BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My dealer already peeled the plastic off of my TFT by the time i got to the dealer.....they took my joy away from me...I mean who doesn't like unpeeling electronics...should have asked for more off the bike lol.

Mine says 2 weeks out as well. So same here ill post my thoughts.

Was going to do some cold weather riding today but it started to snow so that squashed that idea.
You should have told them to put a piece of expel on it! I told my dealer to leave mine on.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have the BMW TFT protector. Its good. Cleaning the dash without one is a PITA. It gets dirty real quick.
Ahhh but you get the employee discount. It's a bit pricey if the $14 one works just as good plus it's two for $14.

·
Registered
517 Posts
By the time I noticed it was off I was already at home over an hour away. I didn't even think about asking them to leave it on.

Ah well, she will just have a little dust on her since the weather won't allow me to ride for at least the next 10 days. Hopefully, it'll be in by then.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
what ever you do, don't touch it. Keep a micro fiber towel over it lol

·
Registered
517 Posts
what ever you do, don't touch it. Keep a micro fiber towel over it lol
yeah i may have already found that out...swapped out my wind screen for an MRA tinted one....i may have put a hand print on it when i was inspecting everything that i could see while the screen was off. Learned my lesson.

·
Registered
517 Posts
oops yeah, should be here in a week or 2. It's ok though my bike is at the dealer anyway so not like I can do anything with it lol. On a good note, the dealer is going to throw on my tank pad, gb covers, and oil/rad guard while they have it in the shop. Once, I get my stomp grips in then I will be all done with my minor mods.

I am contemplating getting a carbon fiber gas cap but i don't know how i feel about installing one that doesn't lock. I just feel like someone is going to mess with the bike. The current ones I've seen that do lock don't catch my attention.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
oops yeah, should be here in a week or 2. It's ok though my bike is at the dealer anyway so not like I can do anything with it lol. On a good note, the dealer is going to throw on my tank pad, gb covers, and oil/rad guard while they have it in the shop. Once, I get my stomp grips in then I will be all done with my minor mods.

I am contemplating getting a carbon fiber gas cap but i don't know how i feel about installing one that doesn't lock. I just feel like someone is going to mess with the bike. The current ones I've seen that do lock don't catch my attention.
There's always this nice aluminum one

·
Registered
517 Posts
yeah i was looking at that but i want a carbon fiber one. Found this one but it doesnt lock.

I guess it all depends on whether or not you trust people not to open it and screw w ya.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Do you keep your bike in an area where people will mess with it?

·
Registered
517 Posts
oh i just mean for regular commuting. Hell ive come outside to have people sitting on my bike! I trust no one to **** with her.

·
Registered
517 Posts
US - This happened when i lived in FL. Was quite pissed off

·
Registered
765 Posts
US - This happened when i lived in FL. Was quite pissed off
I won't start a "Florida man" meme, but I don't blame you for being pissed. Most people would never sit on the hood of your car or get in the bed of your truck - amazing someone would sit on your bike.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Windex can eat some of the protective covering on some electronic devices. use with care.

personally, i just use water and a micro fiber cloth.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Patiently waiting for my screen protector to come in....

·
Registered
517 Posts
you and me both...i even look at the full case covering i think it was 199....hard pill to swallow. Hopefully itll be in soon, too bad there is no tracking info so you can get a rough idea as to when itll arive.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts