BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What settings is everyone using for the track? Am I the only one who feels the stock WC and TC settings are too intrusive in the pro modes?

·
Registered
957 Posts
What settings is everyone using for the track? Am I the only one who feels the stock WC and TC settings are too intrusive in the pro modes?
Street bike is street bike.
Street bike is not track/race bike.
Street bike is developed, equipped and tuned for street riding.
Street bike can be converted to track/race bike.
Pro modes = Street bike marketing sh1t.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, they are. I was running -7.

Flashed rs2e.de TC, can't wait to try it out once covid is over
I thought the setting only went to -5, I just saw it went to -7. I've tried WC 1 and it is supposed to allow high wheelies, but it keeps putting the wheel back down pretty early to me as well. I thought WC 1 would float the wheelie until I shifted or set it down before the next corner.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Street bike is street bike.
Street bike is not track/race bike.
Street bike is developed, equipped and tuned for street riding.
Street bike can be converted to track/race bike.
Pro modes = Street bike marketing sh1t.
That's true to a certain extent, but I feel like some bikes have settings specifically for the track that you wouldn't want to ride on the street. I know you're not going to get kit style adjustability from the factory, but I was hoping to get a little more that just your standard aggressive street setting knowing people will be on the track.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Hey I'm very interested in this thread, not just for TC settings but for how ya'll have fine-tuned the bike to get faster lap times. I'm perplexed that my lap times are consistently slower on this bike compared to my some of my buddies I used to be as fast if not faster than on my 2015 S1K. I'm running stock Metzler tires. Stock 525 chain pitch. I'm running this on Race Pro 1. I know it could be me...but for now, I"m blaming the bike :)

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts
Sometimes tune characteristics can effect confidence in DTC. No matter the level of rider today, the DTC is part of doing road courses.

The wheelie control is alot different on the K67 from the K46 also. You have to have alot of confidence in it and just pin it.

I have not been to ECR since the new pavement, but my old times were 1:55's on really fast good temps days and just average track days with RS they were 1:58's.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wheelie and TC on stock ECU are rubbish. They are too intrusive even at low settings.

If you're serious about track times, the best options is either get rs2e.de flash or M RCK ECU and tune it yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts