BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys/gals like?

I was looking at a few options (ie shark skinz) but this will be my first set of fairings to swap out on my bike for track days. Don't want to waste the $$$. Thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
I was hoping auctmart would have some made( aftermarket fairings not necessarily just for track) but that hasn’t happened yet. I’ve had really good luck though then on a bunch of bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill have to look into them. Hopefully they will be available soon. I want a track day but i hate going with non race plastics.

·
Registered
54 Posts
CRC fairings are pretty good quality and reasonable price, I bought a set of hot bodies fairings for our R1 race bike couple of years ago and they were crap, we actually ended up throwing them out without even using them.

·
4,669 Posts
Sharkskin & Carbonine are quality but $$.
Lacomoto & armorbodies are decent, what I use. Have not checked if they released 2020 fairings yet.

Reactions: DJOrlando

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping auctmart would have some made( aftermarket fairings not necessarily just for track) but that hasn’t happened yet. I’ve had really good luck though then on a bunch of bikes

Reached out to Auctmart...their fairings will be out mid next month (July).

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats my plan is to swap them out for track days then OEM for the street... Next up is research on how to remove the oem fairings lights and all.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thats my plan is to swap them out for track days then OEM for the street... Next up is research on how to remove the oem fairings lights and all.
They can make oem copy’s just need to show them a bunch of pictures. I had them make oem copy’s for a few r1’s but also whatever you want for design

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
It's not hard, just tedious. The bodywork snaps into place in several spots that might not be obvious.

2 tips:
1. On the tail bodywork, the pointy end on each side at the very back has a little tab that points toward the front of the bike. You'll want to slide those off toward the rear rather than pull them off sideways.
2. Under the windscreen, the cover that you remove to disconnect the lights in the mirrors has 2 tabs near the top, and one hook at the bottom that slides in from below. Be careful pulling loose the tabs at the top of that piece or you can break the hook at the bottom when they pop loose. (Don't ask how I know.)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not hard, just tedious. The bodywork snaps into place in several spots that might not be obvious.

2 tips:
1. On the tail bodywork, the pointy end on each side at the very back has a little tab that points toward the front of the bike. You'll want to slide those off toward the rear rather than pull them off sideways.
2. Under the windscreen, the cover that you remove to disconnect the lights in the mirrors has 2 tabs near the top, and one hook at the bottom that slides in from below. Be careful pulling loose the tabs at the top of that piece or you can break the hook at the bottom when they pop loose. (Don't ask how I know.)
yeah i have a heavy hand and would have def broke the hook for number 2. Great tips ty! (i will just assume you know because a friend told ya lol)

What about removing the assembly with the headlights? pretty simple?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Sorry - I haven't removed the headlight assembly. If you get stuck I can look in the shop/technical manual and tell you what it says.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No rush, i have time since i need to wait to be able to even order the plastics. I have a feeling that i will be bugging you when it happens.

I have this bookmarked to follow along with:

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I'll have some uppers and lowers in white available. Alpha/Carbonin. Used. We are replacing with Armour Bodies (our sponsor) who finally got them produced.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll have some uppers and lowers in white available. Alpha/Carbonin. Used. We are replacing with Armour Bodies (our sponsor) who finally got them produced.
Will you be selling these? Assuming they are they same ones you had at the BMW press event last year? The white primary color ones?

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Will you be selling these? Assuming they are they same ones you had at the BMW press event last year? The white primary color ones?
Actually the BMW press bikes were all stock, we took those and put track plastics from Carbonin, just the upper and lower, no seat or tail piece. We should have a number of those available in the near future as we switch over to Armour Bodies. PM for specific questions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts