his Repsol Honda Team, published on Monday, the number 93 confirmed that he is feeling “better every day” and hopes that he can be in Doha for the opening round of the season. Marc Marquez has been forced to miss pre-season testing at the Losail International Circuit, but both rider, the team and millions of fans around the world will hope he can be passed fit for Round 1.
Full Provisional Entry List for the Barwa Grand Prix of Qatar:
5 – Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing)
9 – Danilo Petrucci (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing)
10 – Luca Marini (SKY VR46 Avintia)
12 – Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP)
20 – Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP)
21 – Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamahaa SRT)
23 – Enea Bastianini (Avintia Esponsorama Racing)
27 – Iker Lecuona (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing)
30 – Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu)
32 – Lorenzo Savadori (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini)
33 – Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing)
36 – Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar)
41 – Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini)
42 – Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar)
43 – Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team)
44 – Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team)
46 – Valentino Rossi (Petronas Yamaha SRT)
63 – Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team)
73 – Alex Marquez (LCR Honda Castrol)
88 – Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing)
89 – Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing)
93 – Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team)

1 - 20 of 844 Posts