BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
3,711 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
just relaying what the sales manager at my local BMW dealer advised to me when I asked about the new front calipers. I just placed my factory order in for a 2021 S1000RR so we'll see when it arrives by May :)
Did your 2021 S 1000 RR arrive? I'm interested to learn if the "M series" chain and Akrapovic (slip-on) long exhaust is now standard or if both of those items are aftermarket changes. And congrats on the new bike!

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
I will update in the next week, as my bike is at the dealer now awaiting PDI. It has a build date of March 19th, and on the factory build sheet is said M endurance chain standard. However, nothing was mentioned about the akro exhaust.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Akra slip on is an option for canadian market for $1165 code 19G sports silencer, M endurance chain is standard from sept 2020 production.
My production date is Mar 11,2021. Bike is in canada but haven't arrived at the dealership. I was also told BMW is giving me $850 credit for delays in shipping. Hoping to get the bike sometime this month.

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
Akra slip on is an option for canadian market for $1165 code 19G sports silencer, M endurance chain is standard from sept 2020 production.
My production date is Mar 11,2021. Bike is in canada but haven't arrived at the dealership. I was also told BMW is giving me $850 credit for delays in shipping. Hoping to get the bike sometime this month.
It should be here anytime...probably at the warehouse already. What dealer did you buy it from?
I was told there was an $850 credit too. But when I talked to the dealer this week to order all the accessories they said it was only $800.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It should be here anytime...probably at the warehouse already. What dealer did you buy it from?
I was told there was an $850 credit too. But when I talked to the dealer this week to order all the accessories they said it was only $800.
My dealer is argyll motorsports in Edmonton, AB. The last update I got was customs processing at Montreal Port, that was May 21st and next location was brampton. Dealer said usually 7-10 days once it reaches bmw warehouse which I think is in brampton. $800 or $850 I dont mind, I ordered a bmw high windshield for $405, probably pick up a sport 2 rear stand as well when I hear the bike is ready to pick up.

Here is my build

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
Our bikes were probably all on the same shipment. Mine arrived at the warehouse about May 28th. It arrived at the dealer June 8th in Toronto. Hopefully it will be at your dealer this week.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Our bikes were probably all on the same shipment. Mine arrived at the warehouse about May 28th. It arrived at the dealer June 8th in Toronto. Hopefully it will be at your dealer this week.
Yes they told me it will be in the warehouse on the 27th if all goes well at MTL port and then 7 - 10 days to reach the dealer so I guess its about time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any idea when they will announce the 2022 model? i.e. when did they announce the 2021 model in 2020, July/August.

I ordered an S1000RR last October but the day I was supposed to pick the bike up (early November) I was informed about the brake recall. I cancelled my deposit in January 2021 (also dealer was unresponsive). There are no 2021 models available here in CA bay area, unless you want one with a build date 2019/early 2020, so I'm going to order a 2022 model year.

Seems to be a big shortage of these bikes in the USA + my local dealer is not exactly helpful i.e. they want to add $950 on top of the MSRP delivered price (note which already inc $450 s/h) and charge $600 for the first service.

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties order, finding an S1000RR?

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
New model changeover in the factory is August production. They will announce new colours and options around September/October/November.
Cool! Will wait to hear about the changes. Presently, there’s not a lot of inventory here in the bay area.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dealer is argyll motorsports in Edmonton, AB. The last update I got was customs processing at Montreal Port, that was May 21st and next location was brampton. Dealer said usually 7-10 days once it reaches bmw warehouse which I think is in brampton. $800 or $850 I dont mind, I ordered a bmw high windshield for $405, probably pick up a sport 2 rear stand as well when I hear the bike is ready to pick up.

Here is my build

View attachment 217009
View attachment 217010
M Chain and sports silencer is subtle update but still a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
813 Posts
Looks like my bike arrived at the dealer, I was told this morning to wait for a call to schedule pick up!

41 - 60 of 70 Posts