BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Problem with lowering link is that i'll need a different/adjusted kickstand. and it also throws off the bike dynamic - i tried on a former bike. I'm just at the ball of my feet at 5'6.
I feel your pain in like 5’9- 5’8 one of the two. Im on the balls of my feet with the standard seat. I got the low seat and it did help some but still can’t flat foot. It did help a little. Others mentioned in my post about buying a used seat for cheaper and cutting foam to your specs. Lowering link will def throw off bikes dynamic. Not sure how much it will be affected by pivot point but probably not to the degree of a lowering link I would think and kickstand should still be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hope they never put keyless start in these kind of bikes. What's wrong with putting the key in it's home? What am I supposed to do with it otherwise? Find somewhere else to put it and likely end up digging into me on a ride..? Idk I'm yet to be convinced of a benefit of keyless ride. In a car maybe but not on a sports bike

·
Registered
414 Posts
Incl for 2022

Apple Carplay
Android Auto
DLR option in menu standard
New color option (two or three tone)
New tail piece like Single R
And Brake solution back to Brembo

🤣🤣🤣 for first 2 options/ideas

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Apple Carplay
Android Auto
No AC/AA or even touch support on the new 1250RT dash. The same dash or smaller version of it will presumably be used across the BMW line up in the upcoming years. Apparently it's based on the Bosch mySPIN platform, which is a proprietary integration platform for OEM manufacturers and application developers.

One of the notable features of the said platform is "Access for OEM to vehicle data (e.g. wear statistics of vehicle components, usage statistics". Data is one of the most valueable resource for manufacturers. BMW will soon know how and where you ride, so their marketing partners can sell you more crap or, for example, make you go to dealer more (Aprilia does this already by logging "track kms" in the ECU to reduce service intervals), deny warranty, increase insurance premiums, supply law enforcement with evidence or just expose it accidently to unauthorised access. Interesting times.

Links:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Calipers were rectified mid 2020 mate. They are not leaking from factory anymore.

They won't ever replace them, as it will rise vehicle cost. Plus, there is nothing wrong with them, they are excellent.
Well, you are in an different country. Here they stopped selling bikes because of the calipers and I got a recall. Mine are fine, but maybe others not.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I just wish they would rectify the current issues
Calipers
Coils
Forks
Cold start
BMW appears to be dealing with the caliper issue now fully. If I had time, I would create a Hitler bunker (Downfall) episode about this.

I haven't heard of coil issues for a while. This may be already fixed?

Forks? Clunky? Wasn't this relatively rare and somewhat innocuous?

Cold start is an emissions-compliance issue and fully rectified by a good flash tune.

--

I want to see Motorrad open up the Bluetooth telemetry system to enable third-party apps to provide good performance display and analysis without a separate data logger.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Well, you are in an different country. Here they stopped selling bikes because of the calipers and I got a recall. Mine are fine, but maybe others not.
Recall is just a formal procedure that they had to do according to your country's law. There is no recall elsewhere in the world.

I also had a 'recall' you can say, by just phoning the dealer and asking to fix leaked calipers (mine was manufactured Dec 2019).

Thats about it. They wont put new calipers on 2021 model, they will just keep selling Hayes. Gen4 is 2019 bike, so the first refresh won't happen until 2022 ? (I'm talking in normal World years, not in fake american years)

·
Registered
795 Posts
BMW appears to be dealing with the caliper issue now fully. If I had time, I would create a Hitler bunker (Downfall) episode about this.

I haven't heard of coil issues for a while. This may be already fixed?

Forks? Clunky? Wasn't this relatively rare and somewhat innocuous?

Cold start is an emissions-compliance issue and fully rectified by a good flash tune.

--

I want to see Motorrad open up the Bluetooth telemetry system to enable third-party apps to provide good performance display and analysis without a separate data logger.
Forks - Clunk, yes! My 2021 clunks with less then 400 miles!
Coils, yes still issue for some as are calipers. No issues with last gen coils, forks or calipers!
Cold start from emissions? Then why dont other bikes have this problem from any other manufacture?
I dont know why some want to down play BMW failures for not rectifying issues that have been going on for 1 1/2 years when you spent 20K on a bike!
Im not loyal to any one manufacture as they arent paying me

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Hopefully more improvements trickling down from motogp like carbon brakes, forks, smoother and faster shifting, more weight reduction all around.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hopefully more improvements trickling down from motogp like carbon brakes, forks, smoother and faster shifting, more weight reduction all around.
BMW doesn't participate in MotoGP (nor are most if its current component suppliers) and substantial changes like that are unlikely for the third year update.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
BMW doesn't participate in MotoGP (nor are most if its current component suppliers) and substantial changes like that are unlikely for the third year update.
You’re right. Not specifically from their participation in motogp or wsbk but competitive racing is what pushes tech limits and seeds a lot of innovation some of which trickle down to road bikes over time.

·
Registered
813 Posts
New caliper is supposedly replacing hayes going fwd, from nissin apparently! This is for new production from March 2021- Not sure whats the fate of sold recalled units and those sitting in showrooms to be sold post recall..

·
Registered
2017 BMW S1000RR
1 Posts
also some new options that can be added to the bike such as the M Billet Pack, M Titan Exhaust System or the Sports Silencer option.
Does anyone have any information regarding the performance improvement for this system? Dyno charts?
BMW claims more torque in midrange, and a optimized mapping for this specific exhaust:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but called my local dealer and they have an order for M package going into production with a delivery date of June 15, 2021. Should I might as well wait for the 2022 model since we will be half way through the year? According to him they are unsure when the 2022 models will show up.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts