BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s get the 2020 WSBK off to a great start! And enjoy the win of the SP by Tom Sykes!! BMW on pole! Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was gonna post this lol! Great way to start the season. With the pole! Now I'm more excited to see what he and laverty can do, especially Sykes with a season under his belt on the new bmw. This is gonna be hopefully an exciting season in WSBK.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, Laverty is sadly out for the rest of the weekend and Sykes seems to struggle with the rear tyre in the second part of the race.

Looks like BMW will stick to the middle of the pack through the season?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Tom looked good but then his tire issues. I wonder if there's too much mechanical grip? Redding was at his heels waiting to pass. Its not like Tom pushed the bike hard and had a huge lead... Everyone that passed him rode the same pace.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, the second choice of tyre was even worse. Kawasaki in front as expected. Redding is doing really great too and is second in the championship. BMW is the last in manufacturers standing.

·
4,608 Posts
Yamaha kicking it with the Turk onboard! Or maybe it's the new 2020 bike changes. Way more competitive than last year.
Or maybe because Rea was out?

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have to hope Tom does better. I didn’t notice the BMW pulling away in the straights. We’ll see what Race 2 brings
Well last year, everyone was pulling on the BMW. At least they are more competitive this year.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well last year, everyone was pulling on the BMW. At least they are more competitive this year.

Absolutely. I am not knocking Tom. I’m on the BMW and wagon. It’s just after watching the first half of the race one on Philip Island I was very excited. Rea is a monster on that Kawasaki and those Yamaha‘s are serious. Reading is no slouch either. He is up against top competition. I’m looking forward to seeing more races to see what the developmental changes have done to the bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Let’s get the 2020 WSBK off to a great start! And enjoy the win of the SP by Tom Sykes!! BMW on pole! Well done!

I would be nauseous if someone stole my bike. You got a nice stable of horses there. I may transition my ‘12 to track only & get another one w cruise control and heated grips. Unless I lose my job & have to hunt my food.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would be nauseous if someone stole my bike. You got a nice stable of horses there. I may transition my ‘12 to track only & get another one w cruise control and heated grips. Unless I lose my job & have to hunt my food.
I used to go to Toronto to visit Celestica when I was a semiconductor stock analyst during the Tech stock bubble & burst. Toronto was cool but I remember traffic being challenging.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I used to go to Toronto to visit Celestica when I was a semiconductor stock analyst during the Tech stock bubble & burst. Toronto was cool but I remember traffic being challenging.
Traffic is crazy!! It is clear now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts