BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Historically, BMW introduced black version of the bike just before the updates or facelifts. Also, as we know from S1000RR history, the updates were introduced roughly each 2-3 years (2009, 2012, 2015 etc.). The current bike was presented in 2018.

What do you think happen in September:
  • New brakes (Brembo or Nissin)
  • New dash (leaked somewhere)
  • Active safety package (radar cruise control etc.)
?

·
Registered
47 Posts
New dash layout looks to be a software update and you can find it on BMW YouTube. It's like a few talking heads and right at the end of the video they preview the future update which is like a "split screen"

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey guys,

i'm actually about to do a factory order on a 2021 model here in Canada.

I asked the dealer if there would be an update or face lift coming next year and they said no as we got the current model as a late 2019.

the front calipers will be changed over from Hayes to the blue Nissin ones from the M1000 as of this April as there is a halt-sale on the bike because of that.

also some new options that can be added to the bike such as the M Billet Pack, M Titan Exhaust System or the Sports Silencer option.

the USB port in the trunk is a $50 option only as well.

·
Registered
797 Posts
hey guys,

I asked the dealer if there would be an update or face lift coming next year and they said no as we got the current model as a late 2019.

the front calipers will be changed over from Hayes to the blue Nissin ones from the M1000 as of this April as there is a halt-sale on the bike because of that.

also some new options that can be added to the bike such as the M Billet Pack, M Titan Exhaust System or the Sports Silencer option.

I dont want Blue calipers on my Black bike

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
New TFT from the new R1250 series.. this way the race track layout will be there for you if you feel lost on COTA at 3.4 miles.. haha

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
hey guys,

The M1000RR calipers are 108 mm and won't fit on a standard 2020 S1000RR with Hayes Calipers which are 100mm

·
Registered
27 Posts
The M1000RR calipers are 108 mm and won't fit on a standard 2020 S1000RR with Hayes Calipers which are 100mm
just relaying what the sales manager at my local BMW dealer advised to me when I asked about the new front calipers. I just placed my factory order in for a 2021 S1000RR so we'll see when it arrives by May :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Do you expect any other response from the dealer? Their job is to sell you bike, preferably sooner than later. Most dealers have no clue anyways. They're busy selling and servicing GS bikes to senior citizens, not following the rumours of the upcoming racing models.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it and any future updates will be minor so you won't regret it.

The bike, however, is technically from 2018 and I guarantee there will be revisions outside of livery and paint for the next year. It just fits their usual update pace and the list of recalls warrants hardware changes.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Wishing for:
  • Keyless start
  • Integrated turn signal in headlight
  • More comfortable seat
  • And since I'm short, better height adjustment! lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
Wishing for:
  • Keyless start
  • Integrated turn signal in headlight
  • More comfortable seat
  • And since I'm short, better height adjustment! lol
Keyless start will suck if your wearing a track suit with no pockets. I like the key where is it just my opinion though
Turn signal in headlight might be cool
M seat is really not all that bad. Even on a much older bike I have that has a very comfortable seat after enough riding you feel it
What is your height? I’m like 5’9 there is a lower seat available, you can also adjust the pivot point to the lowest setting ( havnt done that yet) seat is expensive so maybe try the pivot point or get a lowering link

What I hope for the newer year bikes/software
GPS on the right side like shown on the other bikes dash
Heated seat! Can be easily done just unplug to take off seat after taking bolt out
Mirrors that don’t vibrate like hell and actually work
Some more adjustability on the electronic suspension

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Keyless start will suck if your wearing a track suit with no pockets. I like the key where is it just my opinion though
Turn signal in headlight might be cool
M seat is really not all that bad. Even on a much older bike I have that has a very comfortable seat after enough riding you feel it
What is your height? I’m like 5’9 there is a lower seat available, you can also adjust the pivot point to the lowest setting ( havnt done that yet) seat is expensive so maybe try the pivot point or get a lowering link

What I hope for the newer year bikes/software
GPS on the right side like shown on the other bikes dash
Heated seat! Can be easily done just unplug to take off seat after taking bolt out
Mirrors that don’t vibrate like hell and actually work
Some more adjustability on the electronic suspension
Problem with lowering link is that i'll need a different/adjusted kickstand. and it also throws off the bike dynamic - i tried on a former bike. I'm just at the ball of my feet at 5'6.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts